BeautyHacker

Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea ***read 1st post before posting***

Hi there. I just had surgery at dream and wrote review. let me know if you have any questions

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, I just wanted to give you guys an update on my double eyelid experience.

I had non-incisional with ptosis correction and medial epi done back in December of 2014 with Dr. Hwang and since it's been over seven months, I thought I'd drop in and share my experience.

Firstly, anyone who says you won't scar is lying to you. You're cutting your skin and stitching it back together. Of course you'll scar. How quickly those scars fade will depend on how quickly you heal and how neatly your skin is stitched up.

Secondly, you'll be noticeably swollen, even after two weeks. That can't be helped. Healing will again depend on your body--but hopefully your surgeon tried to do minimum trauma to your eyes.

When I first had ptosis, I felt a tightness around my eyes, but these days, I don't really feel anything unless I'm consciously thinking about it as I move my eyes as far as possible.

The fold decreased a lot since December and is looking a lot more natural. I started with uneven eyes where my left eye is higher than my right one, but I think Dr. Hwang did a good job evening them out.

When I close my eyes, you can't really tell I got anything done--but again, it was nonincisional so I guess that was to be expected.

What's changed after surgery: I feel more confident about my appearance. Which is funny since most of my nonasian friends can't tell I had anything done. I had to relearn how to draw my eyeliner since I'm no longer a monolid. Also, since my skin doesn't fold over my lashline, my eye lashes look sooo much longer.

Overall, I'm really happy with the results. I wish I'd done this back in 2012 instead of my failed rhino. haha.

One other thing, changing your eyes will greatly impact your appearance, but not as much as the ps makeover photos you see at clinics. If you only get your eyes done, don't expect dramatic changes. It's going to be your face (the one you've seen since forever) with different eyes. It's weird. DES makes a huge difference, but at the same time, it doesn't.

If you're considering DES, I think it's totally worth it if you have a good surgeon. I'm very happy with my results :smile: Good luck ladies!

Which clinic did you go to?

• 2 weeks later...
Hello there!!!

I 'm really interest in plastic surgery in Korea, particurally a jaw surgery coz my right side is a bit intense and the front is not symmetric and shaped at all...maybe it's just muscle but i want an opinion...

Is there a good maxillary doctor in Korea and in which clinic can i find him?

Already i found one good doctor Heung Sik Park who claims 21 years without failure... is he popular with locals?

His blog http://blog.naver.com/atbeauty

Also, i was communicate with Bnobgi Hee the english manager told me for all in one surgery masseter muscle reduction, buccal fat removal & mandibular bone reduction for 7700000 won . Is it a good price and this clinic is good for face contour? :\

Hello Freshlook,

Welcome to PF haha.
Please add my Kakao: tokuko
We have a group of 17 that's considering 2JAW and looking at maxilofacial surgeons. 1 of us did with thefacedental, another with everm. They would be delighted to share their experiences with you.

If u are only doing jaw shaving then u don't necessary need a maxilofacial surgeon. A facial-contouring doctor will do.
Maxilofacial surgeons u can research are: thefacedental, EverM, Profile Hospital, Seoul National University hospital, Yonsei Dental hospital.

For facial contouring there's many more out there, from big commercial ones like GRAND, BK, banobagi, to medium ones like Braun, YKPS etcetc.

These are just general info. Hopefully my other friends can share their research with you.

:smile:

Thank you so much Honeyboob00! ;)

Are maxilofacial surgeons do facial contouring surgeries too?

yes, maxilofacial surgeons does Facial contouring (FC).

Though, they should be the only surgeons that operates double-jaw (SHIFTING of upper and lower jaw - touches facial nerves). Facial contouring (SHAVING of jaw bones - DO NOT touch nerves) : vline/sq jaw reduction shouldn't be a problem for them.

Some exceptions like YKPS, any many more surgeons, are not maxilofacial medically train but still does 2JAW. Though, prices are not cheaper.

With that said, maxilofacial surgeons doing FC maybe much safer but i've heard that results can be "conservative".

Oh and I think atbeauty is a trustable doctor. But his information is so hard to reach. I was at his main website but it doesn't seem to beworking.

This link is good information for your research. Please read the entire thread. it will benefit you.

# All the best!

I have been reading this forum for a while and I am wondering why there are so many people needing revisional work?
If you are doing revisional work, can you please tell us why and also where you had the work done so we don't go there if it is the original doctors' fault that you need revision.
Would it be cheaper to have the surgery done at your home country because it is far more expensive to have to do revisions?

hey tokuko do u mind if i add u aswell? im considering 2jaw my kakao is sunshower :biggrin:

You can wear one but they'll make you take it off when you're going through immigration

Thank you again Honeybooboo!

I wanna find a skilled surgeon. i'm a guy and i have not Asian face i'm European but i think with my features a slender face will suit me on the other hand i don't know if it's better to go for a more musculine and angular face... I'm really concerne if Korean doctors can read well western faces :\

The really good doctor from atbeauty Dr Park is no longer in Korea he works in Shanghai at Seouleagure Hospital!

Hi Coolwaves, not all revisions are the fault of the surgeons. Sometimes, it could just be the individual who isn't happy with their permanent results, since results vary. Some people are just super critical of themselves and want everything to be exactly as how they want it, so they will go through extra measures (multiple surgeries) just to get their ideal desired look. I've seen some people who looked fine after their first or second surgery, but they're still never satisfied and always going in for more revisions. Some will have obvious valid reasons for revisions. Some will have valid reasons that may not be seen externally by others and some will have unnecessary reasons no one understands. Don't get me wrong though, there are surgeons who do botched jobs and those surgeons definitely need to be exposed. PS in South Korea is getting more and more expensive and depending on where you're from, you could be spending a lot more. The price of being a foreigner, which isn't fair... (sigh). Any revision work I have to get done, will most likely be done in my homeland. Some people will go back to the same surgeon if it's free to them. My only advice to that is, never go get your revision with the same surgeon who botched you. Just because it's free revision, doesn't mean you can trust the same surgeon twice unless it's just a minor aesthetics issue or concern. Some things, once re-done too many times can never be undone.

Sorry, didn't realize I'm just blabbing on (hehehe). Everything is just based on my own opinion and experience. PS can be quite daunting, so I hope I was able to shed some light for you. Good luck!