BeautyHacker

My plastic surgery with Dream Medical Group

Ideally, I'd have a clear, confident consultation with Dr. Park / Dream, and get it one two three mission accomplished done with him. But I believe the procedures I'm getting are basic, simple, and easy for most competent surgeons...

Eyes:
- Upper blepharoplasty (to remove excessive fat/tissue/muscle) (definite)
- Lower blepharoplasty (fat removal and redistribution, to lessen bulge and dark circles) (maybe)

Nose:
- Tip-plasty (tip projection with ear or donor cartilage, to make tip sharper / and nose base narrower) (definite)
- Ultra soft silicone implant to augment bridge (in case tip-plasty alone won't give me the definition / nose narrowing effect I'd like) (maybe)

Sorry for hijacking this thread! But I'm getting closer to my 10 posts hehe! :P

I'm wondering if it'd be advisable to do both upper and lower eyelids at the same time. If I do all of the above, I'm worried pain/swelling will be too much for me to handle, b/c I'll be traveling alone.. Since my point of reference for eyes is, any little thing makes them feel swollen... so both at the same time might be overwhelming... but then again, after fat removal maybe it's nothing... but then, would I be able to handle the pain/discomfort on my own... any thoughts or comments on this?

Either way I'll probably go food shopping first to supply me 3-4 days in case I don't / can't get out of bed b/c of swelling/pain after the operation.

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 months already for me. I still have 50 percent. If I had ceased smoking completely I would have retained more :sad: Like I noticed a week after i began smoking my most loved Vogue Menthols ma damn forehead shrank too!!!! Dr Park warned me of this but i just couldn't help myself :S

Hello everyone! :biggrin:

This forum has been extremely helpful! Cheers to all!

I'm planning on going to Korea for my primary nose job by the end of March. My nose is very similar to Michelle Phan's old nose.

I don't want anything too dramatic. I don't want the "Korean nose". Lots of people want that but it's just not for me. I want an augmentation (ultra soft silicone please, no to rib cartilage thank you) and probably a tiplasty. I may also need nasal reduction.

I've seen some Korean stars that have high bridges but still have bulbous noses - I don't want that and I'm scared I may get that if I don't get alar reduction (I don't want a high bridge to begin with) But I've also seen some whose nose just looks a bit off because the alars are a bit weird looking - I'm also scared I may get that if I get my alars reduced :confused1:

I just want a slightly smaller (not too slight that there's no difference but slight in the sense that my friends won't know) more defined version of my nose now. I just wish my future surgeon is also skilled mind reader so he/she will exactly know what I want. One can only dream haha

I will probably stay in Korea for 2 weeks at most because I need to go back to Toronto mid-April. Wiht the above procedure, how is the swelling after two weeks? None of my friends don't know I'm having my nose done and I don't want it to be too obvious.

Thank you!

Hi hi ~ for what I know within 2 week it will not swell as bad already. But can still be visible. Its does Greatly depends on individual recovery speed and if I am not wrong, the clinic do have treatment to speed up the recovery. I also did read from ppls post saying to drink lots of pumpkin juice as it can helps too.

Usually,when one does rhinoplasty, it can be easily differentiate as compared to ppls who did nothing..know what u want before going for any surgery.

I'm also going end of March till mid April from toronto! I'm getting my first rhinoplasty. I want a dramatic change but have a natural look as well.

Often unless alars are truly wide, tip projection is sufficient in narrowing the nostrils. A good surgeon will refrain from alar reduction unnecessarily so as to consider the elasticity of the nasal tip.

Anyways I'm not trying to scrutinize you or anything but a few things you mentioned concerned me and I feel it be beneficial for you to take into consideration.

a) You mentioned that you wanted a slightly smaller nose whereby its noticable but that your friend's wouldn't be able to tell its been surgically altered. This is an extremely disfavourable condition you are placing on your potential results because to begin with, your ideal nose is subjective. To top it off, if you require it to be natural to the point your friend's won't even notice then it has to follow their subjective perception too and not just yours. I have found that people who request natural looking and slight enhancements for fear others may find out they had surgery tend to end up unhappy. Due mainly to the results being too subtle. At some point we have to acknowledge anything that is a visible improvement will be noticed by others. Its more a matter of noticable improvements which look natural. That is for example, a more defined tip and higher bridge without looking like the nose is stiff or the tissues are overtly stretched beyond its elasticity.

b) You also mentioned you wish your surgeon is a skilled mind reader. My advice would be to never assume your surgeon can read your mind. I always assume there is a disconnect between me and my surgeon and will make the effort to empirically ensure my surgeon knows exactly what I want to achieve and what methodology I would like him to use. One great way of doing this is to photoshop in a realistic manner and then discuss with the surgeon the best proposed approach for achieving your desired aesthetic.

Swelling depends on the individual and the surgeon. If the surgeon is skilled he can minimize tissue damage during incisions and seperating the layers. This will cause less swelling. If you have thicker skin or a more bulbous tip, you will swell for a longer period of time. Either way there's a number of things you can actively do, supplements you can take and treatments you can undergo to speed up the deswelling process. Generally superficial swelling is 2-3 weeks and residual swelling takes 6 months to fully dissipate. After superficial swelling is down you prettty much look normal and often it is the case where only you and those close to you are aware you are still swollen. Your final results will only be visible after majority of residual swelling has gone, then your nose will take its final shape.

Hi K Couture, I also saw your other reply mentioning usually alar reduction is not recommended. I am relatively new to PS, what other options are out there which would make the nose appear smaller?
Your advice is appreciated.

Tip projection via tipplasty is the other option. You see when your tip is projected it will as an added effect narrow your nostrils too because everything is interconnected. A defined nose is not just narrow alars but defined ones too (not rounded). Alar reduction reduces width but on its own it doesn't change the rounded shape of alars typical of Asians.

Here's a good way for you to see the effect yourself. Grab some cotton buds or satay sticks(not the sharp end lol). Go in front of the mirror. Stick the sticks into your nostrils and then pull it outwards. Notice that just through tip projection your nostrils are narrowed and the shape changes. That is why often tip projection is sufficient unless the patient has significantly wide alars.

K Couture,
I really apreciate your detailed explanation :amuse:
You are such an experienced & attentive forumor here. Many thanks!

Anyways I thought I'd get some opinions going, especially for those who have had face lifts before. At this point I'm soon about to undergo a face lift to mitigate the nasolabial folds. The procedure will be done by pulling the tissues to the side rather than ascending diagonally. I have a few issues:

1) It is unconventional to pull the tissues to the sides. However my concern is the slanting of the eyes which can occur after a facelift. I've experienced that when I had my concentric malar lift years ago so I want to avoid that. By pulling manipulating the tissues to the sides I can prevent that however I have not known any surgeons to ever perform the lift like this before seeing as its not the conventional method nor the most efficient.

2) The surgeons I consulted with all think I'm too young for a lift. And while the smacs and the macs lift can help in decreasing the naso folds, they are far more efficient for the lower face. I do not require any lifting for my lower face.

3) I was propositioned 3 types of lifts, Smas, Macs or Omega lift (fancy thread lift lol). Im definitely against the Smas because it takes 4 hours and too invasive. Macs will take 2.5 hours and Omega is by farrrr the least invasive but Im concerned with results being too subtle and not long lasting. Ive even heard of cases where after the effect of the thread lift has run out it causes more sagging :S. So really its between the Macs and Omega lift.

4) I had to pretty much force my surgeon to perform the Macs lift because he felt while it was suitable for my expectations, it wasn't efficient for my age and the degree of improvement didn't warrant the nature of the procedure.

5) Because I am pulling my tissues to the side I have concerns that my alars will widen. And I love my current nose and would hate for it to change. Fix one problem and another comes up :S. I'm really trying to be preemptive at the moment.

Sooooooo any thoughts? Any advice? I'm usually quite decisive but this time there's too many factors to consider and a degree of unknown seeing as lifts are not traditionally performed in the manner which I have requested.

well that was one of top proposed method which I shot down actually. Its because while FG and fillers can add dimension to one's face, it cannot give sharp defined angles. And that is my aesthetic ideal. I've never been a fan of the korean soft aesthetic but rather I identify more with defined angular features. Angelina cheekbones in maleficent anyone?

Got it! Angelina is my favorite celebrity! But unfortunately I'm unable to rock the svelte look lol. Good luck sharpening your latest definition!