BeautyHacker

My recent consultations in Seoul and surgical experiences

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mrs King,

I went for my pre-op consult today and I asked Dr yi if his clinic does eye revisions and facial contouring. He said he does eyelid revisions and the other doctor (Dr chu who is actually the 3rd Korean doctor listed on their clinic's website) does facial contouring. I didn't muster enough courage to ask "are you famous for that?"...so sorry; ( I really don't know about Dr yi's work, I did see impressive photos of his face lift and some lipo work and I remembered him telling me he is passionate about face lifting haa:smile:. But if it is of any help, Dr yi is oldish and used to be a prof at a university. He definitely has many years of experience performing surgeries but which ones, I'm also not sure; (. I couldn't find anything about Dr yi soki and liposuction online. I'm just going with my gut feel, partly I guess.shudders..OMG

When I see my dermatologist during my post op check up, I will try to ask him if 101 is good for eye and facial contouring.

I'm doing my nose with Dr Paik and armpit, thighs and abs lipo with Dr Yi. :smile: did my fat graft and chin and cheek lipo with leaders clinic.

As of today, my experience is still very positive. Dr yi actually told me to bring my old compression garment and he will get it altered by the "designer" as my arms have gone down and the garment doesn't fit. I like his humility and sincerity:smile: I will update you peeps after next week. I'm sure I will freak out when I look like a pig head after my rhino this fri; ( and I will look to you peeps for support!

Msahpui,

Thank you for being such a sweet girl! I appreciate all of the info you gathered for me while busy learning about the doctors and clinics for your surgery. God bless your heart.

Good luck with Dr. Paik and Dr. Yi at 101. Talk to us here when you need support or just someone to talk to. I know I'll be rooting for you all the way.

• 2 months later...
Hey K, you've been awesome with all the advice! There are somethings I hope you could clarify:

As long as I give my body some down time in between, does this mean that if I were to have rhinoplasty, chin implants and zygoma reduction but by different surgeons from different practices (by this I really just mean two), it would be okay to get rhinoplasty more or less a week before having the rest performed? I ask this with the last sentence I've quoted in mind. I'm paraphrasing as I forget which thread I read this from, but the poster(s) said it's better to get the bone-related surgeries done first because of how face shape was a determining factor of how well our facial features could look. Sorry in advance if I got the wrong end of the stick :S

Does plastic surgery necessary made you better? I've shown a picture to one of the clinic in korea through online and the pictures he sent make to me after the surgery on my cheeks, chin and nose was horrendous. I looked like a bird. I have no idea since now after I see the photoshop picture it was so ugly I couldn't even imagine. But however, whenever I look at myself I am determine to do my nose (especially alarplastic bcause my nose is so huge). In addition, I realised I have serious sinus problem especially at night. I 've consulted doctors and they told me it is due to my nose shape. So guys, do plastic surgery made you look better?

Thank you for sharing your experience with us Msahpui! I'm glad to hear that you're satisfied with the result!
I'm thinking about getting a consultation with Dr Paik at 101 Plastic Surgery after reading your review. Could you please tell me which material did he use for your nose bridge and tip?
Thank you ^^

I've just got an email from dr Paik telling that he won't be available for consultation / surgery until 21th September. Since I'll leave Seoul on 20th, he recommended me his friend, doctor Chu, which is considered "one of the best rhino surgeons" by himself.
What should I do guys? °_° Have anyone had an operation with dr Chu at 101 plastic surgery clinic?

anyone know if there are the slowest season for ps. just thinking out load maybe slower season, one might gets better deal, more attention, easier to book certain surgeons. thinking going there in November or Octorber. kakao: kz168a;

Just avoid Jul-Aug, late Nov - early Jan as well as China long holidays (e.g. early May, early Oct)

• 2 weeks later...

Will wait for ur sharing experiences ^^

Thanks for the info. Crossing my fingers 1st to 8 nov is not crowded.

Oh ya I read from 16 Feb to 22 Feb 2015 is korea new year hence alot of clinic n even shopping malls r close. please correct me if wrong.

good luck to all who will b having ps soon. :biggrin:

To be sure to avoid korean holidays, you can search in google for Koreans calendars. They also show students holidays as well.
Just Double check before getting tickets :smile: