BeautyHacker

I know this is a really bad question to ask but what which hospitals would u reccomend?

I know the line, dapsr, tlps, regen, the face and everm are reputable would there be any others you would consider??

Thanks

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everm doesnt do chin implant they recommend genioplasty instead.

I had my chin implant done in Taiwan at Wish Clinic.

But I had it removed and got Vline done instead at TLPS. I can reccomend both clinics.

I had no problems with my chin implant I just decided to go for a different look.

Chin implant gave me the exact shape I wanted for my chin and corrected the bluntness of my jaw line BUT because it is an implant it also added a slight bulkiness to my jawline, especially when i smiled. It also caused the lines around my face when i smiled to pull a little differently.

After 7 years since my chin implant surgery, the techniques in genioplasty and vline were so much more advanced that they could give me the face shape I wanted without an implant (and without the bulkiness and changes to my smile)

So now I got the perfect chin I wanted AND I have my original smile back:smile:

However, there was nothing actually *wrong* with my chin implant in medical terms. I'm just a bit of a perfectionist and wanted the best of both worlds (dream chin + dream smile).

Thanks for the info! Was the process of inserting the implant painful? How about genioplasty?

Implant surgery is not painful at all. depending on how they do the operation though you may have stitches in your mouth for a few weeks (if the incision is intra-oral). Otherwise they go under the chin and you are left with an external scar.

Because I had my chin implant removed at the same time as my Vline surgery the recovery has taken much longer.

However I had a Medpor implant placed and Medpor fuses with your own skin tissue (because that way there is less risk of it moving) BuT the downside is it is much harder to remove Medpor. Because the implant had fused with my tissue they had to cut it out of the tissue

I had the sides of my jaw shaved to make more of a V shape. No screws etc were placed so it won't show up in an X-ray or interfere with MRI

Is medpor the same as goretex? I did my research and feel more comfortable with silicone instead of goretex (and one of the reasons is that it is hard to remove). I also prefer extraoral incision. However can we actually choose which material and method of incision in korea? I understand that external incision and silicone are more popular among plastic surgeons in states.

No - Medpor is more rigid than goretex and therefore less likely to shift.

I didn't get mine done in Korea so I don't know whether you can choose the material. I know most asian doctors prefer intraoral incision whereas US doctors prefer extraoral. I've had three surgeries via intraoral and never had a problem. If you have a decent surgeon, it's definitely the way to go. That scar would not be invisible if you are stuffing an implant through it.

I would also be really cautious about silicone too - the main problem with it (apart from infection) is that it can shift if it's not screwed in place. Seeing as your chin is something you bump and touch a lot (tossing in bed, during exercise etc) I would be very careful about going down that route.

How do u choose the shape of the implant?
I read somewhere that silicone does not move easily though, so your recommendation would be medpor then?

You don't - the doctor does. That's why its so important to go to someone with a good sense of artistic ability.

Honestly I don't recommend an implant.

Even though the recovery for genioplasty or T-osteotomy is longer, the results are far, far superior in my experience.

No pain, no gain though, right?!

Plus the surgeons in Korea are very experienced in these surgeries.

If you absolutely have to go down the implant route, Medpor or goretex would be preferable to silicon even though they are harder to remove, it's not impossible. You just need a good doctor to do it.

Alrite.. i have grasped all the important points :smile: thanks a lot! anyway, do u know which clinics or doctors that are good with chin implant in korea? Should i find doctors who specialize in facial contouring to do chin implant? So far i am interested in april31 and dream.