BeautyHacker

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My surgery is tomorrow!!!!!! Yikes!!!!! I had consultation with Dr. Lee and he was very calm and knowledgable. He told me politely what can and can't be done. He told me about assymetry being hard to correct as it depends on skull shape etc. I did a lot of negotiating and did get it to a reasonable price (and I do mean ALOT of negotiating). My surgery is tomorrow morning so wish me luck!!!! I'm eating whatever I like now as I have 30 mins before fasting starts.

what surgeries are you doing tomorrow starlight123?
do you mind telling how much did you paid for?
anyways, good luck on your surgeries :smile:

Ok, so I want to give a very honest review of my surgery at Daprs. Overall it has been a good experience (although I can't fully comment on the results as I am only 4 days post op). I don't know if I am allowed to mention price publicly but if you are interested I can tell you privately. It included other things though. I had temple augmetation before zygoma reduction because I wanted to make the big zygoma not as obvious. So I wanted to get them removed during the surgery. This was included in the price that I had bargained it down to. My consultation with Dr Lee was good. He seemed to be a very kind and gentle man and I did feel immediately that I could trust him to do a good job. He does understand English but I think he is shy about speaking it so Katie translated everything. Katie is a lovely girl who was with me through it all. I told her I was shocked at how nice Dr Lee was, as so often, Korean surgeons in particularly can be arrogant and not the friendliest. Katie told me that usually he isn't as smiley as this, but perhaps he just liked me as a person. She also told me that he was in his forties. Which I was absolutely shocked about because he has no wrinkles and amazing skin. Obviously looks after himself well. Unlike the surgeon with *** breath and clothes which stank of smoke I previously had for a procedure at Grand.

When I woke up from anaesthetic they told me they could not find any implant in the skull. I had assured them I had paid for silicone temple implants so there must be implants in there. I was absolutely devastated after hearing that they hadn't removed it. But then Katie went to get Dr Lee and he explained that no implants showed up on the x ray and he didn't find any when he was in there. He said if I wanted he could go back in for another look, but suggested first email previous surgeon who had put in the implants and confirm they are there.

I knew is had something in there because my face was much wider after that operation. Later I got the email back from the surgeon and he gave me instructions on how to find them. I went back the day after and Dr Lee had another look but this time only under deep sedation, not GA. It turns out that it was not silicone, it was bone cement which the previous surgeon had put in to my skull. This is why it didn't show on the xray and Dr Lee couldn't find it at first (as this type of material just looks like normal bone). This is even harder to get out than just normal silicone implants. I was so annoyed that the previous surgeon had lied to me and told me he was putting in silicone implants when actually he only used bone cement. But I am very grateful to Dr Lee for trying so hard going in for a second look and for removing as much as he could of it.

After waking up from the zygoma surgery there was a very nice English speaking nurse. As lovely as she was, I was a bit concerned when she told me she was a beginner. I had to ask myself if I could have a ice pack for my face because I knew it was necessary immediately post op. She didn't know too much. Katie seemed to know more. Luckily both of them were always nearby.

Now I am very swollen still but I keep getting glances at my zygoma and it's looking good. Obviously my temples are VERY swollen right now because they went in twice on two days, but hopefully it will go down in the next few days. I had a check up yesterday and they removed my drains from the scalp incision. They also said I could have a laser treatment. The laser treatment here is not like that I had in other Korean PS clinics, which may also include a slight facial. Here I was just told to stay under the red light until it went off. Nothing special. Overall I am very happy so far with my operation and do feel that Dr Lee has done all he could to try and ensure I get the result I want. I won't comment on the results or give pics at this stage as I don't want I do any of that until all the swelling has gone down but I did want to give a brief accoun I my experience there. The clinic wasn't too busy when I was there. It doesn't seem like a massive clinic. Only occupy on three floors of a high rise. But it has a nice atmosphere. Perhaps not as regimented as other clinics I have been in (I often saw the doctors using same toilets as the patients etc, and walking about with sucking from straws of their drinks), but this doesn't matter to me as long as the results will be good.

--When your consultation with Dr. before surgery the x-ray didn't show them or something abnormal at your temple?? why he just tell that couldn't find them in your skull after surgery?

No, bone cement doesn't show any irregularities on X-rays. It blends in as normal bone so very hard to find.

I was really considering daprs but now I'm hesitant because of all mixed reviews...
I am considering BA and v-line surgery and maybe zygoma, not sure if I need it. Anyone who's heard of Korean reviews about daprs? I really suck at finding Korean reviews so I don't seem to find any 😁😅

I can't say anything about the BA but for FC I can honestly highly recommend Dr Lee. As I read before, someone else said you know if you go to him you can guarantee he knows what he is doing, and I totally agree with them. I haven't had amazing experiences with other Korean doctors (due to a poor two jaw surgery done in another clinic), but at this moment I can only say good things about the clinic. When I said they aren't as fancy as other clinics I mean they don't have the free facial cleansing treatment, or a person who massages your face with a laser herself, which some other clinics I have been to have had (here you just get a laser treatment which consists of lying under the laser light on your own for about 20 minutes), but I guess all that stuff is just extra gimmicky stuff which is done to make you feel like you are in luxury. All the staff at Daprs have been lovely to me and especially Katie, the translator (and I presume also her job title is international patient coordinator) who has been with me through it all. She has been so helpful and kind to me. Even one morning I arrived unexpected at the clinic because I wanted to ask if they could make my bandage less tight as it was rubbing on my scalp incision, there was no staff who could speak English around as it was 5am and they called Katie and she came down from upstairs where she was sleeping.

As I mentioned before, it is too early to say how happy I am with the results but from what I can see under the swelling it looks like he has done a really good job. I am glad I chose Daprs over the other clinic I was considering and feel Overall I have had a very good experience.

I won't be posting much more on here because I need to forget this time in my life and move on, but I hope my review helps others because I spent about 1-2 years researching clinics before settling on this one. I know how frustrating it can be to find a proper REAL review of a clinic. There is just too many clinics to choose from, and so many fakers who just do publicity for the clinic, but in the end you just have to go with your gut, choose one and stick to the one you chose. Good luck to all those others who are going through this too. :smile:

Oh thank you for sharing your experience! I will definitely visit daprs when I'm in Korea. And yeah it seems like Dr Lee is very skilled. I'm glad to hear that your experience with daprs went well, it really makes me want to do more research on them ^^
And I get what you mean by moving on from posting on PF. I also feel like when I don't have any surgeries left to do, I will probably leave the forum as well. But thank you so so much for posting your experience here, it's so helpful since there are not that many English reviews on Korean clinics.

Glad I was able to help some people. I forgot to edit my post. I wrote that before and then sent it without editing out the bit about the facial treatments. I was pleasantly surprised to receive a facial treatment before my last two laser treatments. On my last two days in Korea. I guess they don't do the facial cleansing for you on the first week after surgery. i was a bit disappointed at first because I thought Daprs just don't give free facial cleansing treatments, but they did, they were saving it until my last two visits hehe.

I'm considering getting V-Line and eye surgery but I'm not sure how much it would cost at DAPRS. I really don't need the exact cost or anything but does anyone know how much american dollars I should be bringing overall?