BeautyHacker

Acculift Skin Tightening? Anyone had this procedure done?

Hello Rapid,

I have just had a mid face lift done as well and same incisions as yours. I am a week post op but the stitches are still on and I am experiencing major swelling although the nurse said I'm healing well. May I ask where you have done it and how much please?

Thank you so much for sharing your info. I'm gathering information for my friends.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, do you mind sharing where you got acculift done at? :smile:

Does anyone know about Metop plastic surgery? They seem to specialize in acculift. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post links here, but check out the naver blog

blog (dot) naver (dot) com / hanyumo

Our conversation had major influence on my decision and I thank you for that, I researched acculift quite a bit before deciding on it and have read the concerns and questions brought up at realself.com so I knew what to expect and still wanted it done cause I needed to reduce the volume of the lower area and this seemed like the perfect solution.

I chose Banobagi and had mandible reduction (including the masseter muscle), acculift, PRP, and partial buccal lipectomy where only the lower part of the buccal fat pad was reduced, the doctor was against removing it entirely.

So far swelling have gone down considerably and it's only been 5 days, there's little to no swelling around the mouth area and whatever's left is mainly located underneath my chin and around the back sides of my jaw. No sagging yet, still a little early to tell but I'll keep you posted :smile:

Hi, I had it done at Banobagi with Dr. O. He's a wonderful doctor and I'll write a detailed review once my results are more obvious :smile:

Hi Snooker!

The total cost was $12000. I have an appointment soon to remove my stitches and will be getting the clinic's post op swelling care which includes a massage and UV heat treatment. I still have some swelling left so I'll let you know if there's any significant change after I'm done.

Would love to know more about the type of procedure you had if you don't mind, was it a thread lift?

oh how exciting i hope once the swelling goes down it looks great. how was patient aftercare there? Do keep us updated :smile:

i was unaware that they now have a method of partially removing the buccal fat pads. Back when i did a few years ago they couldnt control how much was removed as i mentioned to u. Well heal well and me know how it goes. Take some zinc and vitamin c supplements if you haven't already to minimize any internal or external scarring and promote faster healing :smile:

it has a very little minimum of tightening / lifting effect~ but it's very effective for removing fat around your face area. So if your point is to remove the fat that it's worth to take the chance, if your main reason on getting the surgery is to have a lifting effect, then you better do some other lifting like thread lift, ez lift, etc.

my issue is i need both lol. my mid face has too much soft tissue due to a mid face lift bring the tissue from the sides to the front. but if you remove too much of the soft tissue there it will start to sag as Im experiencing slight sagging on the right mid cheek. and i dont think an actual lift wil be good again since it was what caused the volume in the mid face

I balanced out the sagging parts with fat grafting. you can discuss with your doctor, where and which part can be fat grafted before any thread or skin lift. the doctor need to study carefully which area needs fat and which area need fat removal/thread lift. it is a multiple step process I realized. Cant do it all in one go, you will end up over doing one more than the other. hope this helps.
Important to find a good doctor who listen and suggest, then you think about it and have the time to come back for revision. remember don't let the consultant rush you into signing up paying for more than you need. you only have one face.

yeah i always ignore what the consultants say. I think the biggest problem with my situation is that the exact same area that has too much volume is also the area that will sag once the volume has been removed. its happened once already :S I wonder if there's a way to physically excise the sagging skin internally....

I'd got your point! good point.

I guess I am trying to say one feature one procedure at a time. Safer in the longer run.

I looked @ Arbnb and not too impressed. Either too small or $$$$... GRRR ..... I think if anyone travel with another person then there is a better chance to get a decent room . Will PM you if I found something good