BeautyHacker

Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea ***read 1st post before posting***

Sorry I am just barely seeing your response. I will be going to S. Korea in early August. Thank you for your detailed post. I will be checking out just a handful of clinics when I go as I won't have too much time. I'll be staying 9 or 10 days. I don't trust a lot of these clinics so I'll just have to see them in person to get a better feel.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Joey, yes I ended up going. I had surgery at Face Dental last Thursday and Jewelry Plastic Surgery on Monday for eyes. I posted my experience in detail on another thread. With the MERS thing going on, a lot of people are wearing masks. I've been extra careful about washing my hands and not touching things with my bare hands. I've also been resting in my hotel room most of the time I've been here.

7Chanel7, please check out different clinics because they are so different once you get there in person. I spent 3 days just going on consults. I really had my heart set on Face Line but I got so turned off after meeting the doctor. Don't feel the need to rush because this is a huge decision.

I actually ended up doing my eyes on a whim since every consult I went on said I look tired and I have dark circles under my eyes. Plus I went really under budget at Face Dental so I had extra money. I went on a consult at Jewelry Clinic and liked how the doctor did the eyes of the staff and decided to get my eyes done there that same night. I also prefer them on the bigger side which is why I chose Jewelry. So far my eyes are still bruised and my face is still a bit swollen.

No all prescription meds like that are fine to keep taking. It's vitamins and blood thinners that are the problem.

Did you go to Jewlry to get the dark circles fixed or to make your eyes wider/bigger? I really want to get the dark circles under my eyes taken care of when I go to Korea for my other facial surgeries, but I don't know which clinics specialize in it and it's not talked about much on here.

that's good to know
cos I've been reading online, it says it may increase the chance of blood clot
so js checking to be sure

If you have a specific brand you are worried about, I'd defintely check with your surgeon. I've never had to come off prescription meds for my surgeries though.

Vitamins? Any kind of vitamins? I've been advised to take Vitamin C pills prior to and after.

I'd like to know as well since I too have dark circles under my eyes which got worse after my pregnancy.

Hi CallieCat, I went there for both. They did get rid of the dark circles with the fat repositioning but the recovery is harder than I thought and my face is still swollen after 10 days. The epi surgery wasn't so bad until my sutures were removed. It was super painful. I don't know if I would do epi again. I'm not sure it was worth it. The fat repositioning and love band was definitely worth it. Just look at their after photos on lower eyelids and that's what you can expect. I think the doctor performs it along with the love band pretty regularly.

I had hallow lower eyelids which caused me to look tired. It was also made worst after I had a baby and hardly got any sleep. I thought I would need fat grafting or injections which is what Wonjin suggested but Jewelry said the fat repositioning would be much better. What Jewelry did was move the fat in the area below my hallow lower eyelids. I'm not sure where they got that fat from though. The result is more volume in the hallow part. Overall I'm happy with this and I can't even find the incision they used. I also like the way the love band looks because it makes you look younger once the bruising goes away. Also, please remember they tend to go a bit big on the eyes. I'm actually happy with their work except the left crease is a tad bit higher than the right but I'm hoping it will even out eventually. Good luck to you!

Ahh thank you for all the information! My only problem is I plan on going to a different clinic for facial contouring and while they do offer fat grafting I don't know if they would just reposition the fat around that area. And I doubt I would be able to have another facial surgery so close after my other ones (so I wanted to do it all at once) This may sound like a silly question (and I'll put this question to everyone that's reading) - but does it also help with discoloration? I have slightly hollow lower lids and slight dark pigmentation from years of late night computer usage and lack of sleep which is what I'm hoping to fix.

Love band-is that any different than aegyo sal?

I was told all vitamins for mine. Which was really annoying because I was taking all the anti-swelling vitamins including vitamin c to try and prevent swelling! But I stopped anyway just in case. Always check with your surgeon and follow whatever they say as they know what anaesthesia you'll be under and what might interact or aggravate bleeding etc

I'm not sure what aegyo sal is but you can google "love band eyelid" and it should show up. I do think they're the same thing by the looks of it. I honestly think my swelling is worse because I did 2 surgeries within 4 days of each other. However, Apgujeong Plastic Surgery who Face Dental works with is on the conservative side and I noticed a lot of their patients were much older that's why I opted not getting surgery there. I wanted my eyes more dramatic.

After going to so many places, I realized every consult I went on had a different diagnosis or method. One doctor says this and the other is against it and sometimes the doctors opinions totally differ from their consultants. I don't really know who's right anymore. But for me, fat repositioning made more sense than putting fat from my butt into my eyelids. My lower eyelids were really hollow so fat injections wouldn't be sufficient to fix my problem.

Thanks for getting back to me on that. Seems that not every doctor is always on the same page of things even when performing the same procedures. So frustrating. I guess to be on the safe side, I should just go all natural and take nothing. :-/