BeautyHacker

Acculift Skin Tightening? Anyone had this procedure done?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

laser lipo or thermal tightening is never going to be as effective as a surgical procedure. Often these treatments work by heating the deep layers of the skin and creating a small amount of swelling that will eventually subside in about three to six months. There are many procedures that can now be done in the office, such as eyelid lift, neck lift and even facelift, that will give a permanent result. And definitely never go to an ENT or other surgeon - only a board-certified Plastic and Reconstructive surgeon.

I believe what shiny glittery meant is that acculift only removes fat and has no affect on bone structure.

Hi Rapid! If you don't mind, can you share your post op experience on acculift and buccal fat removal? I'm confused which procedures to go for and the online consultations vary from each clinic. Some suggested V lines, some mentioned facial fat removal and one actually said I needed fat graft to make my face more 3 dimensional! LOL! I'm pretty sure I want to remove fat from my face but at the same time I'm worried about excess skin/sagging.

Hi plasticsecret!

LOL Someone mentioned 3 dimensional to me too and it confused me at first but I later understood that it means contouring the face from all 3 dimensions I think. Anyhow I shared my entire experience here. I had a soft tissue problem where I looked like I had something stuck on one side of my mouth and that entire cheek also appeared larger and fuller than the left.

The protrusion on the side of my mouth was the buccal fat pad and the doctor mentioned that it was the lower side of it, full excision may cause an undesirable gaunt appearance so they only had it partially removed. As of today, that area looks normal and the bump has disappeared completely, there's nothing protruding anymore but it's important to note that I still have some swelling left and things may look different later.

The laser lipo or acculift was used to remove excess fat from the larger side and that decreased it quite a bit, it's now almost the same size as my left side. They also used it around my jawline and I love what I'm seeing but again, I'm still swollen so this may not be the case later which is why I'll continue to update as things progress.

I hope that helps and if there's anything else I'd be happy to answer your questions. :smile:

Thanks! Just read your post and it's SO informative! So glad that you're loving your results :smile: Please keep us updated!

I actually asked a korean surgeon the same question LOL. In the case of acculift, it is impossible to use the fat for grafting purposes because it's been "melted" by the laser. Fat grafting requires delicate extraction from the donor site as the cells easily die along the way. In other words, it needs to be of good quality for it to survive well after grafting. The best quality fat is extracted from the thigh/abdomen, and that is why even in the case of traditional chin lipo, doctors won't use the fat for grafting purposes. Hope that helps.

• 2 months later...
There shouldn't be any saggy as I believe this helps prevent saggy, a complaint in the past when girls have had jaw surgery. This was very off putting for me to finally have an oval face but with sagging. I believe the heat from the probe(?) shrinks the skin at the same time and promotes collagen production. I may be wrong - but definitely getting it.

hrm the only concern of mine is that from what i hear from western surgeons is that the tightening effect is only temporary due to the heat and swelling. Once that is gone it reverts back to the original form and if too much fat is removed it will sag. According to them there is yet any true skin tightening laser lipo type technology.

However the korean surgeons swear by it. OMG WHO TO BELIEVE!