BeautyHacker

Plastic Surgery Clinics in Korea ***read 1st post before posting***

PM me for the site

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahaha I love Korean soy milk too! But you know it's full of sugar right? At least the ones marketed towards kids--that's all sugar! O.O

Jilly, from the photos you've sent me you don't have a bulbous nose at ALL. My nose is big with very thick skin, which is why a lot of the doctors told me my nose would be difficult to make small.

BTW, my eyes are looking better, swelling is going down everyday and I don't have ANY redness around my eyes, not even in the inner corners where I had medial epicanthoplasty. So yay!

Some of you guys PMed me about prices so I figured I'd just post them publicly.

I'm sorry I don't reply to PMs very promptly. I don't get paid to do this or anything and so posting stuff on Purse Forum is just something I do when I'm bored--like now when I can't sleep because of jet lag D:

But since I've had so much help from forumers who came before me, I'll contribute where I can.

Tip on foreigner vs. local pricing

I asked every consultant about foreigner and local pricing and some clinics deny it completely, and some consultants freely acknowledged there's a different price for foreigners.

Since I'm a kyopo (Korean who grew up outside of Korea) and was able to speak in Korean/konglish with these consultants, I think they felt comfortable being open about these things.

First things first, don't EVER mention Purse Forum or bloggers or anything. The consultant at D.A. told me that the reason for higher pricing is because they have to pay a referral bonus to whoever referred you--typically 10% cut.

Brian from April 31 said a lot of people come to him, trying to haggle, saying "I'll write good reviews on Purse Forum, so give me a good deal." According to him, plastic surgery clinics will give these foreigners a deep discount for the "marketing" on purse forum and then up charge foreigners who come reading these reviews--paying off the cost of the reviewer. Or these opportunistic patients will say, "I have a lot of friends interested in plastic surgery, I'll refer them if you'll give me a discount." Kcouture herself had said she got a really good deal from Dream by doing just that.

He also said that there's added marketing costs, english consultant/translator fees that clinics have to bear with foreign patients that they don't need for local patients. So his clinic adds a flat 500,000 krw extra for foreign patients--I think this is pretty fair.

The best way to answer the question "where did you hear about us" is to lie and say, "OH! I heard a rumor that celebrities get plastic surgery here!" Even if you've never heard such rumors. I switched off between this and saying I heard about them from Let Me In. When you mention the "celebrity rumors" then all the consultants LOVE it. before they ask "where did you hear these rumors," you say, "which celebrities?!?! and which doctor???" And they get coy and say "many celebrities, but I can't tell you who." LOLs.. it's really funny.

Okay finally the prices...

Dream:
Nose tiplasty revision with alarplasty (no bridge augmentation) ~5.5 mil
This is not with Dr. Park but Dr. Chung/Jung (sp?) who was a much younger doctor I'd never heard of. If you get to go to Dr. Park it may be more expensive. Also if you get different procedures done, the prices will definitely be different. This is true across the board, all of these prices I’m posting are for the specific surgeries I’m listing.
Nonincisional double eyelid surgery: 1.2 mil
Forehead (only) fat graft: 2 mil

--this includes a discount for doing multiple procedures.

DA
Nose tiplasty revision with alloderm bridge augmentation and alarplasty: 5 mil
Non incisional double eyelid surgery: 1 mil
Forehead (only) fat graft: 1.7 mil

April 31
Nose tiplasty revision, fat injection to bridge, alarplasty: 7 mil
--I don't remember the prices of anything else, but I definitely remember the nose costs. It was much higher than anywhere else.

ID
Nose tiplasty revision, alarplasty, bridge augmentation: 6 mil
Nonincisional double eyelid with ptosis correction & medial epicanthoplasty: 3.6 mil
Forehead(only) fat graft: 2.3 mil

Could you pm me that site? I would like to know.
Thanks

Hi everyone.

I am new to this forum and i want to know more about plastic surgery clinics in Korea. I am thinking of doing some plastic surgeries in Korea in the future, but i want to know witch clinic you recommend. I know that the doctors in Korea are good at plastic surgery, can you share your experience and knowledge with me. I was thinking of going to the BK Hospital, i have contacted them through email and i have got good response from them. Are there any other plastic surgery clinics you recommend in Korea rather than BK Hospital?

Thanks in advance!

hmm... I recently shared my consultation experience if you want to take a look a few pages back.

Also, I don't know when you plan to go, but make sure you give yourself enough time to consult as many clinics as you need. I gave myself 10 days in Korea and almost got screeeewed!

Thanks for your help. I am not planning to go to Korea now but in some few years. I will look at your consulation experience. Firstly i am planning to do nose surgery in my country in some years and then do eye lid surgery, forehead lift, cheek implant and chin implant in Korea if i find a good clinic that i have good reviews after years of researching.