BeautyHacker

Accommodation and Preparing for PS Seoul!

Mai, 2 things I might add to your list.

One is a few syringes to use right after the surgeries for cleaning the various parts of wound inside mouth; the other a plastic surgery recovery kit that I saw here:

http://www.makemeheal.com/mmh/product/kits/index.vm;jsessionid=8790A162E30A769AB0DEE6392FEC4AB0?procid=63

I know you have all of the supplements on the list, this kit may be able to make things easier. I hope any forumer who has used this kit can tell us how they like/dislike it :smile:

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i feel those kits are a complete waste of money. No matter which country or which surgeon or which clinic i go to for surgery, they have always without fail provided me with all those items and more as part of the pre and post op protocols for the patients. In korea the clincis also tend to organize it in daily packs for you too

Thank you Mrs King - I've bought one of the these make me heal kits with Sineech included XD but I also bought extra bottle of vitamin C (1000 mg dose), calcium, Vitamin B, A, K and a few others in extra as I feel I'll continue taking those vitamins long time post op just to stay healthy. I'll let you guys know how the make me heal vitamins work on me. In addition to that kit I also bough Bromelain, Quercetin and Tumeric (notice this because those are not included in this kit). One thing I dont like about Makemeheal right away is the price... It ships to the UK with $50 delivery charge, but I need to pay an extra $40 to the UK Custom as these are classified goods (medical) So $90 extra charges! argg. Make sure before you buy make me heal you call them/ email them to ask how long it'll take. It takes about 8 working days to the UK but my friend in Australia said they estimated that it will take 15-25 working days to be delivered there. The kit will be useless if it doesnt arrive in time, so check delivery date and also potential custom charges as well.

K is right, I believe most PS clinic expect you to come to Korea empty handed, with nothing but cash, so they should provide face mask, hot/cold pack, therefore you shouldnt have to buy it separately. However do buy Sineech and supplements before you come because it is more expensive in Korea (I think past forumers paid like close to $100 for Sineech at the clinic as compared to $25 in the US) I prepare extra Q Tips. large cotton pads and surgical tape in case though.

Can you explain the syringes? that's a new piece of information, I havent heard of them elsewhere. My believe is the clinic will help you clean the wound, no? Otherwise if you can describe it further or give a link to it I'll really appreciate it.

K, again happy for your nose result - job well done on your part to pick the right surgeon! So the clinics provide some kind of post op packets? That's great. I guess we still need to take care of the pre op part, which is probably just as important as post? Someone in the forum had contributed her quick recovery to the pre and post op kit.

Mai, about the syringe, I saw the take away notes that Mindy posted a few weeks ago:

# See the take away tips she had towards the end of message (paste it here for everyone's convenience - THANKS Mindy!)

MY TAKE-AWAY TIPS
1. Do your research thoroughly before surgery, know your budget and know what you want (but don’t have unnecessarily high expectations)
2. Don’t use a translator or hosts (my host was really nice, but you really don’t need one for most clinics, TRUST). Seoul is also pretty easy to navigate around.
3. If you are doing jaw surgery, stock up on soft food BEFORE surgery. You can get by without a blender but it’s useful! Things like juice, protein shakes, soup, pudding, yogurt, egg, tofu, rice. I disliked the pumpkin juice, and from my knowledge I’m not sure it does a whole lot for healing anyhow, I think I wasted my money. I think the best thing is fresh fruit juices packed with vitamin C for healing.
4. Get one of those neck pillows (the C shaped ones), I found it helped me sleep upright and facing upwards.
5. Bring some of your own painkillers, I took tylonel on Day 2 and 3 because the pain was pretty bad in the evenings.
6. A syringe to rinse your mouth on the side would have been useful but I didn’t think of it.
7. Mouthwash, the salt water just doesn’t do it for me haha
8. Keep your headgear in your purse when you go out, when it starts hurting, put it back on, it’ll feel better =)

Is there a difference between the MakeMeheal Harmony Healing Kit vs. VitaMedica Tranquility Kit? both seems to provide the same benefit with some difference in the products offered in each kit. Wondering which one I should get...Any recommendation/experience?

Sorry, press enter by mistake...I mean I bought the harmony set as it caters specifically for pre and post operation. I read zinc is important for pre operation and Arginine and L-Glutamine are great for recovery. You can search internet for what are important supplements for pre and post operation. And it has bromelian which helps deswelling. So it does have almost everything and it save you the problem buying bromelian, zinc and amino acids separately. The other kit does not address the different needs for pre and post operation, just one bottle for AM and another bottle for PM throughout, which I don't understand why it should be packaged that way. I normally don't think highly about house brand, but I think in this case, I will still select makemeheal's harmony kit for the above reason.

hi, are you going to try and squeeze all this on a carry on bag or in a separate bag and check it? I was thinking to buy these things in Seoul, but I can see how bringing everything would save time...

btw, thanks MaiQ for kind invite to join your July consultation group, I wish I could join the group but it looks like I'll have to go about a week earlier than you... Is anyone thinking of going the last week of June? I keep reading over and over that you get a better deal in a group consultation or if you bring a friend...

You can buy *some* of this in Seoul if you have time. I am going for consultation on the first day and surgery on the second day so I have no time to stock all of this. Besides some of the essential items such as sineech and packaged medicine like make me heal are not available in Korea. My friend in Korea right now has been to three pharmacy and all don't have sineech. If you buy it from the clinic it will be about 100 usd instead of 25 usd like in the state. Also I won't advise buying *everything* there because most Korean products have Korean labels with no English, for example if you buy nasal spray there there will be no English instructions but all in Korean.

So in short I will say only buy everything in Korea if you:

1. Has one-two days free before surgery (excluding consultation) to shop for these because to obtain all of these u will need to visit different shops in different markets/areas.
2. Know Korean and can read their labels.

Currently we are having about 7 people going in early July to mid July, I don't know anyone who goes around 23rd or mid June unfortunately. I think just actively asking people will help.

Ps: it's actually not a lot to pack. Beside as K couture said I don't think I'll be there for a fashion show so I'll bring minimal amount of clothes and probably shop more in Korea hehe

Bring head band and something to tight your hair...also tooth paste, some soft wash cloth to wipe your face. Only bring button front shirts. Also bring some tylenol in case you need it.
Last time I was there I brought a lot of ensure milk and straws....bring some music to listen

Thanks for the recommendation Dreamsharer. :smile: