BeautyHacker

Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea ***read 1st post before posting***

Wow! I am very interested in EverM as well, I went for a consultation with them recently. How much did you manage to bargain down to?

I am thinking of 2jaw + v line together but still in two minds about the v line!

All the best!!^^

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goodluck and all the best!! ;)

Thank you! ^^ I brought a friend to translate for me. Was very pleased with the hospital, but no foreign languages spoken at all!

I'll PM you once I reach enough posts to be able to send PMs! ^^

I've been researching JK as well. From what I've found it seems that they are very safe and has never had any sort of accident, they mainly focus on foreign patients, but they're also quite expensive in my opinion. But they seem safe and good to me! Just high on prices ):

Could you PM me too about Everm? I would like to do either vline or zygoma. Do you know if they use 3d technology for the scan? Like did u get a 3d ct scan and 3d image of what ur face will look like after surgery?

I know many advise against getting translators, but it seems like I can't avoid it if I want to check out some of the clinics I'm most interested in.
Can any of you suggest a good way to get a legitimate translator? Where do I find one and will they no matter what be ripping you off as soon as they know what clinic you're going to? I have been looking around, but I am SO lost... :sad:
I tried looking for some packages from different authorized medical tour programs, but I honestly just need a translator and nothing else. And can I be sure their translators won't rip me off as well?

I guess u wanna go EverM? I think you should ask someone you know who has some connections with Korea. So for example in my case my Korean friend advises to find Korean students. At first I was thinking I will ask her to help me find someone she knows (e.g. her cousin whos a student) and pay her like $80 for the translation on the day only, but now I have ruled out the possibility of going everM just because of translation thing, I think it'll be very inconvenient post-op if none of them speak English, plus that mean I will need translator for everytime i went back for check up (During 2 weeks there are at least 4 check up so it'll cost me more). Another option is since EverM have chinese translator, u can team up with someone (on this forum or somewhere) who speak Chinese, and u can rely on them during group consultation. The plus is group consultation gives cheaper price for both of you, but relying on someone you barely know means u need to trust the person a lot that your description of what you want doesnt get lost during translation (Imagine English to Chinese > Chinese to Korean). Otherwise there has been link on this forum to a list of government-authorised translator in a document, but I cant rmb exactly which thread (it is recent, posted within the last month or so)

actually. I used the username girinps instead of girinlife. I got a response within 2 hours. so if try girinps if the other doesn't respond

Thanks a lot for your response! I'm really glad to get some new ideas. I would really prefer relying on a professional translator which makes it really hard..
Oh a link? I thought I had looked all over the forum for something like that! Must re-obtain my search for that then haha. Thanks a lot for your reply though, it really helped me with some ideas. If you find the link before I do, feel welcome to tell me! It would mean a lot :smile:

Oh okay! How did you find that ID?
I found the other through their website. But thanks a lot!

How would a sensible person go about getting cosmetic procedures at Girin? The language barrier seems impossible to get around. They don't have an in-house translator which makes communication very difficult. If one were to bring their own translator, could the translator be present during surgery to communicate with the patient and doctor if needed? Is that even common practice? I like Girin's B&A pictures and they seem to be popular among locals, but not being able to communicate with the doctor at all is kind of frightening.

For some reason I can't find the ID on KakaoTalk. It says it is either non existing or made unsearchable. Don't know how you were able to message them :sad:

That's a big concern for me too.
I will not give up on it before I have tried finding a solution though.
I am planning on learning some Korean before I go there, so the little things won't be too big of a deal. But I will still need someone to translate when going to consultations and discussing what I need done and what I want done so I am sure that everything will be interpreted correctly. I really want to find a government approved translator for this and I will try my best to find info about it!