BeautyHacker

Bigger eyes? How? height?

Okay, this is a weird question.... but i have weird eyes.... at least i think i do haha :biggrin: i want to make them bigger but i think they can't be any longer... everyone says if you want bigger eyes do epi or lateral (inner or outer corner lengthening) but what if your eyes are already as long as they can be? i stretched my eyes from the inner and outer corner, there's no more white (only 1-2mm more) after that is just red flesh... so they are already as long as they can be?? I have slight ptosis... it really bothers me T_T i think my eyes would look a lot bigger if my ptosis is corrected and if they were HIGHER not longer... my eyes are already so long their lengths together is 50+% of my face width (temple to temple) and I asked my friend and she said my eyes are longer than normal..... so i don't think epi/lateral can help me but if I pull my eyelids up it makes my eyes look bigger... if i pull them down they look bigger... is there any surgery that can do that? will the ptosis correction help? i will ask a doctor as soon as i get in for a consultation but i wanted to ask here first... am i just a freak? haha... or too demanding.... my eyes aren't small but to me they look small because they're a lot longer than the height... it would look bigger and more balanced if they were higher.....

You can never be too demanding. It is your own face, after all!

I can't tell a lot without picture, but it sounds a lot like ptosis correction is exactly what you need. If your current eyelid sits so where part of the iris (colored part of the eye) is covered, it's definitely a good idea. If the eyelid line only goes across a little of the top of the iris, ptosis correction might make you look surprised a lot (this isn't as much of a concern for people who wear large circle lenses)

first!

thank you your reply was just what I was looking for ^^ well if I just look straight ahead normally and don't try to lift my eyelids they cover maybe 20% of the iris? so I think it's something I really need to fix.... I don't mind taking the surprised look risk, I wear lenses all the time anyway ^^

I don't post pictures online for "privacy reasons" (as long as my face doesn't satisfy me it stays private! :biggrin: ) but it's not only that it covers some of the iris, you know how your eyelid is supposed to go in an arc? but instead of an arc you have more like a straight line, it's like that... so ugly. It's not bad so if I try to open my eyes (like doing the "surprised look" on purpose but not as bad, only enough to get rid of droopy look) I can make it less noticeable but it's impossible to do it all the time..... I think it's a case where small change would actually make a huge difference? because I think it looks worse than it is :biggrin:

Do you mean too much top skin eyefold which makes your eyes smaller? You should google an image similar to what your are describing.

I would guess eyelift (blepharoplasty) surgery might work.

Iwanted to do that yesterday already but every time I look for pictures they show an issue that is 万 times worse than mine and that makes me feel like it's all in my head... but it's not!! Just when I wrote that I found a picture: http://hudsonesc.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/tear-glands-blocked-647.jpg you see the upper eyelids? instead of an arc the line is more straight because of drooping. That picture is the closes I could find... It's because of too much skin... so the skin needs to be removed I think.

Hi Shiny,

Are your eyes like my ones? Mine has a lot of excess skin or fat so it looks droopy.

[​IMG]

If I raise my eyebrows up it pulls the excess skin up and you could see the small double eyelids underneath.

[​IMG]

I'm getting incisional double eyelids so hopefully they can cut away all the skin and fat. Do you think I have ptosis?

I want to make my eyes much bigger as well. Initially I thought I must have epi and lateral canthoplasty, but when doing my research, a lot of people seem to regret their epi. And I heard with lateral canthoplasty the bottom eyeline will sag as you age... although there isn't any hard evidence for it, I wouldn't want to risk it lol.

You eyes were like mine before my surgery about 1 year 6 months ago. My surgeon did medial epicanthoplasy for me as i have significant epicanthic fold. There are risk factors for medial epicanthoplasty as inner corner is much prone to scars, therefore, the skills of the surgeon is very important for this.

Hi fufu, do you think it's worth getting it done and do you have any visible scars from the epi?

Not necessary to have. If you have very significant epicanthic fold and wants a parallel double eyelid, you can opt for the epi. If you want something that is simpler, I suggest not.

In my case, I am fortunate. No visible scars from the epi surgery.

yes that's exactly my problem, glad you understood ^^ i think you have maybe slight ptosis? mine is also slight i think, a little more than you? but not much! i think our cases are pretty similar ^^ yes i don't want to get too many things if theyre little help niw and a big problem later...

Can you tell me what the medial is? what other kinds are there? how do they help?

it's okay I will get blepharoplasty ^^ from the pictures in that link I think I'm 2 or 3~ from the explanation it seems better to do both bleph and ptosis correction ^^ i already have the email but i didn't have the website, thank you ^^

It's just a term, cutting the inner corner.