BeautyHacker

Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea ***read 1st post before posting***

Good luck! hope you get the results you want :smile: try not to be too nervous! think positive!

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys, just a quick update on my Two Jaw surgery (for facial asymmetry and mandibular prognathism) experience at EverM. It's been 4 days since the surgery and I'm recovering great so far! ^^

A quick run through of what happened:

Day 1:
Went into the surgery at around 12pm and came out around 5pm. Felt pretty bad post GA nausea, cold, heat, sore throat, headache etc. Really wanted to drink water and sleep but this isn't allowed for 4 hours after the surgery. Kept falling asleep and waking up every hour until the next morning. Coughed up blood and phlegm, vomiting ... Pretty bad, but this was all expected.

The nurses speak very limited English, but it's enough to get understood and they are all very nice. Dr Yoon came in and informed me that the surgery went very well!

Day 2:
More of the same, but all the symptoms decreased. Day 1 and 2 were pretty terrible, but felt very happy when I looked in the mirror and saw my asymmetry and proganthism corrected! ^^ Correcting my prognathism also makes it look like I got a really nice nose job! Loving this :P

Day 3:
Felt much better. Only major problems are sore throat and stuffy nose. Nasal spray helps, but I'm limited to how much I can use. Disconnected from my IV fluid and feeling good enough to walk around the ward to reduce the swelling. There were three other patients also recovering from Two Jaw. From their name cards, I notice all three of them also had zygoma reduction and V-line surgeries.

Day 4:
Discharged from the clinic. Face very swollen, living on a liquid diet and a bit weary, but recovering quickly. The worst part is over!

Next appt with the doctor is in one week and I'll have my rubber bands on my teeth removed.

Overall, very happy with EverM so far! I've been very satisfied with Dr Yoon from the beginning and haven't been disappointed yet. These past few days have been very very difficult, but looking back, I would do the whole thing all over again in a heartbeat. Can't wait to see what my face will look like once the swelling goes down completely!

I need some advice for dealing with the payment part of getting plastic surgery! I've already sent a wire of my deposit to Banobagi for eyelid surgery however the girl that I'm communicating with says that they will only accept the rest of the payment in cash whereas I feel much better about paying in credit card since it's going to be my first time travelling ALONE to a country that I've NEVER been to and I just do not feel safe having that much cash on me! Any tips on how to deal with this situation?

Also, is it normal for them to ask for a scan of my passport?

I think they should offer other payment options, but you may need to pay 10% tax if its not cash. I paid mine in cash but i was paranoid as hell the whole trip XD I never paid deposit or shown my passport at VIP but i think it really depends on the clinic. They picked me up at the airport and i lived at their officetel before i even went to the clinic and paid anything.

I bought a "pacsafe coversafe 75" neck wallet with me when I went to Korea. I put all my cash and passport and have it hang around my neck and wore my clothes OVER it. It's out of sight but close enough for me to know that my belongings are safe. The string is special and very sturdy. Ordinary scissors cannot cut it.

Since I was living in a guesthouse, I didn't feel safe to put my passport there so I carried it with me at all times.

So if anyone is worried about carrying so much cash, you can look into this neck bag as an option :smile:

[​IMG]

vitalic,

Thanks for sharing! I'm very happy for you to have come out of such major procedures and being so strong and upbeat. Good for you. I am sure you'll love our result. Everm knows what it's doing for sure.

i recently saw an ad somewhere for the pacsafe bags and i'd been thinking about something like that, thank you for reminding me. :smile:

This is the after photo (1+ year later) of my non-incisional eyelid surgery performed in another Asian country.

I'm a little un satisfied with how the surgery turned out as my eyelids are slightly asymmetrical and I think the threads have loosened a bit.
Also, I feel my eyes are too small for my face and I kind of have to raise my forehead so I don't look angry? Maybe cause I have excess skin that I didn't get rid of since I got non-incision.

Do you guys think I need lateral canthoplasty? I don't want to have to go through the process of double eyelids again.
I'm going to Korea in July for other surgeries and figured maybe I'd do something to my eyes too

Hey, do you guys know if view changed their kakaotalk id? I looked at their website and it shows as view5391177. Also I was wondering if they'll respond in English. From the last thread, someone helped me find out the prices for View by asking them on kakao and the id they msged to was different.

Hi peachy, that was me :smile: the Kakao ID I messaged to is view5391177 same as the website

You're very welcome!

If you're going to Seoul for the very first time and you're own your own I recommend this book, "Seoul Survival Guide" by Aaron Namba.

It's not the usual tourist/sight seeing guide book.

The book tells you about what to expect, how to travel (t-money card, where to get it etc.,), where to exchange money, what power AC adaptor to use etc., how to use the subway.

Lots of useful information.

I read this before going to Seoul, and I wasn't as scared once I got there because I knew what to expect.

Hope this helps!

Edit - Contents in the book (from Amazon):

Introduction
Before You Go
General Information
Safety & Emergencies
Pronunciation Tips
Useful Words & Phrases
Arrival / Customs
Money
Phones
Internet Access
Taxis
Subways
Buses
T-Money Prepaid Payment Cards
Food & Dining
Shopping Tips
Sightseeing Tips
Appendix A: Hangul, the Korean Writing System
Appendix B: Essential Mobile Apps
Appendix C: Useful Phone Numbers & Links
Questions & Feedback

Hi I am new to PurseForum ..but anyways, I am thinking to go Korea for eyelid(i have a double eyelid but want to make it bigger ), rhynoplasty and fat transplant. First, I contacted ITEM plastic surgery since my friends went there but the customer service by exchanging email was horrible...So I decided to go with JW plasstic surgery. Is anyone hear something about this clinic or have done the procedure in JW?

which clinic are you going for your eye surgery? if you can share the name of the clinic, that will be nice:smile: