BeautyHacker

Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea ***read 1st post before posting***

They give you plenty of antibiotics profolactivally post-op that you are supposed to take for 2-4 weeks so sepsis is probably unlikely. If you do go and get it done I recommend at least 2 weeks in Korea. If you have major pain, redness, fever and pus then that is a sign of local infection that can lead to sepsis.

They do a CT scan so they can see where exactly the nerve lies on your chin area so if you go with a good clinic then they will tell you the risk benefits. I am in my 30s but I looked 25 pre-op. I can show you before and after pics and tell you which clinic I went to via wechat do you have an email I can send you my wechat ID?.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am gonna create an account tonight, my uncle also said it is better than kakao, so yes please pm me your wechat id :smile:

Thank you very much!

Do you regret it because it is such a long and lengthy process to heal? I also got it done but in LA and I don’t look that much different. Topping it off my surgeon didn’t do a good job so my attempt at evening out my jaw is a fail. I was thinking of going to Korea to redo it, but wondering if the cons outweigh the pros.

Hi PaperbagprincessD, I regret it because I feel it wasn’t necessary. The thing about revisions is once you start and you possibly won’t like the result you may keep going back to fix it. There are many stories and many girls I know who have done their noses and now look like Michael Jackson’s nose. So yes you must weigh out your pros and cons. If there is assymetry that you feel is fixable then make sure you go to the right clinic in Korea. Use one of those docfinder.com so you can find the best doctor at jaw revision. I’ve read many stories or Facial sagging on here and other forums in which they do not account for bone structure being altered and then excess skin. Aging a person significantly. Then it’s do you get a face lift of thread lift. The thread lift only lasts a year. Plastic surgery is hit or miss. Just because it’s Korea doesn’t mean they can fix what the other doctor did. I’m not trying to be negative. I mean my results are good they just aren’t what everyone says they are. Everyone is different yes but let’s be honest craniofacial surgery sustains quite an injury as bone, muscle and soft tissue is manipulated. 1 month recovery is quite absurd. Unless someone had a major square jaw. Swelling takes a full year to heal. So if you are going to do this surgery then you have to be patient for results. 3 weeks recovery is not practical. You can’t evej open your mouth fully st 6.5 months post op. A full recovery is full results including the ability to open your mouth pre-op.

Hello @SooJinS
I'm about same age as you and i'm interested in fc/2jaw. Thank you for sharing your experience, i'm leaving next year and still am weighing my options about what procedures that suit me. It's a long deliberation really, since i just want to get it done once and i would be upset if i do revisions within 3years down the line.
I will pm you if you don't mind :smile:

What you also can do for information gathering purposes, is to have a few online consultations with other clinics to get an idea of what they recommend, so you can form your own ideas on the different options you have and then research further.

Hi all,

I am thinking of getting double eyelid surgery in Korea in December.
I read in the post that clinics would usually charge much higher through email compared to when you walk in.
However, I am worried that because December is peak period, I will not be able to get a slot in one of the clinics.

Just wondering, if I decide to go mid December (e.g. around 15th or 16th) is it possible to walk in and still be able to perform consultation and the surgery without booking? How busy are the clinics usually?

Thanks so much!

December is a peek month in Korea for plastic surgery so although you may be able to walk in for a consultation (mind you you'll be waiting a few hours to get in especially at big clinics) you will probably not be able to book your surgery for at least a week after..

Wouldn't recommend to walk in for consultations when you can easily book this in advance. Whether you are able to have surgery is hard to say and depends from clinic to clinic unfortunately.

Not sure what day 15 and 16 are, but would recommend you to plan you consults at the beginning of the week, so there is a bigger chance for you to have surgery that week and take advantage of healing during the weekend. When having consults at the end of the week and you cannot get surgery directly you will "lose" a few days.

I agree with everyone. Book your consults now. Choose the top 4 you wish to go to and then book them, you can always ask if you can get in right away. Some might ask for deposits. Double eyelid surgery is so common it doesn’t take a long time. Depending on the method you want. Just email them and ask. Remember the healing process takes a bit too. At least a month to wear make-up to cover fresh scars. Good luck!

Hi all,

Thank you so much for the replies!!!

I have done online consultations with a few and they mentioned that I would need ptosis correction. Does anybody know much about the procedure - specifically how long would it take to fully recover?
Would I be able to go out in 3 weeks post surgery without swelling?
Also what is the average price for a ptosis correction?

Also the clinics I am interested in are:
1) MVP
2) JW
3) The View
4) Teium

If anyone could please share their reivews or thoughts about these clinics, would be greatly appreciated.

Also just curious, what are the thoughts on these bigger hospitals/clinics? I am having a harder time finding reviews on them:
1) Dream
2) BK
3) WonJin
4) Mina

So sorry if this has been repeated! I am very new to this, and have scrolled 30 pages back but can't seem to find much.

Thanks again!