BeautyHacker

Two-Jaw surgery

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is for Dr. Hsieh in Taiwan:

location - Location was easily accessible from the Taipei Main station M8 exit.

Wait Time- I scheduled an appointment at 6PM, and was seen at 6:45PM.

Office - The office is alright. There’s water and some coffee on the left side once you enter through the doors. What struck me as unprofessional was the amount of half empty coffee mugs on the front desk. There were about 4 front desk clerks and it was a little chaotic.

Dr. - Dr. Hsieh was alright but he seemed quite eccentric. He speaks the English language well but he purposely isolates himself from the financial, scheduling, and management side of surgery.
This is where the issue came up for me. During my consultation, he recommended orthognathic surgery and described the procedure. When I asked about the results of such a surgery, he said that “You know, all people that come here ask me this question.” and he seemed kind of off-put by it. Of course people ask this question, they wouldn’t be looking into facial surgery otherwise! Basically, he told me the only way to know would be to do an examination (CT Scan) and even then it would be mostly a demonstration. He didn’t once let me know any of the complications or the dangers of surgery and seemed

So I asked him if I was able to fit a surgery into my short schedule. I needed to leave within a week and a half. He said I would be able to, so I went forward with the examination, spending $6300 NTD (or ~$200). Examination consisted of a CT Scan, ‘before’ picture, and a mold of my upper and lower teeth.

What should have immediately struck me as strange was how disorganized everyone was. The nurse I was following around led me from the dental clinic area to the photographic area and back… twice. Not sure why. Dr. Hsieh also rubbed me the wrong way when he started talking about how much more money he'd make in the US, if he chose to practice there instead... during the consultation. $$

Once I had my scan, I went to the front desk to talk to the girl there about the follow up consultation. This is where the communication went to hell. She tried to fit me on the day before my flight. I let her know I was leaving the next day and that I wanted it earlier. She fit me in a few days before and that was that.

Then I sent them an email regarding a few questions (when will I be able to have my procedure done, will it make it in time, etc.) and it turned out… I can’t even have the procedure done. There wasn’t enough time. I wasted $6300 NTD! And despite telling them I was leaving abroad on X date, none of them had the bright idea of letting me know that I couldn’t have the procedure done in time. Dr. Hsieh even told me himself it was okay and that I had time. Apparently not.

Customer Service/Communication - So be wary of the communication issues. I was able to speak some Mandarin and the issue still popped up. The doctor can speak English, but the rest of his office has limited grasp of it. So be wary of anything they say.

Professionalism - When taking a photo during the exam, i noticed that there was unlocked cabinets full of patient information. I could have easily reached through and looked at previous patient’s information if I was so inclined. 0/10 for HIPAA violations.

In conclusion, I can’t speak much for the surgical abilities of Dr. Hsieh, but I wanted to share my own experience with Charm Aesthetic Surgery Center. After all this, I would really not recommend this location unless you speak Mandarin and are, for some reason, in Taiwan for a month. The cost is about 10K USD.

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...
I hope someone who did 2 jaw or any face contouring surgery can share their experience on skin sagging post surgery. I am 35yrs old this year & considering for jaw surgery. Not sure if it worth the price of getting skin sagging for the rest of my life post surgery... Seems like I am too old for any bone surgery at this age

I'm looking to have it done in a few months, maybe 2. I am just worried about the skin sagging but my jaw is really painful...if I'm young (18) do you guys think this will be an issue for me? Is it mostly for older women? I really need to align my jaw but I am scared of ruining my face

hey, I did not have double jaw surgery but lower jaw, with assymetrical fix.
I did it in my homecountry (Netherlands) and my doctor said i had to wait till i was 21 because your jaw keeps growing till that age, and if you had surgery it could change a bit afterwards if i did it too early.
I even had like a special ''growth photo''. I pushed him and said i couldnt wait so i did it at 20.5. I dont know if this is the same for everyone but thought i let you know. And you have pain in your jaw? is it around your jawmuscles? maybe get botox, i do it every 4 months cause of the surgery they take so much bone the muscle now have to overcompensate and get really sore and big but with the botox i have no problems and looks great.

• 3 weeks later...

Ohh my god thank you so so much for this list it really gives me a better idea of how to approach these clinic I'm jumping for joy Im about to copy and paste this try to translate it mostly to English

Do you know the link to the story or which clinic she had went to
Thanks in advance