BeautyHacker

Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea ***read 1st post before posting***

I'm going to Korea today!!!!! my flight is at 8pm (15march ) and will be arriving on the 16 of march at 5:20am.
Set up an appointment at Banobagi via docfinderkorea. AM SO EXCITED.
AND SCARED AT THE SAME TIME. T_T

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for replying Chrv! I'm so nervous and scared right now even though it's going to be at least another 16 hours until i board the plane to Korea T_T

hi guys, i've been silent reader of this forum from 2011. i've had my first surgery done (rhino and chin implant) in 2013 at beautyforever. now im in seoul now literally just finish having my genioplasty (chin surgery) in The Face Dental @gangnam. It's across JK and JW. It's in the same building as Apgujeong Plastic surgery clinic.

So after all this year i'll share my experience

Hi girls,

I also planned to do my nose revision with JW and Was
Looking at BA as well. I'm planning to go in Sep too, with my Husband and 2 kids, 4 and 2.

Do you all know where is a good place to stay around the clinic?

Also, Have you guys gotten a quote from them?
This is the quote I got from Claire from Beautiquekorea.com

JW : Revision rhinoplasty : From 5,100 USD~
Banobagi : Breast lift : 9,350,000 KRW,
Breast lift + augmentation : 14,300,000 KRW

Jw have had beautiful results with rhinoplasty! The tip isn't extremely angular, nor pointy and it curves downwards like a natural slope.

However, has anyone noticed nose jobs become pointier and less natural over a prolonged period of time?

OK SO I CANT START A NEW THREAD BUT NEVERMIND.
I'm 4 days post op , ( technically 3 days ) from Banobagi - Dr Lee & via docfinderkorea.

I'm not advertising for the above mentioned clinic and agency.
Unlike some bloggers or people on here ( NOT pointing fingers at anyone , but from my own experience. )

Basically Banobagi quoted me x price for 3 procedures done for my eyes.
Docfinder quoted me 2mil won+ cheaper for the 3 procedures done if I am to go through by them.
Obviously , I'd go through docfinder , since I doubt I'd be able to get that much of a discount by myself if I am to go to banobagi myself.
So I gladly took on their service.
Shin did NOT pick me up from the airport , he arranged a driver for me. ( **** those bloggers. )
I did NOT see Shin AT ALL until the end of my surgery ( once again , **** those bloggers and some of the people on this thread ) , and JUDGE ME ALL YOU WANT for the usage of my language BUT I WAS SCARED TO DEATH BY HOW NONCHALANT EVERYTHING WAS GOING.
BUT NO. This post isn't to flame the above mentioned clinic/agency.
Shin arranged his " manager " , Anna to accompany me , and she was extremely sweet. She accompanied me throughout the consultations with the consultant/doctor , BUT SHE WAS NOT THE ONE TRANSLATING FOR ME ( not that I have any problems with that. I went along with docfinder purely because of the discount. Banobagi has its own translators and the consultants in banobagi can speak English pretty damn well. )
My consultation took less than3 minutes , because I couldn't be bothered with what the consultant had to say.
I knew I wanted to do my eyes , I knew what I want to fix about it , and when I cut her midway ( probs 1 minute into her talking ) because I KNEW what my problems were , she and the other consultants laughed and said I already knew what I needed to have done.
So off I went to meet Dr Lee. The entire consultation took a little over 5 minutes.
Once again , because I knew what I wanted to have fixed.
The only reason why it took over 5 minutes was because Dr Lee was explaining ptosis correction to me , but I heard him as he saying that he can't fix my ptosis 100%.
The misunderstanding was soon cleared up.
Also , he did ask me if I have any pictures of my ideal crease/eyes , I showed him pics of myself with make up on.
He told me the crease is too high , which I agreed. The high crease is for when I want to put a hell lot of eye make up. Thick eyeshadow , eyeliner , false eyelashes etc.
For a more nature looking face , I want a lower crease.
I have about 5 creases on my eyes , Dr Lee amazingly picked out his own " ideal " crease for my eyes which coincided with my " ideal ". Damn I was amazed ok.
So I said perfect , and because I stupidly drank water , I had to wait another 2 hours until my surgery.
Anna accompanied me for an hour in the waiting room , with a bed and tv , she tried hard trying to make small talks with me , on the television , basically she tried her best to entertain me.
So that was really sweet of her.
We talked about korea , kpop ( which i dont really like and explained to her why ) to food , diet , weight loss and things like that.
Soon , it was 12pm and the consultant called me to make payment etc.
Then I saw Dr lee again for the last time , he placed a dot on my eye ( just 1 eye ) and off I went to the surgery. ( Total time I spent w dr lee prior to surgery : less than 10 minutes. Not that I'm pissed or what , but I also really wanted to hurry up and get things done. I don't understand how a consultation can last for over an hour lol. )
I went to the surgery theatre ( OK, FOR THIS PART I SERIOUSLY DONT UNDERSTAND HOW SHADOW DOCTORS ARE POSSIBLE OR HOW SHIN IS GONNA MONITOR THE SURGERY IN PROCESS TO ENSURE NO SWITCHING OF DOCTORS )
The surgical theatre is small. Behind me , was an elder lady getting her eyes operated. I can't remember but there was something in between her and I , perhaps a curtain and that was ALL.
I woke up a few times to the same anaesthesiologist and to dr lee's face. It is IMPOSSIBLE for shin to be in the surgical theatre to monitor , either ways , he wasn't , I didn't see him & neither was Anna. It was just IMPOSSIBLE. Go to banobagi , get into the surgical theatre and you'll understand.

NOW. My eye surgery hurt. I cried. Midway into the surgery , I cried , with Dr Lee yelling at me to stop moving. I woke up , to feeling my right eye being cut up at the end but it wasn't that bad.
I went back to sleep. But my left eye , it was HELL. For my right eye , I was tied to the bed.
I DONT KNOW WHY FOR MY LEFT EYE , I SOMEHOW COULD STRETCH MY LEFT ARM ( now , maybe I didn't . I was sedated. BUT THIS IS ACCORDING TO MY MEMORY. ) towards the anaesthesiologist , telling her more. MORE. While crying and flinching about because IT HURT. I WAS CRYING AND SCREAMING. THINKING TO MYSELF THAT IT'D AFFECT THE SURGERY BUT I DIDNT CARE. ALL I WANTED WAS FOR THE PAIN TO STOP.
I FELT THE WARM TEARS STREAM DOWN MY CHEEKS. IT WAS HORRIFYING.
Then I ko-ed.
I woke up , to a nurse or consultant or anna , w/e telling me that shin is coming. Then I fell back to sleep.
I woke up again , in the waiting area with other patients who just did plastic surgery , this time , crying , because the pain was intense.
Stella Kim ( the english consultant ) kept telling me to stop crying because it'd affect the stitch or something but I couldn't. I kept crying , screaming , saying it hurts.
Stella told me that I just did plastic surgery and that it was suppose to hurt.
( LIKE OMG , I KNOW RIGHT. I DID SURGERY. OF COURSE ITS SUPPOSED TO HURT.
WHY ON EARTH DID I BELIEVE THOSE BLOGGERS WHO SUPPOSEDLY EVEN WENT SHOPPING RIGHT AFTER SURGERY HA-HA-HA )
So , I was fetched a pain killer which honestly didn't work ( I suppose ). Shin came , and I told him I want to leave.
The nurses didnt want to because I was still unable to walk on my own and stuff but I really wanted to. I didn't want to stay in a waiting room full of other patients.
So i went back to the dressing room , accompanied by I think stella , to remove my surgical ropes and to change back to my own clothes ( WHILE SITTING ON THE FLOOR ).
Shin carried my luggage , whilst holding onto 1 of my arm , and stella holding onto my other as they brought me to shin's car. ( I was dizzy and my eyes so swollen I could barely see anything. Probably 5-10% )
Shin fixed up a hotel nearer to the clinic for me , on the spot and we went there. He held onto me , brought me to my room , settled down my luggage , sat down , explained my medicine to me and tugged me into bed ( LOL ) . Super grateful , really.
He's going to check up on me , actually he tried a few times , the past 2 days , but yesterday , I was sleeping , 2 days ago , I went out.
He helped me tons. He was always available whenever I needed him to ask him something ( only through text ). So sorry girls , don't trust in those bull**** those bloggers say , even when they claim to not be sponsored , they ****ing lied.
You're not going to get the same treatment they received , but beggars can't be choosers.
A little help here and there is better than being independent 100%.

So far , I've been healing fine , I love my eyes , my friends love my eyes , it looks almost natural now , no scar , minus off the terrible bruises ( I bruise easily ) and one of my blood shot eye due to lateral + vertical , but even my landlord commented that I'm beautiful , and that the surgery was done well. ( LIKE HEARING FROM A KOREAN AJUMMA THAT A PLASTIC SURGERY IS DONE WELL??? YOU GOTTA BELIEVE IT ! )
I got hit on by 2 korean guys yesterday.
I went out without make up , and felt beautiful.
I finally feel like , myself.
The me , I always felt like , the confidence the me always had whenever the old me went out WITH THICK MAKE UP ON.
Now , I'm just me. Beautiful & confident , even without make up.
I no longer have low self esteem/ a complex / fearing to go out in public without make up/ with no shades on.
I'm incredibly happy that I have gotten this surgery done.
Lack of consultation =/= bad surgery.
Keep this in mind.

I ended up getting 5 procedures done on my eyes , with the price close to half of what was originally quoted for 4 procedures.
Due to docfinderkorea + cash payment + doing surgery on the day itself/spontaneously + budget constrain.
I didn't even try to bargain. I just said it's out of my budget to do 5 , so I'll do 4 instead.
I'm not going to disclose the prices.
If you think I'm fake , so be it.
If you think I'm a ***** , so be it as well.
This is a honest review ( because they deserves it ) from me for the above 2 mentioned clinic/agency and for Dr Lee.

Thanks & goodbye!
( I need to add on something about myself. I'm nonchalant and spontaneous as hell. I booked my air ticket 3 weeks prior to the surgery , packed 12 hours before my flight , slept for 6 hours , woke up , went to shop for emergency supplies and then rushed to check into the airport.
So WE ARE DIFFERENT.
You may not be able to accept the above mentioned treatment , because I almost couldn't , but I'm glad my spontaneous nature pulled through and I went ahead without wasting any more time. )
Add on : DOCTOR LEE CANT SPEAK ENGLISH AT ALL. OR HE DID NOT SPEAK ENGLISH TO ME AT ALL. ONLY KOREAN.
I READ SOMEWHERE THAT HE CAN SPEAK ENGLISH , IT'S ALL A LIE.

probs the most honest review on here about Banobagi, thanks for your review! glad to hear your surgery was a success and that you're happy. good luck with the last leg of recovery :smile:

For DES I guess by right you're not supposed to feel any pain as you'll be sedated and then administered local anesthesia. For me it was the aftermath swelling and tearing that is more uncomfortable than painful.

I do agree that im pretty sure my surgeon is the same one as I was asked to open and close my eyes numerous times and I saw the same surgeon face looking back at me, his voice sounds the same throughout too.

Gd that at the end you had gd results :smile:

Hello!

I am going to South Korea for many facial surgeries this September 2016.

I am going to IOU for revision double eyelid surgery.

I am still debating on where to do my jawline and cheekbone surgeries. I want to do the quick cheekbone reduction method and the least invasive method for jawline surgery. After researching (for several years now), I decided on the following:

- Banobagi (although their prices are very high, no one has said anything bad in terms of their results and safety)
- JK Plastic Surgery
- TL Plastic Surgery (but I'm unsure, as someone said that TL experienced safety accidents)
- Girin

Banobagi was always at the top of my list, but I don't want to spend so much if other clinics are just as safe but more affordable. Does anyone have any experience regarding the safety, affordability, and quality results for these clinics and provide me with any advice?

Thanks!

For anyone with past experiences - how many days will a clinic usually book you for surgery after confirming your decision? Is it ever worth putting in a deposit before reaching Korea to secure your spot?

I'll be going in early June if it makes a difference.

No, my advice is never put a deposit without going for a consult at the clinic and meeting the doctors first. Not unless you're 200% sure about your decision.

I consulted at View Clinic on a wednesday and got surgery slots for friday. But then again I was there 2nd week of March. I'm not sure if June is a busy period? Have you shortlisted any clinics?