BeautyHacker

My recent consultations in Seoul and surgical experiences

Their website doesn't appeal to me lol. Seems more like for a couture magazine than a surgical clinic. I personally prefer sites that are cold, clinical and corporate looking with few before and after photos but lots of info. on the surgeons and their credentials. Less in your face marketing the better. Tho i can definitely see how such a design can appeal to alot of aspiring first timers. :P

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi. Actually I have called my country embassy in Korea and they gave me the number of Nina Kim she is the director general of global healthcare center and sh advised me with jk as its the only government plast surgery hospital

The only problem is that their prices are the highest in Korea for me I don't care about the payment as long as they are really qualified

Hi
Can you tell me the sources of the information that they are not good in v line

Experiences of patients and B&A pictures. My information is gathered from many sources. it doesn't mean they don't do v-line well or safely. it means they're style is subtle and more U than V.

can you give me your sources for "only government PS hospital"? and don't post a link to some PS promoting website or a website that pretends to be a news site like bntnews.co.uk. post a link to an official Korean govt website or similar.

I have read ur post
As u said dream is a good clinic do u think they are good on the procedures I want which is nose job , fat graft, lipo

Waiting ur ans

• 1 month later...
K Corture,

Thank you so much for these detailed info. Dream is also among my list for consultation. I had a lot of confusion about Dream reading this forum because there were two clinic named Dream, Dream Clinic (now changed to Before & After) and Dream Surgery (now Dream Medical Group) I heard many people mentioning Dreams on this forum (i read all 600 pages of these threads) and just cant figure out whether they refer to B&A clinic or Dream Medical Group? I have read somewhere on here that Dream is famous operating on SM celebs, then they split into those two above clinics. Just not sure the dr. who operates on those celebs were Dr. Park and Dr. Kim... What made you consider Dream in the first place and do you know about their general reputation?

Are you still planning to go to Dream in June? I am considering zygoma reduction, genioplasty and nose job. If I do it at dream does it mean Dr. Kim will work on the facial contourig whilst Dr. Park work on my nose? Consultant at Dream recommend me the same procedures but the prices they quoted me is among the highest (total 18 mil KRW) have you tried negotiating with them? How low do you think I can get it down to? Tbh my budget is only around 12 mil - 13 mil max.

they have i think 6-8 different surgeons at dream. If you do not specify a surgeon the consultant will simply assign you to whoever is available at the time. I can't speak for the other surgeons there because i only consulted with Dr Kim and Dr Park. But i had a very good consultation with them.

also are all ure procedures primary?

Yes all of mine are primary. I have read and ask my Korean friend, they said Dream is among the busiest clinic in term of no. patients. So I would surely try to get hold of Dr. Kim and Park. I hope they prioritise international patients to consult with these two because I dont think the rest of the doctor can speak Eng very well.
My major concern is cost, Dream is top on my list right now based on the detailed comms and from what I have read no negative reviews so far, but I hope to bring the prices down a bit more to fit my budget. Do you think negotiate like 25% down is reasonable? I'm thinking of "pretending" to be Korean (or ask my korean friend) to send email to them to see the prices they quote to locals actually then compare.
Have you booked surgery with them already or would you consult more clinic in May/June?

no my surgical date is already booked. I really dont know how much you can knock the price down by as i myself have yet to even start to bargain. Dream doesn't take deposits to book a surgery date so since i have yet to pay a single cent yet so far, i havent discussed any possible price cuts.

From my understanding i believe that in Korea its not so much whether you can speak korean or not. Its more so if they think ure a surgical newb and are clueless. If you give a clinic that impression then it is more likely they will jack you. I usually stick to these rules. And i apply them to every clinic i go to.

a) be quick and concise with the consultants. Do not discuss surgical methods or options or what not. Just tell them what you want done and leave it at that. I always make it a point that my time with the surgeon is of the utmost importance

b) don't ask stupid questions that you can answer with common sense

c) never e-mail and ask for quotes. I leave my negociations when face to face with the consultant. It will give you more room to bargain since all information will be layed out on the table. Last thing you want is for them to quote u a higher price than in the email by justifying ure case requires more work etc etc

That is very nice of them not asking for deposit! Did you book morning surgery to avoid the surgeons being tired etc?

FYI Dream quote me KRW 3.9 million for primary rhinoplasty (AR, TA, u-graft) over email. Even yours is a revised one I dont think they can increase the price by much higher and with your knowledge and confidence I am pretty sure you'll get a good deal ^^.

actually 3.5-3.9 seems to be the norm of what they charge for primary rhino. Ive had couple of ppl pm me about prices and shared quotes. Its usually at that range. I don't know about the other procedures u want done tho.

Hi all,

I need some help in rhinoplasty corrective surgery... The tip was protruding. The whole situation made my nose looked very short and the nostrils can be seen from the front view, like a pig nose.

Im lost as i dont know which clinic to visit when im there in May!