BeautyHacker

My plastic surgery with Dream Medical Group

data concerning the lifetime of silicone hasn't been widely available for the ultra soft types and I believe it negates the 20 year life span of the older hard type silicones. Its best to consult surgeons who use the ultra soft to confirm its longevity tho.

Dr Park seems to use fat graft and diced cartilage together as an implant alternative. I think one of our members may have had it done recently if you look back in this thread to find her username. My guess for this method is that instead of using fascia, the graft acts as a putty to hold the cartilage together. I've only seen one recent case for this done by dr park but the fat graft and cartilage was only used at the very top of the bridge as the patient only wanted a tipplasty and not a bridge augmentation. She did the entire procedure through closed method too and i thought it looked great. Since it was done recently the longevity of the fatgraft is yet to be seen tho.

hope that helps x

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, that person would be me! I actually had my nose done at Dream via that method (tipplasty + diced cartilage mixed with fat then injected into the bridge). The reason I went with that method for the bridge was because I was worried about silicon infection rates, shifting, extrusion, and general complications. Also, due to some slight deviation in my nose and facial structure (which Dr Park mentioned he could not fix without the rest of my face looking deviated - so we left that alone), I was worried the silicone implant would make the deviation look even more obvious.

The tipplasty turned out nice and pretty natural, but sadly most of my bridge is gone (as far as I can tell from the official before/after photos I took from the clinic the day of surgery and the day bandages came off 7 days post op). I only needed a 2-2.5 mm augmentatation for the bridge, but I don't see any difference at all in the pics! (even some of the nurses mentioned "hmm... it's... extremely natural") Natural is great, but I do wish there was *some* change at least in the bridge after going through all that. It could be that I just happened to absorb it quickly, and it's supposed to vary from individual to individual.

On the bright side, it does look almost like I had nothing done, but I do see improvement in the more refined tip when viewed in person! In photos, however, it looks like there's not a ton of difference for either bridge or tip (perhaps because cameras tend to generally flatten the subject?). I'm around 17 days post op, so we'll see if it continues to deswell and change further after another month or two, as I recall reading somewhere that there may still be changes a few months later.

I'm debating whether to go in for a top up on the fat + new diced cartiilage, go in for a silicon revision, or just leave it alone as is... we'll see after a few months!

I'd love to hear how others' experiences were with the fat mixed with diced cartilage method - perhaps others had more success with this method? :smile:

thanks for the update! I'm very interested in that method just because Im keen to learn about new advances to cosmetic technology. Did you notice a significant height increase in the bridge using this method at first? I know you said you had absorption so how much remains? If you compare before and after from the 45 degree profile is change noticable for the bridge?

Also, it is common, as you deswell to notice more definition and height. This is in part due to the sides of your inner mid cheek experiencing swelling which conceals the true height obtained from augmentation. Anyways thanks for sharing and look forward to your update!

Hi Wishingstar,
How is your recovery now? Are you back to work yet? Do you experience your nose heavy and pulling down whenever you bend down or your head down? I have a few friends experienced that until the fourth week. I would like to know how long is the best time to go back to work. Oh, it seems that I would like to go the same way you did for your nose.
Cheers

Peachy, I asked the same thing about fg too, cos there's no way I want my face to look even wider -I want a skinny, egg-shaped face!

Interestingly, I was told that fg at the strategic parts of your face can make your face look livelier and narrower (cos it appears more 3D). When your face is flat, it can appear wider. For example, if you have a flat forehead, the upper portion of your face could look recessed as compared to your jaw, making your jaw look wider in comparison -fg in forehead could potentially help balance things out.

Yeah that's exactly what I'm aiming for. I don't want to make my face any bigger, just make the face line even and fuller. I never thought that fg could make a face skinnier! I'm more intrigued now. However, I'm concerned about the absorption rate people talk about. I don't want to do it and then have to keep injecting.

Well you can do things to actively reduce ure absorption rate. if u are mindful and maintain your fg by minimizing muscle movement (botox yay!), not smoking, improve blood circulation and you get a good surgeon who perform the procedure well, the most u will require is a 2nd top up as most ppl do. Some ppl get really lucky and only require one fg because they have low absorption rate.

I heard taking Q10 helps too

what does q10 do?

K I going korea Nov and already got my list of clinic thanks to you and other people so helpful. I now also thinking about cartilage plus fat graft method some of you been talking about. You recomend or not? I know you say you no like using cartilage for bridge part but this one got add fat graft too so what you think?

Aiya I wish I can take work leave this month to go korea because you be there also. Will feel not so nervous if can ask you for advice haha. Even though I research, there is many many information I read and what different doctor say sometimes hard to tell which is correct because what they say sometimes so different

I was hoping to get the same thing done too. Doesn't seem worth it if it disappears after a few months. Might as well get nose injections that don't require your own body tissue.

Hi All, I'm new here. I'm glad ppls are sharing their experience here. As I enquiry on another PS hospital I was told to make a 50% deposit to secure the surgery appointment. Does the payment for Dream works the same, if I choose not to do the 'walk in' consultation in Korea itself. Although I did emailed Dream like only yesterday to enquire more but I believe the reply won't be as fast as the current one I'm looking at.

no don't put down the deposit for surgery before u meet ure surgeons. Only the most atrocious clinics will request a patient to put money before meeting the surgeon. Dream only requests the deposit of 10% to confirm ure surgery date after u have met the surgeons and been well assessed. Tho it seems for periods where they are not busy the deposit is not required. I know some forumers who went and got their work done there who never had to pay deposits, myself included but that's cos they didn't seem to have many patients vying for the surgical slot at the same time.

Unji will reply to you in approx 2 business days if you email their general inbox. That's the response I've been getting anyway. And as K said, don't put down anything before you are sure you want to have surgery there. And that won't be before you meet the surgeon who will be performing on you. There's too much competition for you to agree on something like that in Gangnam.

Anyway I have a question for anyone who have visited the clinic. I requested for Daphne but it's her day off on the day I land. Has anyone dealt with Unji before? If she's just as nice and friendly, I might just go with her as Dream is the one I want to visit nice and early instead of waiting over the weekend. What do you guys think ?