BeautyHacker

Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea ***read 1st post before posting***

girinlife is the only official kakao as far as i know. i wouldn't use any other kakao. might not be girin replying to your messages...

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the same thought. Seems pretty weird they wouldn't write it on their website if it was an actual way of contacting them.
I'm going with GirinLife as well. Would be very unlikely for them to have 2 different KakaoTalk IDs anyway.

mimi, good luck to your upcoming trip!

Are you going to consult with DA on face lift? Which doctor are you consulting with? Is he or she good?

Malissa, when are you planning on going to Korea? I would really like to hear about how your consultation with Girin goes. I crossed them off my list because I thought communication would be impossible. I'm curious if the doctors are actually eager to work with foreign patients. It seemed like they had no interest in expanding their global market because they haven't made an effort to promote to foreigners. I'd be worried about the doctor slacking off because he doesn't care about his reputation in other countries. Best to stay positive though, good luck!

Thank you Malissa! :smile:

I am looking to get vline and/or zygoma reduction done too. JK, Girin and DA are on the top of my list. DA quoted me about 6.5m won for eyes, 14m won for vline, 7m won for cheekbones. Steep prices but I'm really impressed with Dr Lee's work, and there don't seem to be any bad reviews on him. Plus point is that he can speak and understand English himself.

I like Girin very much too but the language barrier there is a hugeeeee problem =( maybe I'll just hire a translator since I'm intending to do my eyes at Jewelry.

i actually thought the same thing when i wrote to them in korean and didn't get a reply. but they did reply eventually, and when i wrote my message i had no help from a native korean (unlike for some messages) so it was really obvious i wasn't korean. but they replied in korean anyway and answered some of my questions and said i can make an appointment if i want. that was months ago. so i don't think they want to expand but if a foreign patient really wants to consult with them and goes there with a translator i think they'll work with you (and on you) like anyone else. but girin isn't on my list at the moment either because althought i like their b&a's i'm not sure about hiring a translator just to have a consultation at a clinic i'm probably not even going to choose... ps. i didn't try in Chinese so i have no idea if they have a Chinese translator or not.

malissa: it's probably just some agent's kakao.

if you do that please tell us how it went!!

Hey Guys! I want to go to VIP International Plastic surgery, I have a n upturned nose and wide alars, I'd be using rib and this would be my VERY FIRST time getting any kind of surgery done. Has anyone ever 1.) had surgery done at VIP and tell me if they are good and share your experience? AND 2.) Has anyone here had any rib plastic surgery at all??

I heard it might change your smile... I am scared... I love my smile... and I also heard the rib nose will be ridiculously hard. It seems the more I research the more bad things I hear... can someone share with me their real and honest experience? Personal messaging me would be nice too.

Thanks SOO much.

Sunray

I won't be going until next year, sadly..
I can't imagine the doctors at Girin being absolutely careless just because you're a foreigner though. If they would, I feel like you would get an idea of the doctors attitude when going for a consultation. I don't believe he would be acting as if he cares that much for you during the consultation, if he won't care for you during the surgery. But it's like that with any place to me. Can't tell if the doctor has the right attitude for me before I've went for a consultation. And I believe you would find out there if the doctor isn't as committed and doesn't have then right attitude.

Has anyone had any experience with facial surgery/ies at either Banobagi or TLPS?? I am thinking about doing surgery along this line but when I look around it seems that TLPS and Banobagi (apparently because they don't use screws..) are recommended for facial contouring etc....I would highly appreciate it if someone could give me more information on their or other people experience at these clinics (for any procedure).... Or maybe a recommendation for a more popular or loved clinic?
Thanks so much :heart::heart:~~

Hi Sunray,

I had my primary at VIP for alar reduction+nose tip with septal and ear. I'm not completely satisfied with my results and I'm going back for a free revision in a few days.

There are mixed reviews on rib rhinoplasty on this forum.. Some people love it but some people find it too hard/change is too dramatic. Personally I met several patients while there and they love their result. If you are looking for a dramatic change in terms of bridge height and don't want foreign materials (I think with foreign materials sooner or later you will have to take it out), then rib may be a good choice. If you end up loving it then at least you know for sure that its permanent and you wont risk infection or having foreign materials in your nose later on. I dont think it will change your smile permanently, but maybe for a bit longer than other methods as rib takes longer to deswell. Just do more research and weigh the pros and cons. Rib is expensive, take longer to heal, will be very hard, and have higher chance of potential side effects such as changing your smile and etc. But if done correctly it could really give you a permanent dramatic change that other natural materials can't offer. Also VIP is good with giving you free revision no questions asked if you are unsatisfied in any way($1000 charge if you are not doing it with other surguries though).

Hey Malissa just wondering how you got in contact with girin?

I wrote them on KakaoTalk.
I asked if they had an english translator, and the consultant wrote me back saying they don't but that I should try asking her anyway and she would help me as well as she could.

The clinics will by law be craving an extra 10% of the total in taxes if you're a foreigner and pay by credit card. If you pay cash most of the clinics will drop the extra tax charges. That's what I've understood so far :smile:

exactly. credit card = companies and governments all over the world will be tracking where you are and what you buy and what you do (and if you owe them any taxes for it and if they can sell you anything based on what you bought).

cash = almost nobody knows what you do where and who gets your money and who you get money from (though ATM withdrawals and cash deposits can still be tracked).

cash is smart :smile: cc is dumb.