BeautyHacker

My plastic surgery with Dream Medical Group

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, just be a bit meticulous and u will find what you are looking for. She has a few reasons why she deliberately doesn't want to mention it. One of the reasons is that she does not want to spoon feed information but rather encourage thorough research.

Because the bone manipulation surgeries disrupts the support that is holding your facial structure in place. Facial fats/skin/soft tissue/muscle will all be affected. For example, imagine your cheek bones like the support beam of a tent. In its original state it is erect and holding the tent in place. When you reduce it, the tent begins to deflate and move downwards. Its the same principle with these bone reduction procedures. You are 100 percent guaranteed to sag. Any surgeon who tells you otherwise is a liar. In fact to distinguish between the honest surgeons and the ones who tell you what you want to hear to get you to write them a cheque, you should ask that very simple question. During my consultations at various clinics in Seoul it was BK, Oz and ID who lied and claimed no sagging would occur. While all the other clinics had honest surgeons who admitted it is a sure thing. The degree to which sagging occurs depends on whether the patient is a candidate. This would require the 3d ct scan. Many young people don't truly understand the consequences of these procedures until they get older because for them, sagging is mild as their muscles are still strong enough to provide support. But as we age it weakens and without the bone strucuture as support the sagging becomes more visible.

Hey K,

I see what your saying but if it does have a 100% sagging rate why would individuals consider it? Is there any other method where you can attain the same results and avoid the sagging? Like even other slightly less effective procedures for gaining for the V shape?

I went in last month at Dream for facial conturing . Dr kim suggested me to do zygoma reduction . He claimed no sagging by his technic.... They charged me $50 for 3d ct scan if i want to consult with dr. Kim . But i want to get a CD after ...they charged around $70... They finally quoted me around $7500 for zygoma reduction. I havnt end up doing surgery with them yet

Sorry K Couture i forgot where i read in here and tried to look for it with no luck.. But you have mentioned Lateral Canthoplasty is one of the non recommended surgery - just like how 2 jaw surgery is dangerous - could you share your opinion on Lateral Canthoplasty ? Sorry i have read so much and i forgot where i got the info . Thanks K

hrmm when i consulted with him he never said that. He actually told me it will always occur and for me it will be more significant than other patients as i am not suited for the reduction since my issue is soft tissue.

I don't think 50 for 3d ct is expensive. While some clinics offer it for free, they usually do so only if they feel you will actually get the surgery done with them. Plus I paid 450 in Australia for my ct, and this was after being subsidized by medicare. And i think u mentioned before it was like 300 plus they quoted u initially yeah? But 70 for a cd is too expensive. I hope you didn't pay for that :S As i mentioned in my thread about consult experiences in Seoul, they charged me 20 dollars for the cd. Without knowing your original condition, is 7500 for zygoma before discount? For generally straightforward cases its usually 5-6 i believe.

Problem with all these clinics is that what you get quoted and charged is so dependant on the consultants at the clinic as they are in charge of discussing price. If you are unlucky and get the wrong consultant you can get quoted less than desirable price. This really applies to all clinics.

i read some case studies on it and the rate of failure is something to consider. Revision is also difficult to correct with this procedure. In one of the threads someone posted a blog link to a surgeon in Seoul who specializes in correcting failed lateral canthos, with images of what can occur due to complications and surgical failure. Ummm i read that months ago on the forum so i can't remember exactly what thread it is. Also Dr Lee from VIP told me during my consult that they do not perform the lateral cantho because its a risky procedure with too many potential complications. He further added that as we age our muscles weaken and eyes droop downwards. Hence, the lateral cantho can have negative effects as we age. One such is the red portion of the eye socket being visible

I asked him if i will get any sagging in the future.. He said no ... I keep asking the same question and i asked why... He said he has his own technic ... I was like... Oh ok .. ~_~

I paid $70 for consultation and CD
$7,500 is the price before discount... I havnt asked for the discount cos i had some other places to visit....

I went to Everm and white clinic.. So far i like Everm the most.. Dr. Yoon and Gahee were so nice and friendly and always listened to my questions. They took a lot of my pix also i had to to do 3d ct scan again cos they couldnt read Cd from Dream. The consultation and 3d scan are free at Everm. They showed me the price card .. All surgeries fee are on that laminating price card but all in korean tho except the number lol. For zygoma reduction costs $5000 if i pay cash they will discount to $4500.

How odd my consult with him was the complete opposite and he took the time to explain to me in medical detail about why i shouldn't do the zygoma reduction and why sagging always occurs for everyone, but to different degrees.

I actually never had to pay for my ct scan at dream. Some people do and some don't it depends on which consultant you get and if they feel you are serious about getting surgery. Its a way for ROI and deter random ppl who are just looking to inquire out of curiousity from using the expensive ct unnecessarily. I had that problem too with the scan cd. I showed it to my surgeon in Melbourne and his computer couldn't read it. I think some kind of software may be required.

Looks like you've found a clinic that you are set on. What method are they using to perform the procedure? Let us know how it goes and good luck with your surgery!

Im pretty chicken right now tho . Everm and dream suggested me to do zygoma to achieve the less wide face but white clinic dr. told me its not gonna change much cos of my wide forehead. So confusing..
Dr.yoon at everm will perform the surgery on my front and side cheeckbone to make it smaller also at the same time he will lift the muscle to prevent the sagging. He said it 's still has a chance to sag..... From my pix on his computer he showed i dont have much 45 degree protruding but quite wide frontal view. Sometimes i feel annoyed when i look at the mirror i think my face is pretty round with my cheeckbone and cheeks ...
Im deciding to do it or leave it.... Im all scared of the result like uneven cheeckbones or drooping Anybody had zygoma reduction experience plz share...

Im also debating about going to Japan for my surgeries instead of korea- since they're known to be more detailed oriented and has work ethic - i wanted to create a thread for it but im too new - what are your thoughts on japanese plastic surgery ? - im aware that it is more expensive and there are less ps places to look at -