BeautyHacker

Two-Jaw surgery

Hi guys, I m contemplating 2 jaw surgery too along with zygoma and mandibular reduction to fix my facial asymmetry. For those who had surgery. Can I know how u guys paid for the surgical cost given the huge amount? Did u do Telegraphic transfer or cash or credit?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I messaged you :smile:

• 2 weeks later...
Hello. I don't want to clutter-up the forum, as this is the only issue I am concerned about. I made a profile so that hopefully I could PM you, but I hope doing it here is okay?

Is everything still quite alright with your results? I can't find much of anything on Dr. Hsieh outside of this forum. I did e-mail him directly, but of course a patient would be the proper one to ask.

I hope you are doing very well, and I would love to hear back from you. Thanks so much.

• 4 weeks later...
Hey, I do know a good doctor for two jaw surgery. If you want to add him on your list and check him out, pm me!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Swoon_ca,
I also would like to hear from you how you are now. I need 2 jaw surgery and also thinking of going to Taiwan.

• 1 month later...
Hi everyone,
I had two jaw surgery in Seoul two months ago and I stayed there for 7 weeks. It was to correct asymmetry and a slight long face, which the surgery corrected but I think I got OVER corrected.

I'm not sure if it's swelling, but my face is currently extremely undefined/not as contoured as compared to before surgery. My face also became much smaller after surgery but I find that the ratio is not balanced now (upper face too big and chin too small), though I did specifically ask for a NOT-small chin. My cheeks which show up when I smile (I think it's called apple cheeks) are no longer flattering now, they are too big for my smaller face and actually make me look fat or chubby.. My profile is awesome though, so that's one good thing.

I'm getting quite impatient with the swelling now, there should be some left but I'm not sure how big of a difference it'll make. I'm waiting for the half year mark before the review with my doctor, but in the meantime, the wait is excruciating. I find myself looking at my old pictures a lot nowadays, and the change is really difficult for me to accept.

It'll be great if anyone else who has gone through the same thing can share their experience with me, or simply just chat with me about recovery.

I had four jaw surgery (two jaw surgery + anterior segmental osteotomy + genioplasty) three weeks ago at EverM and Dr. Yoon and Dr. Seo told me that people usually see 60-70% of their swelling subside within a month. The rest of the swelling can take as long as 6 months to go away and it varies from person to person, depending on how much bleeding there was during your surgery (they told me I had a lot because of the long teeth that they needed to extract for ASO).

I too am experiencing the same problem as you. I had my long face shortened, asymmetry corrected, protruded mouth corrected, etc. My cheeks, especially the lower, are puffy and it makes me look like I have a baby face. I am hoping my features will slim down and become more defined over the next weeks, as I requested Dr. Yoon to make my face more angular. I do have hope that the final result will be good because he showed me my post-surgery x-ray 2 weeks after surgery, and my bone structure looks fantastic now. I just need to remain patient and let my tissues adjust to my new face.

I will be doing rhinoplasty and fat graft consultations next week once they remove the wafer and screws, but I won't be having those surgeries until February because I want to let the swelling subside more. I will inquire about my puffy cheeks during the consultations. Hopefully they will be able to tell me if it's swelling or permanent. If it is permanent, then I might consider buccal fat removal.

Here's an abstract of an article I found about swelling post two jaw surgery:

Plast Reconstr Surg. 2007 Jun;119(7):2192-9.
A three-dimensional evaluation of postoperative swelling following orthognathic surgery at 6 months.
Kau CH, Cronin AJ, Richmond S.

Abstract
BACKGROUND:
Advances in three-dimensional technology have enabled applications for the clinical setting to be created and used in routine diagnosis, treatment planning, and patient education. The objectives of this prospective clinical trial were to determine the volume changes associated with facial swelling following orthognathic surgery.
METHODS:
Twelve subjects requiring orthognathic surgery were recruited for the study. Laser scanned images of the subjects were obtained under a reproducible, controlled environment with two laser-scanning devices assembled as a stereo pair. Three-dimensional laser scans were recorded over six time periods, as follows: T1, presurgical scan; T2, 1 day postoperatively; T3, 1 week postoperatively; T4, 1 month postoperatively; T5, 3 months postoperatively; and T6, 6 months postoperatively.
RESULTS:
The results showed a clinical difference in the mean shell deviations between bimaxillary and single-jaw orthognathic surgery. Furthermore, the results suggest that the mean volume of swelling was reduced by approximately 60 percent within the first month after surgery. Finally, the amounts of swelling following surgery were greater in bimaxillary cases. The recovery in the swelling was also faster in this group of patients.
CONCLUSIONS:
Three-dimensional imaging has opened up new avenues of patient care and treatment evaluation. The results have shown that the laser scanning device and the method described are a reliable and accurate measure of facial swelling following surgery.

Similarly I also bled quite a bit after surgery, through my nose especially and it made breathing so, so hard. Tough times, man.

Do you like the placement of your jaws/teeth after surgery? I had quite a bright smile before surgery but now I kinda look toothless.

Do you have kakao?

I used to have a very big and gummy smile before the surgery. Now my smile is completely different. For sure my teeth don't show as much and my smile is less wide but I think this is normal for people who have their upper jaw impacted and get ASO. I have read that it takes months an months for your smile to come back as the swelling goes down and all the muscles/tissues adjust to the new underlying bone structure. Plus, I still need to go through 6-12 months of braces. Dr. Yoon is coordinating with my orthodontist in Shanghai to ensure the treatment is comprehensive and final outcome is optimal. We'll see how things are when I get the braces off!

Two jaw surgery procedure last between 3-6 hours depending on the surgeon and the complexity of your case. Mine was about 5 hours because I had other work done at the same time (ASO + genioplasty). I will say that you don't really notice how long the surgery is because you are under general anesthesia. Once the put the mask on you, you're asleep in less than a minute then the next thing you know you are waking up in the recovery room.