BeautyHacker

Double Eyelid Surgery, Epi, Lateral - Master Thread

Hey girl! I'm actually in the same position as you and have been lurking for awhile. I will finally be getting DES but won't be leaving until next week. How long are you there for and have you done your consultations yet?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Email add : [email protected], kakao : april31, tel : +62-2-5406777.

Please let me know your consultation as I am also keen on brow lift.

U know korean, there's a lot of promotions for locals in korean, perhaps u can also use some of these brochures to ask for further discounts

Hey :smile: When are you getting it done? What kind (semi, incisional, etc)?
I booked a few consultations next Monday and Tuesday at:
The Line
Teuim
Banobagi (Dr Joung doesn't work here anymore?)
Opera
ASPS

I also called Bando Eye but I found their receptionist really unfriendly - maybe she was just having a bad day but I'm really looking for a place I feel comfortable and "safe" even if it's just for eyelid surgery, which supposedly is like getting a cavity fixed here. So might not even bother going there.

I have to leave Korea by mid-May so planning on picking a place this week and getting it done ASAP so I have enough time to recover and stuff.

Where are you staying?

I do know Korean, but I can't really figure out the internet here. That sounds weird, but you know, on English forums and stuff, I have enough understanding of how things work to be able to spot promotional posters and stuff but on Naver, I can't really tell whether any of the recommendations are for real or they're being paid to endorse a particular clinic.

As for promotions, I totally go for those when it's like a laser anti-aging thing but NOT for surgery. There are places that are having special events for double eyelid surgery but I'd rather pay extra to have surgery done by someone I trust and is damn good at it than someone who's giving out coupons and doing hundreds a day, you know? :smile:

I think the only benefit to speaking Korean - and having a haggling expert for a mom - is that I'll probably get quoted decent prices. But who knows? We'll see - I'll post up prices and such after my consults on Monday and Tuesday.

I'm pretty set on incisional and epi, yourself? Oh darn I'm having consultations the Monday after that :sad: I was hoping to combine them like you said for a better price! I want to have my surgery the day after, on Tuesday. As for where I'm staying, I haven't booked a place yet, but probably a hotel close by to the clinics. Are you staying with family? :smile:
Did you reach opera by email by any chance? I've tried an email I got off the forum but they haven't replied to me in over a week.

I consulted at BK awhile back and the doc told me I'd need to do partial or non-incision (don't remember) as well as ptosis levator muscle surgery - and I'd need to do both eyes even though my left one is perfectly fine as is.

So glad I didn't get it done there. Had consultations today at:
Banobagi
The Line
ASPS

And they all told me I can do just one eye and do non-incisional. So yay!
From the experience today, I like Banobagi the best - they've got their sh*t together and the doc was friendly, helpful and didn't seem like he was in a mad rush. They also quotes the best price - around $500 for one eye.

ASPS was okay but their docs were all busy so they asked me to wait another 30-40 minutes to consult with a doc - I left. That's not cool, I had an appt.

The Line was similar - it took me about an hour or waiting time to speak to both the doc and the manager. And they said it'd be around $600 - $800 for just one eye.

Opera's easy to reach, just call their number (02-564-4300). Even if you don't speak Korean, they'll prob be able to make an appt for you.

Yea, I'm staying with family but staying in the gangnam/sinsa area would be great - all the clinics are so close to each other. Plus, there's good shopping there.

Tmrw, I'm going to see Opera, Bando and Teuim (Teuim's the only one that charges a consultation fee) and then decide by Wednesday where I'll do it...might get fat injection in my face as well and try to get a better price - has anyone done this?

Are you in Korea, btw? Why are you waiting 'til next week for the consults?

Please update about your visit with Teium and if possible, please also let me know about the quotes! At least I know how much more I am paying for even if I am paying for "foreigner pricing"... The two clinics I am considering for now is Teium and Banobagi! Will be flying in end-May for the ops (hopefully, since I will be there for a month-ish anyway)

I wasn't able to get work off until then unfortunately. I won't be in Korea until probably Saturday night and all the clinics are closed on Sunday, so my consults will have to be on Monday. Banobagi was one I really wanted to consult with but they never replied to my email! How on earth did you manage to get the pricing so cheap, even for just one eye?! Was it one eye non incisional with ptosis Did you speak to them in Korean perhaps? In the emails I was quoted way above that, 3-4 mil.

xx not allowed

Banobagi was efficient...and they had the best coffee in the waiting room out of all the ones I visited that day (weird, but small things, right?)

3 -4 mil? For what? I guess there really is "foreigner pricing" although I'm surprised it'd make that big of a difference...

Mine is really affordable, but it's also a small surgery (just non-incisicion, "aka 'maemol' on one eye) so the price seems right. I also speak fluent Korean so that can help.

I totally skipped Bando today - which is fine 'cause I might just go with banobagi anyway.

But correction on the price I got from The Line - it's $800-ish for both eyes, non-incisional. So far the best price and the head doctor seemed honest/not money-motivated (he actually recommended I don't do anything to my eyes at all) but I preferred the atmosphere at banobagi overall.