BeautyHacker

Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea ***read 1st post before posting***

Hi!
So I went to get some quotes today for lower eyebag surgery. All of the PS recommended 'Transconjunctival orbital fat reposition', so that they can move the fat from the baggy big of my eye, to the sunken areas. I wanted to share my opinions on the plastic surgery clinics when I went there...

Grand - really impressed by the building and how nice everything was. Met a translator (hired by Grand, not myself) consultant and plastic surgeon, all of who were nice and answered my questions. They were too pushy when getting me to give money for a deposit though. As well, the consultant said in Korean that my surgery would be 1,350,000 Korean won, but then the translator told her that on the email they had quoted me 1,500,000. They were not aware that I know numbers in korean. I was not at all impressed, and asked the translator in English why I was getting two different prices. She wasn't even ashamed of being caught, she just said, "oh you know your Korean numbers. If you book today,you will get a discount'. It was annoying that she wasn't honest with me, and I decided then that I wouldn't book with them.
Jk - really, really liked this clinic. It's not as 'fancy' as Grand, but it has a more personal touch. There was no consultant here - only a plastic surgeon, who was so nice and answered all of my questions with help of a translator.
BK - this surgery seemed like a bit of a joke. It is in an older building that the previous two. There was a translator who showed us before and after pictures, and then proceeded to tell me how both of her parents and many of her friends had opted for the same surgery (don't believe this was true). She then asked me to chose a plastic surgeon, and I said that I didn't know, hence the appointment, and she offered no recommendations of surgeons with a lot of experience with this procedure. Instead, she just asked me to chose a day of the week I wanted surgery, and told me that one would be allocated to me. Despite already being there for 35 minutes without speaking to a surgeon, she told me I had to wait for another 20 minutes. I decided not to waste their or my time, as it appeared they were more interested in getting money from people, rather than caring for the patients themselves.
Regen - this one is interesting. The building is nice and seemed quite new. The staff were very friendly and the translator seemed nice. We met a consultant who was so nice, and she was happy to answer all of my questions. After I finished my consultation, they told me if I decided to book surgery with them then I could meet the surgeon on the day of my surgery. I asked if I could meet them before as I had questions. The surgeon was nice but seemed pretty tired. Also, he smokes - when he was touching my eyes, I could smell it on his fingers which was not appealing.

I am stuck between JK and Regen. I feel that Jk is more personal and I would feel more comfortable asking for help/questions there, however Regen is bigger and seemed to be busy and popular. Both are around the same price - although neither offered a discount. Do you think it would be worth enquiring if they offer one? If anyone has any experience with these clinics, please let me know! :smile:

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've actually read about a girl who went for vline in korea. 3-4 years after the operations one of the tooth came loose, she is only 30++. Slowly one by one, her teeth came loose.She found it weird and went for further check up.

She discovered one of the nerves was severed during the operations. The teeth was surviving on the flesh of the gum but without sufficient blood supply her tooth doesnt get the nutrients needed.Hence all of it came loose...

:0 !! That's soooo scary!! It makes me think twice about V line.... But then again you don't know the circumstances around it or skill of the doctor she went to. The surgeons in most clinics say there will be no nerve damage.... But none of them are perfect and they falsify some things to get your business at their clinic.
So scary....I feel so sorry for her :sad: I hope the clinic took responsibility for their actions!!

I am planning to do zygoma or mini v line this year + nose, and whichever surgery I didn't do next year. I can only come back every summer so I would don't want to seperate it more. Also the plane ticket, food, and accommodation alone are enough for a surgical procedure so I would rather not go there as often. I won't be adding more surgical procedures though in the same summer, and I won't be doing GA twice. So I'm thinking maybe I should do the GA procedure last to minimize stress on the body. Thanks for the advice :smile:

that's really so so scary :o :sad: poor girl. i wonder how common something like that is. but TaRaUnnie is right, we don't know what kind of a surgeon she went to or anything.

kplove: that sounds like a good idea. that's probably the best way to do it :smile:

Hey Mrs. King omg I cant believe the last thread was archived but yeah im doing great.Girl do not hesitate to get your face done,the results are astounding omg.Before I used to run from the camera,now you cannot get me away from it.I think the reason why I was swollen for so long was because of my wisdom teeth,so once they were gone swelling went down in a week. I am literally wearing a hairstyle right now that I stayed away from for a decade because my face was too angular and the best part is everyone compliments me and tells me how pretty I am and they tell me I have this glow and I look like I lost weight(which I did). Finally 2 1/2 months post op and I am reaping the benefits. Do not hesitate to get your face done Mr.s King because it makes you look younger when you do.I am sooo happy,words cannot describe it. I know I said ill share photos in the messages but I have no freaking idea how to so im srry but if you message me how to do it I can send them to you. Im just sooo elated,you have no idea because for one in my life I finally feel pretty. Im gonna stop rambling now just message me your email and ill send them to you.Your gonna be just as shocked as I am

OMG makeover - you go girl! I am so thrilled and happy for you!! Enjoy every minute of it.

I'll PM you my email. Can't wait to see you new face.

If a nerve is damage, you will feel nothing at all. Am I right?

oh my gosh!! i'm about to go to korea in a week! feeling quite nervous...kind of fearing what if things turn out worse after the surgery.. T_T! ahh!!

best of luck to those getting their procedures done!!

:smile: Really good luck Syrina ~~ I hope you get the results you want and you will improve your life! (Not that I doubt you're unhappy atm haha) Don't be too nervous I'm sure you will be fine and enjoy your trip....Eat some nice street food for us!! ~~ :smile: