BeautyHacker

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh wow ! goodluck i hope you get it, im so curious on the outcome :smile:
i would really love to see the process and reviews if you get chosen hehehe

• 1 month later...
Finally returned to Korea to finish getting work done. I went to DA in late August for revision nose surgery and facial contour (sliding genioplasty, removal of chin implant).

Planning everything with the English consultant Sky was great, always quick with replying back to me and providing info for any question I asked. There's another English consultant Sarah who helps out when you're there too. Loved them both!

I met with Dr. Ahn first for my nose. The issue with my nose was that the tip was droopy (I had tip-plasty previously) and the bridge area was crooked. I had no previous bridge work before it was just like that, but we discovered that my septal cartilage was pretty damaged. I did knee myself in the face a few months ago was a trampoline so...:shocked: I also had a tiny hump on my bridge which I wanted smoothed out. I really liked how detailed his explanations were, he touched my nose and took time to listen to what I wanted and then explained everything fully. Also, liked that he was realistic when explaining the results, bridge area wouldn't be 100% perfectly straight (which I didn't mind anyway since that tends to look a bit unnatural, and I'm going for more subtle results) currently 20 days post-op and yes not perfectly straight but it's a big improvement from before.

Next was Dr. Lee for my chin. My chin implant came out looking a bit too pointy, and my chin area in general was asymmetrical. He explained that he would remove the chin implant, remove excess bone?? from one side so it's even. I honestly can't remember the exact explanation given to make both sides more symmetrical but he did that along with the sliding genioplasty! I'm super glad he was my Dr really happy with the results so far.

I think I underestimated the recovery process, since my first surgeries weren't that big a deal. Individually it would have been easy I think, but together? Doing facial contouring and nose at the same time to be blunt...will **** you up :lol: Day 1-3 post-op was the absolute worst. Nose was completely blocked up, and my throat was really sore and also blocked a bit. Don't think I even slept for the first night cause I couldn't breathe. My lips were so swollen too it was a chore to drink water and attempt to eat pumpkin porridge. Speaking of pumpkin porridge I think pumpkin might be forever ruined for me, had a pumpkin spice frapp the other day and my mind kept going back to the porridge...

As each day passed things became more bearable and the swelling started to reduce. Around day 6-7 I was able to eat more "normally". I'm happy that there weren't any complications.

Mentioned earlier I'm 20 days post-op and my chin area is still a bit numb/awkward feeling, along with my nose. Excited to see how everything heals

thanks for the great review! been hearing great things about DA lately.
im really considering this clinic in the near future :smile:
how was the after care service? ive seen some clinics with bad after reviews

pretty good, I had three after care sessions in total.
first was 2 days post-op, the gauze covering the bottom of my nose was removed and they cleaned up the area a bit then added a fresh gauze.

second one was 7 days post-op. one of the staff washed my hair and then stuffing inside my nose was removed as well as some of the stitches. bandage on my chin was also removed. Dr. Ahn came in for a quick look at my nose

final one was the day before i left 13 days post-op. last stitches were removed, met with both Dr. Ahn and Lee and got a de-swelling treatment.

@carlabell yes a lot of swelling, it went down pretty fast considering how much i had. i guess it was all the pumpkin porridge :sick:

in terms of everyday life i guess i could say i'm back to normal, sometimes it feels a little awkward since parts of my chin and nose are still numb but it isn't really a big deal. when i'm at work/out i barely even notice it. the past 2 weeks my nose was really dry actually, i had to be diligent with moisture cause it looked pretty bad but it's fine now.

Thank you for sharing your experiences!

thank you for sharing your experience and real review.
Actually, I am gonna have breast augmentation in Korea in few months. Maybe it will be October.
I have some desired list of hospital in my mind.
DA, regen and view are on my list.
You guys know about their breast augmentation?
I know all of them(DA, regen and view) appeared on Let Me In.
Hopely I can choose right hospital and surgeon.

If u know about breast augmentation in my desired hospital list, let's share it!

there is a thread about DA clinic by tinzy
she talks about her experience there, she did breast augmentation and more maybe you should reas that :smile:

• 2 weeks later...
How's your nose from Dr Ahn looking?

DA is near the top of my list for eyes + nose, but I keep hearing mixed reviews (especially about their nose surgeon Dr Ahn)

So just wondering how yours is coming along and if you're liking the results :smile: xx

• 2 months later...