BeautyHacker

Accommodation and Preparing for PS Seoul!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I checked the extended weather forecast for Seoul, and it looks like there won't be even one sunny day during my visit- June/July. The forecast is either cloudy and humid or rain:

http://www.accuweather.com/en/kr/seoul/226081/july-weather/226081?monyr=7/1/2014

I guess I'll leaves my good clothes home and pack a travler's umbrella...

I know, annoying isn't it! I'm in Korea from 1-15 July and the weather forecast is not looking good... I was hoping for summer sunshine so I can go out shopping with bandages and stuffs... But I think if it's raining it will be hard to go out cos I wont want to get my face bandages wet of rain...

maybe stay in for the 1st couple of days? i'm planning on going out with a good umbrella since wlaking around is recommend for reducing swelling and plus i would kick myself later on if I wasted my time in seoul w/out some shightseeing/ shopping :smile:

• 2 weeks later...
For the people who will be in Seoul late June/July, accuweather seems to still predict mostly cloudy/ rainy hot and muggy days...
I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this, but apparently Gangnam has a huge AIR-CONDITIONED underground shopping center that is over 1kilometer long with about 1000? stores that sell all types of inexpensive items w/fixed prices. some bloggers mentioned that the quality of product is mixed: low- to medium... but nevertheless, if I decide to do go ahead w/ the surgery, I thought this seems like a good place to walk around for deswelling and not sweat under the bandages! As many people mentioned, seoul is famous for their underground shops, but the gangnam one seems to be very close to where most of us would be probably staying.. below are some info/ video.

http://budgettravel2korea.blogspot.com/2013/06/go-to-mall-shopping-heaven.html

http://discoveringkorea.com/090710/gangnam-underground-shopping-arcade/

• 1 month later...
Don't know anything about Seoul in July. I am thinking of going for consultations in January, so am on a completely different wavelength...

that packing list is amazing; thank you! The additions from everyone else are brilliant. Thank you!

To anyone who knows or has an idea; apparently it is freezing cold in Korea during January? Even inside? Any ideas or tips for consultations/ surgeries during the winter in Korea would be greatly appreciated!

Here are my Seoul packing takeaways! Bring:
-hoodie: helps shield your hair/face in event of rain, double up with umbrella for extra protection. Hats/caps are not possible for some surgeries
-compression tights: comfy for post-surgery resting
-organic baby food in squeezy tubes: I got those with puréed pumpkin/pineapple, cos those fruits are supposed to aid healing (I'm not a fan of porridge). Organic baby food also tends to be lower in sodium/preservatives as compared to adult food. Squeezy tubes mean you don't have to bother with spoons, convenient if you don't want/can't open your mouth too wide.
-protein powder that you are familiar with and like: it's a convenient way to get some nutrition when you can't be bothered to eat a proper meal. Make sure you've tried it before, as some protein powders can cause digestive issues if you're not familiar with them.

During this period the nasal bones aren’t totally healed and slight pressure can cause distortion, indentation and secondary nasal deformities. So If you can wait a little longer, will be better, or contact lens. it's best to allow for your nose to properly heal.

If you must wear sunglasses, either tape them onto your forehead or use some sort of cushion like foam to wedge in between your glasses and nose. This will allow you to wear your glasses but not disrupt your nose from healing. Check with your doc of this issue .

3 weeks minimum, I've heard. It's probably better to keep the glasses off for as long as possible to avoid placing unnecessary pressure on the bridge.

Hi guys,
Thank you for sharing your packing tips!
I'm preparing my trip in september, but here in Paris I cannot find any Bromelin and Quercetin in drugstores, they only sell a mix of them! Is it good enough, or do I really need to buy both of them separatedly on Amazon?
And I got one question about Arnica, is it some kind of gel for calming the bruises? That's what I found on Amazon anyway lol