BeautyHacker

Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea ***read 1st post before posting***

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

same trip or two different trips? it seems like it's best to get your jaw done first so the surgeon doing your nose can fit your nose to your new face, otherwise you get a nose that fits your old face but doesn't necessarily fit your new face after your jaw surgery.

i want to add to my previous post: of course if you avoid the tax you might not get a receipt and would have a harder time proving what you paid and what you were supposed to get if there are any problems. if you pay with cash but don't avoid the tax then you should get all the receipts you would get if you paid with a credit card.

i'm really considering different trips to be safe but i'm not sure if I can afford two trips in a year, haha. thank you for the advice, will certainly keep that in mind.

i understand your hesitation, it's something you need to carefully consider. others have given me that same advice about fitting the nose for the final shape of the face, i believe it's true. :smile:

I'm also considering seperating my surgeries, but they will be in one week of each other. Should I still choose to do face first? I might still be swollen then. I will be doing either mini v or zygoma + nose.

medically i don't know which is better but if it was me... i would do it the other way around then if it was impossible to do it any other way. because nose surgery is minor compared to jaw, right? so less stress if you do the minor surgery first and less swelling too. but i think doing them 1 week apart isn't a good situation, you should try to get them done at the same time or come back later.

see here's the thing. Over in western countries they will not want the patient to undergo back to back surgeries within 2 weeks, let alone a week. But it seems to be the norm in Korea and other asian countries.

i personally would just play it safe and have 6 months to recover from one lot of surgery before attempting the other. its generally what the surgeons in western countries recommend to optimize healing and to exert less surgical stress on your body.

I have been advised to do surgery in the order 'from outside in'. So if you think of separating surgery I think it's best to do jaw/vline first then work your way in to nose/eyes so that your new nose/eyes are in good proportion with your new face.
If it was me personally I wouldnt do it one week away from each other. You'll feel very sick/nausea from double GA. Your body needs at least 3-4 days to recover fully from GA, and I am afraid with either procedures you do first, your face will be very swollen for the second doctor to determine rightly the outcome of the second one.
Not to mention the swelling will be more severe if you do two surgery in such short period of time. In my case I am intending to do 4 at once (eye, nose, cheekbone, mandible) and it is horrible enough... but at least I do it in one go so the sweeling can subside gradually.

Will having rhinoplasty done affect the length of your philtrum? I've heard that in some cases it's made some longer, and I personally do NOT want that.. I'm already planning on having an upper lip lift beforehand, so maybe it won't be a problem. What do you guys think?

Go check out 'How I made my calves smaller' on this forum and also 'Cheekbone reduction' thread on Cozycot. Info of OZ is all over the place there, they seem fine.

That's a good one. :peace: Can't agreed more with you!

Especially if you've had more than one surgery and the recovering time needs longer than usual. Normally company will not be happy with you if you need to take more than 2 weeks leave away from work.

So to me, the best way is quit and find another one after you're settled with everything,

Idk....I guess it depends on the situation..if you are in a workplace where you get along with everyone it would be easy and if you were comfortable enough you may even tell them before you leave? Also it depends on how self conscious you are and how inconsiderate and rude your co workers and boss are, I guess.
If you are really happy with your job, but don't want to face the outcomes and consequences (if there are any) after surgery I guess you have to choose then between your appearance and your work/ daily life?
That's just my opinion....but don't take much notice cause I'm no expert xD ~~

My situation is lucky.. I will b working with a completely new set of people in August .... I am trying to ask for vacation in July to do PS, the new team shouldnt know since its the first time they meet me.

I guess when I meet my old colleagues afterwards I just tell them I lost a lot of weight due to overworking xD Seem legit.