BeautyHacker

My plastic surgery with Dream Medical Group

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually believe you can get away with under 6k USD quite easily as long as your case does not require the use of autologous grafting. But without seeing your nose condition i cannot give you a good estimate. Also u do not want to request a quote from any clinic, dream included, before your consultation with the surgeon. As the consultants are required to quote you the highest end of the spectrum, you lose bargaining power should your surgery be less expensive after the surgeon examines you. It means pricing will very likely be quoted down from the initial projected amount which can very well mean it will not be in your favour.

You can add me to kakao (id: kcouture) and show me your nose if you want and i can advise you better that way. Maybe you might be suitable for a tutelage graft like what i used with my revision. In my case i had extrusion of diced cartilage near the top of my bridge and Dr Park mended it by using tutelage to protect my nose. It basically acts as a layer of protection and also grows into the protruded skin tissue. Its not suitable for every case tho so this method varies from patient to patient.

They have an aftercare facility as in you can stay overnight in the ward if you choose to. But its usually not necessary for revision rhino patients (i did tho lol). Mostly its V line or more invasive procedures where the ward facility is more ideal so they can monitor your condition overnight. Their general after care is great too. Just request Daphne as your client manager. Unji is also lovely and some of the other forumers also said Jasinee gives good service too. I had daphne as mine and i was an absolute C word to her from the very start LOL. Demanding diva much? But she never complained and still was always attentative to my demands. Even let me take home a humidifier from the ward cos i was too lazy to go buy one haha. But yeh i bought her cake before i left cos i felt bad after :P

Hi K couture! Thanks for the informative post. =) does that mean I should ditch the email exchange and walk in for a better price? That totally explains why I find the price quoted in the email rather high. And if I walk in will they be able to secure a date for me within a week or so? I'm planning to stay for 2 weeks at most. I have read that some dr are fully booked for 2 months! Sorry for the amount of questions... And thanks in advance!!

Thank you so much for the wonderful insight and advice. Yeah I tend to be the quiet type so I don't talk much so I guess I'll have to change that. Not much of a bargainer either lol.

I want to do primary double eyelid surgery and nose surgery so I haven't found anyone who has done primary at Dream yet to get a price from them.

So I got my nose and eyes done just 2 days ago and I'm kind of panicking because I notice I'm getting more and more swollen and uneven. I'm also becoming uneven in places I didn't even get surgery :/ Is there anyone on here that can give me any feedback please?? I tried to call the clinic but it's almost 5am in Korea so no answer...so ya I'm really needing some advice pleaseeeeeee... I'd really, really appreciate it.

lol? calm down its normal haha. swelling peaks at day 3 then from that point onwards it begin to go down. Its also very common to experience uneven swelling. In that uneven swelling occurs more often. Swelling also moves downwards btw. So for example if you get your forehead done, swelling will move to the eyes. If you get your nose done, you will notice your mid cheek region may be swollen too. Be patient and give it 2 weeks, you'll be fine when swelling dissipates

Actually, i know there are 4 different types of hydro injection: like only hydro, botox plus hydro, hydro plus PRP, etc.

but i did ask my frd and she said should be alright to do all the procedures, i will update u gals this weekend :graucho::graucho:super excited, wish me luck!!!!

u did botox to calves in korea??? is it useful??

Nope, didnt do it in Korea. Just my local Dr. I don't know if it's useful yet. Different surgeons do it different ways, and my Dr do it 5 different times with each 3 months apart. I've only had my first one, so will see. Some Dr do it in one go, not sure which one is better but some comments on realself.com says the way my Dr does can last longer.

which type r u gonna do? yesh pls share the effects with us xx

noooo u can ask questions in the email regarding methodology and what your options are etc but avoid discussing price for the reasons i mentioned. do not walk in either as you may not even get to consult with the surgeons should they be busy. They actually spend more time performing procedures than consulting so at times the wait may be longer. Thus, if u are flying all the way down to Seoul why would you risk not being able to meet the surgeon. Also it doesnt matter whether or not you are a walk in, in the sense that it won't affect your price. You must know the value of the surgeon in comparison to the price range of your procedure(s). Then you can bargain accordingly. If you go in like a headless chicken you will never get a good price no matter where you go.

Act i wanna do botox plus hydro, but im doing fg wif prp, dont know whether can do all these in one trip, i nd to ask dr first and will update u :smile:

thanks for ur info, i will ask dr in korea!! as my frd done it once in korea and she claimed is useless

I personally think there's no harm to ask for an initial price to have a gauge. Coz so far the clinics I visited never used the price they quote me on email anyways. But just used it as reference and don't bargain in email (they won't be able to tell accurately until they see you face-to-face anyways). I would expect the initial price to be higher than actual price as that's before discount and also you might not need all the procedures they assumed.

I really hate it when the consultant said "oh the quote in the email is old/incorrect" or "oh we just raised the price". I think that's total BS.

Anyways, so far no clinic gives me a higher than email price after I met the surgeon.

Hey K! Thanks a lot for the response...I realize now I was kinda panicking prematurely :/ In hindsight I really I was really mentally unprepared for the posy-surgery experience. Things are looking a lot better wit both my eyes and nose. Swelling has reduced and I'm already starting to see the results of my nose :smile: The curved shape Im going for is apparent! The plan was to go to Dream for the nose since I really wanted the closed rhinoplast surgery and then Teium for my eyes since they are really well known for being the best eye clinic. I first wen to Teium and they are super professional and Dr.Kwon has had tons of great reviews about his work so I was set in my mind to go there. Oh ya so after u left Korea i went to Dream for my nose consult where i actually bumped into Denise who was there for her post-opt check out and her eyes looked amazzinng! Which naturally made me inquire about my doing my eyes wit Dr.Park at the same time lol. they offered me a really good price for the combo surgery since I was already going to do my nose there. Although i had an overall positive experience at Teium and i had no doubt that they would do a good job, i found their pricing a bit steep.