BeautyHacker

Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea ***read 1st post before posting***

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 month post op

Breast augmentation
Pre op, I was a 32b but post op I found out that Im a 32ddd.OMG triple d's lol. It sounds huge but it's perfect for my body frame. My shirts fill out a lot better and the best part is i'm finally done with the surgical bra. I do understand why I had to wear it though beause post op my implants were so high they looked ridiculous. But now, I think im in love because they look sooo natural and I get so many compliments. Btw it is obvious that I had my breasts done because there is a major difference. 375's made a major difference in my up size. When I had my BRA fitting the clerk kept commenting on how pretty and perky they look and she told me that every woman dreams of having my chest size, I didn't tel he I have implants though. She couldnt tell.

Fat graft
It still looks great and I hope the fat lats for years but I do not want to do a touch up

Lip reduction

I can feel that my lips are thinner when I lick them lol. I find myself licking my lips all the time now,thats my way of admiring how much thinner they have gotten. I also find myself staring at my lips in the mirror a lot because I cannot believe how much smaller they are now compared to how they were before. Between the 2 jaw and lip reduction,my lips look a lot . I will be returning to Korea to have the upper lips reduced a bit more towards the middle but I am satisfied with the decision I made to do it in the first place

Rhinoplasty

My 1 week and 2 week post op reviews were of me being extremely happy and saying tht I was loving my nose.That was because I was in Korea and I didn't get a chance to see my family and friends yet. Well. since being home I like it a lot less and I mean a lot. I feel like I look less black(ethnic). The sad part is that the same surgeon that did my breasts also did my nose.Now here's the kicker, ive gotten so many compliments on my nos and a lot people are asking me where I got it done because they want it too. Some say it looks perfect and yada yada yada but I feel now like it looks too upturned,too asian
now that is great for an Asian only im not asian, I think its my fault too why my nose turned out upturned because I specifically told the doctor that I want an upturned cute nose like Geum Jan DI. Now im feeling like a complete idiot because I should've said I want halle Berry's nose. I beat myself up about it everyday. I cannot wait for 5 more months so I can finally get a revision. I may go back to DAPRS or I may go elsewhere but I cannot live with this nose for the rest of my life. I like the silicone implant and I like that my doc shaved the sides of my nose to make it narrower,it is just the tip that bothers me. It is upturned like a pig's nose so you can see right up inside my nostrils. I swear I can count all my nose hairs if I stared in the mirror enough. Sorry if Im ranting but I had to get this out. I cannot wait to revise the tip and make it a lil longer so you cant see inside my nose and also I want to revise my alarplasty to make my nostrils more elliptical shaped and a lil larger, I regret the alarplasty too.

Listen to me anyone thinking of getting a nose job. Make sure to research the hell out of what shape and size you want your nose to be. Just because a nose looks nice on someone else does not mean it will look nice on you. I had to learn that the hard way. I did very little research on the kind of nose I wanted and now i'm paying for it. I did more research my first time around when I started my ps journey. Please do not make the same mistake I did. Photoshop your nose if you have to and show your surgeon. That really is the best thing and please choose a nose that is suitable for your race. Right now I have the nose that ID calls the barbie line nose and Pitangui has this black girl on their website that has the same nose I do. I loved it before but I hate it on me. Please please please do your research to avoid the heartache

Sorry It wouldn't let me PM to you, because it said you have chosen not to receive PMs or might not be allowed to apparently..
I get the same way when waiting for a reply don't worry, haha. When I did the online consult with Banobagi it took them nearly two weeks to reply D: They had heaps of them to reply to but I checked nearly everyday when the other ones around mine got answered..mine was last! Haha.. I will like to hear SMPS’s response, thanks for choosing to share it :smile: What sort of time difference do you have with Korea? I feel lucky cause it's only an hour behind me (AEST)..
Yes I agree with you, it IS like they think your not smart enough and it is very patronizing and insulting. I bet they'd love it like we were like that though, no difficult questions and no revealing information that might put the patient off surgery.

Anyway, I plan on traveling to Korea either end of next year or the year after that..but it mostly depends on my finances..Oh..and I plan to get facial contouring (like you) and possibly zygoma reduction surgeries (I wrote more information them and the responses and quotes I got from Banobagi in the thread ‘Costs of clinics in Korea’ (or something similar) recently if you are interested (Even though you aren't planning to go to Banobagi..It just has some interesting info from the consultant, well I think anyway haha)..
When are you thinking of going and is facial contouring the only procedure you plan to get?
Hope you have a nice day~ (and SMPS gets back to you quickly haha) :smile:

Oh, Makeover, that sounds really upsetting! Going for a revision is always something we all wanna avoid. :sad: I had a look on Pitangui's website and saw the girl you referred to. I think the nose looks really nice on her (but yes, it did make her seem less... like her ethnicity?) Hopefully things will work out the way you want them to the second time, I'll be crossing my fingers! Make sure you give your body a well deserved break though! :smile:

Now you've made me realise how important it is to do research. And also the importance of not choosing a feature because it looks good on someone else. I'm always looking at kpop/jpop celebs and going "Maybe i'll ask my doc for their eyes/nose"....

I asked a ton both over email and in person! I also avoided putting down a deposit and made sure to be there for extra days so that I could consult in person with 6 clinics and book there. My decision and impressions of each dr changed a lot in person. ..so the in person consults are very important! Most of the time via email it's the consultant answering not the dr. Be careful!

I think there has been a recent trend with Korean clinics to put other ethnicity people (than Korean) on their website. I remember when Pitangui just was solely Korean models so it surprised me when you said about the African woman. I saw the same when I was looking on Wonjin the other day and it surprised me cause they used to be the same. I think its good though :smile:
I agree, her nose does look pretty good on her but it does make her look a bit...idk odd? She looks kinda plastic in the after pictures as well, however.
I think looking at Kpop idols is a good idea, as long as you don't get addicted like Park Bom haha (I think she's pretty though) Apparently, lots of Koreans take their favourite idol to the surgeons as a guide so surgeons would probably be used to it :smile:

Yeah, the girl in the Pitangui pics looks really pretty in her afters but it's a shame she lost all of her distinctiveness in her features she had before =\ It is good to see clinics finally recognise the helpfulness of having different ethnicities model for their sites too because it allows non-Asian people to visualise what kind of results they may expect.

Park Bom used to be pretty during her group's debut (and her solo You and I... ugh she was gorgeous!) but oh god she just looks a mess now tbh. I wanna punch whoever is her surgeon for a) doing such a bad job and b) not stopping her from going overboard.

Speaking of kpop idols. Goo Hara and Yura (Girl's Day) are so pretty. Hara actually admitted to getting her nose and eyes done too so THERE IS HOPE :biggrin: I also kinda like all of the Nine Muses ladies as they are so elegant. Hard to find among all the cutesy types in kpop.

But realistically speaking, I think I should show the doc a pic of Lim Kim because her features are already similar to mine, but a lot prettier... :P

I know! It's so fluffy and adorable *sheds a tear* It makes me feel all warm inside when I look at it haha

hey there, I just wanted to say that a lot of people find their nose too piggy-ish after a rhinoplasty. Usually, the tip drops a little as the swelling goes down. I'm not sure how many months post-op you are but you might find out that the nose ends up looking great once it settles?

Hi Susaki!

I've booked my flights, will be arriving Nov 2! Extremely nervous and having seconds thoughts.

My clinic is in the Apgujeong area. I'm thinking of hiring Seoul Touch up just for assistance in transportation and a couple days after surgery.

Are you going to be with someone that speaks Korean?

I actually managed to get around OK without a translator despite speaking zero Korean. The subways all have English in them. One thing that might be helpful for you is to learn the Korean alphabet before going (only 20 characters)... that way, you'll have an easier time finding restaurants and buildings that don't have English signs if you can read (even if you have no idea what it means, it helps a bit). I also recommend renting a wifi egg (you can get them at the airport for around $8 a day) so that you can rely on GPS (Google, Daum, and Naver Maps). Hope this helps!

I don't think you need to hire Seoul Touch up. We can meet up, i will stay till 16 Nov.
And i did know basic korean, and i have korean frds will accompany me

Hi sundiallove,

I will be there from 20 Oct to 1 Nov..Pls kakao me to meet up. My ID is daytona289

I agree about the Pitangui girl, I wonder if she wanted to go for that look :/? I think our racial distinctiveness is what makes us unique and beautiful :smile: also I think that's an excellent idea if they are doing it for non-Koreans/Asians to visualize their look, it's a really good idea cause it does make it easier for everyone now haha (mostly :smile:).

Park Bom has always been naturally beautiful and especially during the years during and shortly after 2Ne1’s debut~ I agree she looks just too..um..and pretty plastic now. I think she has had like 4~5 eye surgeries and a couple of nose jobs too. Her surgeon is really irresponsible for continuing to ruin her natural looks and quash them into oblivion, and also to agree to continue to do it and not get her help. Surely the rest of 2NE1 is worried about her? And YG? Idk I feel really sad for her and really concerned..please get help if you have an addiction (which looks like you do) Bommie!

I love both Goo Hara and Yura. Goo Hara has very unique looks, I think it is something to do with her eyes? She is very pretty and she has an amazing body too haha :biggrin: and I love her hair in their new mv.. Yura is also very pretty, she is very elegant and sweet looking and I love her hair wavy with a fringe :3 Hara said she already had double eyelids before hand but they weren't that obvious, so did Krystal Jung apparently..I think a lot of idols have had either eyes or nose or both, but they don't admit to it and its good when someone like Hara is honest about it :smile: I like Nine Muses too they are feminine and attractive but not too ulzzang or cutesy like some Kpop Groups like you said. A lot of groups are changing or evolving from cutesy though, like T-ara and SNSD, and that's better but for some reason some are either choosing to be cutesy (which I'm not that a fan of) like Orange Caramel and Crayon Pop (which I don't really find that good, but their videos are fun at least?) or they are becoming really over sexualised like Stellar or 4Minute..Idk..there's too many idols and groups ;-;

Lim Kim is very beautiful and her vocals are so unique and amazing~ That's so cool you've got similar features so that's a good idea to show the doc her :smile:

I want a bunny like that..it makes me feel so happy too~ the super cute creature~