BeautyHacker

Reason for Plastic Surgery

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The test was designed by a taiwanese psychologist. They didn't discuss it very much in depth. From what I remember:

A- it is objectively the most "beautiful" and symmetrical. thus it will reflect the heart's desire for idealistic perfection.

B- it is a meadow with step towards the endlessness. this symbolizes the want to accomplish something in life.

C- the hot air balloon represents how the heart wants to be lifted from stress and pressure.

D- the sun exudes a ray of confidence, which may be what the person lacks (and wants).

I picked A. Interesting, because I have been sort of an overachieving-type perfectionist most of my life. It's only in the last year or so that I've "taught" myself to not be obsessive about perfection.

I did have revision surgery, but not really by choice. My original surgery left thick scars AND the creases disappeared in less than a year. My revision doctor was very stubborn, did not listen to my concerns, and chose not fix my ptosis on my right eye, so I fear that I may have to do that in my 30s at some point. Not really looking forward to it... If I can hold out until my 40s, I will!

Haha, I am a perfectionist too, just not "overachieving" like you, more like "depressive" because I cannot get what I want.

I see.. that is strange. So he corrected ptosis on the left eye but not the right eye? Seems weird to me why he wouldn't correct it..

yeah the risk is too high. trembling hands can't get to 100% haha. have to be realistic :smile: we'll need futuristic machines to get to 100%... maybe we can take pills to live longer until they have those machines! hahaha

No, she corrected neither. My left eye was fine as it was -- it did not have ptosis. Only my right eye did.

Honestly, no I doubt I ever would have. I put it off for years because I thought it was vain, my friends & family all got mad & judged me when I mentioned it. I thought if I got it done people would consider me superficial and fake. Some people probably do, but every time I looked at myself I scowled & I felt like it wasn't what I was supposed to look like. Eventually I just went ahead & did it, and after I got it done I realized that it was not at all the big deal I had made it out to be, and it made me feel so good. I was uncomfortable for a few days after surgery, but I've been happy about the results ever since. Now I feel much more comfortable with the idea of PS because it makes me feel like I have some control over my appearance.

That's so interesting. I know how you feel about the skinny part, I always thought i don't want BAd but i have been considering it a little bit bc whenever i get skinny (and i have been really skinny) they really get smaller and then i wonder if i need it... otherwise we are very different. i can't even remember how i looked like as a child, i have changed so much... my goal is not to change back but to change into something prettier :smile:*makeup and hair can only do so much, next step:*PS! wooo!*:smile: i'm glad you got PS to get what you want, it's so sad how your family judged you :sad: you shouldn't let other people affect your decisions and make you unhappy simply out of anger, even if they are your family...

• 4 weeks later...