BeautyHacker

Acculift Skin Tightening? Anyone had this procedure done?

So i've been quite set on getting acculift done because as i was told by the surgeon, he said its removal of fat and shrink wrapping the soft tissue of the face thus tightening skin. But I recently did some searching on google and found this.

http://www.realself.com/question/worse-acculift-neck-lift

Western Surgeons were saying that it is just a form of laser lipo and the tightening of skin is non existant or very minimal. Basically they are suggesting that the skin tightening effect is just a marketing gimmick and the procedures does no such thing. I am aware that facial lipo has a side effect in that it causes sagging once the fat is removed due to excess skin. I was hoping this procedure would counter that side effect with a tightening effect on the skin. Thoughts anyone?

Anyone who has had this procedure done noticed any significant tightening? Your input would be much appreciated.

xx

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had it done along with my mandible reduction and PRP. I needed it to reduce some of the soft tissue on one side of my face so I'll let you know of the results once the swelling subsides.

I was considering it before I got a chance to Dr. Yoo at Pitangui. He didn't recommended for my case as I was more concerned about the slightly sagging jawline and with my age, I should be putting fat on my face and not sucking it out.

Acculift is more of a mini lipo for face with minimal lifting effect. So it really depends on your area of concern. I went for the QMC Mid face / Scar Free incisional lift instead at the recommendation of the doctor. He said the result would be more obvious and last twice to three time as long as any other method.

I am Asian and 43 years old.

So have so you decided in which clinic and procedure.? I'm planning for similar procedure but still very confusing. Please share . Iam also Asian that need to DO something fast......:smile: Thank

I am at Lex Tourist Hotel right now! LOL I flew in to Seoul on Jan 15th and had a consultation with Pitangui on that early morning and decided to do it with them on the spot. My surgery was scheduled for that late afternoon and all went well or that is what I have been told ;). This is my fifth day post op on:

Zygoma reduction by shaving for more dramatic result than shifting bones.
QMC Mid Facelift --the procedure I chose or recommended to me instead of Acculift
Upper Blepharospasty
Lateral Cantho
Slanty Eyes Correction
Fat Grafting on Forehead, Temples, and laugh lines

I am extremely swollen around the eyes and pretty much the whole face. I have not experienced any pain except some dull aches and tightness around the incision areas. Everything is rather numb at this point. The swelling has come down a bit today as I went in for some intravenous de-swelling injection and antibiotic. I will be at the clinic again tomorrow morning for some de-swelling light treatment which is already inclusive of the total price I paid.

I hope my answer is of help to you :smile:)

Hi there,

First congrats to your speedy decision. All done:smile: I work in the OR and sooooo familiar with the POST OP. Drink pineapples & pumpkins juice ..... A lots!!!! Whoa... I am excited for you. When you are feeling a little better then give me some detail- tips- accommodation. My friends suppose to go with but they are backing out due to work schedule. Would love to hear from you. Rest well! Don't eat RED meat... Which causing keloid ! Sweet rice will cause pus and difficult to heal! Rice soup is the best, not that filling but.... It is good in the run.😊😊😊😊

Thank you so much, Quick 2014 :smile: I don't know anything about what to eat and what not so thank you soooo much for the tips. It is a little too late on the red meat as I had some BBQ beef on the third night after surgery :"(. So pineapple juice is the drink huh? Is the one in a carton is good enough or do I have to get it fresh?

What procedures are you looking to get done and which country will you be flying in from? Cheers! ^^

Hi,
It's ok if u already ate Red meat! Stop now....:smile: pineapples juice will detox and ease on all the swollen! There are couple restaurant have rice soup which easy for your body & inside! You will appreciate later on due to all the scar much smoother...Kudos... To you NO matter what... YOU DID IT!!! Everybody does& deserved whatever they wish!

I don't know that I said enough but again take care yourself. Eat and drink CLEAN for the first two weeks. It's very important! If you can find papaya cream applied on after two weeks your scar will b perfect"! It is totally natural! YAHOO!!!!!

I didn't answer your questions!! Hi hi

I want to have these thing done:

Eyes lid "skin"- mini facial lift- AND paranasal augmentation ! I'm super nervous cuz I afraid would be too many procedures done. Bur after read your post ... Whew.... Nothing ..haha
Uhmmmm... I'm thinking seriously about your clinic now:smile: the worst part in this DEAL are I Know too much about surgery due to my job but I know Nothing about their language &. Country!!!! I hate to be in the passenger seat! But after reading your post , I have to admit that I need to take a deep breath and not to be soooo OCD:smile:))))
You don't know that how much you had helped me to look into different angles.
I live in northern Cali and planning go to Korea in May by myself....

If you know in your heart of heart that you would not rest unless you have these procedure done, just arrange for sometime off work and get it done! Sooner or later you would do it, why spend so much time on May Be I Should, Nah May Be I Should Not! LOL.

Make an educated decision. Get it done sooner so you can enjoy the results for longer :smile:)

My doctor made it very clear that this procedure was not a lift as well and he called it laser lipo or something along those lines, after analysing my x-rays and my skin he found that my concerns were mainly a soft tissue problem and lifting the skin was not necessary at this point although he mentioned that the laser's heat does help promote collagen production which improves the skin's elasticity but of course there won't be any drastic changes as one would expect from a traditional facelift.

They had to make small incisions on each side near my ears which I was worried about but thankfully after removing the bandages yesterday I could hardly find them so that was a big relief! :smile:

oh wow i cant believe its been just over a month since i lst spoke to you and you had it done already! so what procedures did you end up getting besides acculift andf where did you go?

Also do you notice any sagging from the acculift? or are you too swollen to tell