BeautyHacker

Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea ***read 1st post before posting***

Actually, it is hard to find negative review or news from plastic surgery clinics. maybe because they do marketing.. anyway i never heard about bad review those clinics yet
but do research a lot

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i heard TL was really good and so was cinderella. i also did some research and they said that you should find a clinic with a surgeon that has performed many surgeries instead of choosing a clinic just because of its quality. do you think thats true?

I dont know thats true. but it seems right

what clinic did you go to? did you like the results? i might go to korea in march or april but I'm still trying to find the right clinic and surgeon. Im looking into ITEM clinic and i like how natural they make the nose look. also it will be my first ps so I'm kind of nervous

I did Girin plastic surgery with Dr.Lee. I'm satisfied with result as well.

So, I'm recovering, but still sick. I wonder which will go down faster. My swollen eyes or swollen tonsils. Some of the forumers who have experience with DES and have seen my pics say promising things, but this morning--day 4-- I still look like a monster.

what clinic did you go to?

I hope you heal soon! Don't want to go in the air plane feeling sick. Who knows, it might make it worse.

Hi everyone,

I happened to stumble across this article today about Jewelry Plastic Surgery.

http://netizenbuzz.blogspot.com.au/2014/12/plastic-surgery-clinic-in-gangnam-under.html

"A plastic surgery hospital located in Gangnam is in controversy because of their nurse's aides uploading pictures on Instagram and Facebook of doing improper things in surgery rooms like throwing birthday parties, taking selcas, and fixing jewelry IN THE MIDDLE of ongoing surgeries."

There are images in the link, and some include ones of the nurse's aides playing around with the implants, exposed latex gloves, eating and drinking inside the surgery room, and even using the surgical utensils to repair a broken bracelet.

I'd probably avoid Jewelry, for now. I do think that they're not the only clinic that has stuff like this going on inside - Jewelry's nurse aides were just really stupid to upload these images onto SNS -_-

I recall reading on here that Jewelry was blacklisted on Chinese forums a long time ago, but can't remember what the reason was.

Thanks for sharing this info though. Even though Jewelry was never on my list, this makes me want to stay away from it even more. You're perfectly right though, i'm certain these things happen at other clinics as well. Even though a nurse's behavior doesn't reflect a surgeon's skill, it makes the clinic look bad that their out of control and would certainly put me off of going to a clinic like that.

South Korean Survey on Cosmetic Surgery Raises Eyebrows
By JEYUP S. KWAAK

It’s not a great advertisement for South Korean plastic surgery as Seoul looks to increase medical tourism: Almost a third of cosmetic-surgery patients in South Korea aren’t happy with the results, according to a recent poll.

The Korea Consumer Agency, a government consumer-protection body, said Tuesday that its survey of 1,000 patients showed 32.3% expressed dissatisfaction and 17% had at least one negative side effect.

Common complaints, according to the agency, include scars, infections and asymmetrical facial features–for example, ending up with a mouth that curves up on one side and down on the other.

The poll marks the first time the agency has directly surveyed plastic-surgery patients, an agency spokeswoman said.

However, the number of complaints registered with the agency is on the rise, jumping 28.5% to 4,806 last year compared with 2012. At the current rate, the number of complaints is likely to exceed 5,000 this year.

Hong Jeong-geun, spokesman for an association of about 1,600 specialized cosmetic surgeons in South Korea, blamed a rising number of non-specialized cosmetic surgeons for the increase in reported cases of botched procedures. It’s unclear how many non-specialized cosmetic surgeons practice, but the association estimates they outnumber specialized practitioners by up to 10 times.

A person who answered the phone at the Korean Society of Aesthetic Surgery, whose website says it has 1,800 non-specialized cosmetic surgeons, declined to comment, citing an internal policy regarding interviews.

In South Korea, doctors gain an area of specialization after a yearlong internship and four years of residency. However, general physicians, or those who specialize in another field, may also practice cosmetic surgery, which consumer groups say can confuse patients. The poll found 63% said they didn’t know how to distinguish between specialized and non-specialized plastic surgeons.

http://blogs.wsj.com/korearealtime/2014/12/04/south-korean-survey-on-cosmetic-surgery-raises-eyebrows/
http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-30295758
http://www.scienceclarified.com/Ph-Py/Plastic-Surgery.html