BeautyHacker

My plastic surgery with Dream Medical Group

Cannot agree more with the above comments. I was just speaking with another forum member (I won't name who or where she went so you can research for your own knowledge) about this. She went with a clinic just for price alone and ended up depressed and having to make revision trips which cost her more than double what she initially paid and still isn't happy.

Please please please do extensive research and have realistic expectation. As with everything, think...what would I do if life doesn't turn out the way I want it to? Are you prepared (both mentally and financially) to fix it?

Oops forgot to say yes that's Dr Park from Oz. I know what you mean. I was set on him too from his emails but then I realised we downplays everything so I just got this bad feeling about him. When I read your experience consulting him, I knew that it was the right decision hold off my trip. So glad I did! :smile: in saying that, I will prob still visit him when I'm in korea cos you know..gotta see for yourself! :smile: but now my knowledge of PS is much broader and less naive and I have other clinics on my list

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey K! How are you? Was wondering how old you were when you had the concentric malar lift?
Would you recommend any other surgeries to rectify sagging upper cheek fat? Or do you think this would be the ideal surgery?

I was recommended fat grafting to my cheek area but I refused in the case i looked chubbier.. But now that I've had facial liposuction in my jowls area I realise fat moved/added to my frontal cheek area would improve my appearance a lot.

i was 21 when i had the concentric malar lift. This method is far superior to the paranasal as it completely alleviates any creasing and folds without an uncomfortable implant. It feels completely natural and actually works. Whereas the paranasal i feel, is as much a gimmick as the smile surgery. And its really not that effective. It takes any sagging tissue and brings it to the mid cheek region, holds with sutures and hydroxyappatite granules mixed with your blood which fuses with the bone. The other alternative to rectify sagging is a full face lift but at your age its not recommended. And its even more invasive than the concentric malar lift.

But i have to caution you on one thing is that you have typical asian skin, which is thicker with more fatty tissue. If you do op for that procedure you would want to be more conservative on the lift and maybe use less hydroxy too. Problem with this procedure is that when performed on individuals with thicker skin and fattier tissue, it can make the mid face too volumous. When one's mid face is too volumous, it will affect the 45 degree angle too and make you look wider from that view.

I have definitely crossed off the paranasal augmentation from my list after seeing so many bad reviews. I saw the results for BonQiuQiu on her blog and honestly, i don't see much of a difference and not only that, her smile looks awkward now.

So with the concentric malar lift, are the fats pulled up and out wards toward the ears or more so up toward the eyes? I'm more worried about looking wide from the front as I have wide cheekbones than on my 45 degree profile.
Also, do you mind me asking how much I should be expecting to pay roughly? I think it's time I start savings for my next surgery hahah

Hi! I had a consultation with Dr Park at Dream this week regarding rhinoplasty, and he actually suggested filling the bridge with diced cartilage mixed with fat - which would then be injected into the bridge. He didn't mention wrapping it in fascia... I specifically remember he said the cartilage/fat mix would be injected. He recommended this method after I mentioned I had some hesitations about using silicone and said around 70% of the volume should stay.

Has anyone ever heard of this method / ever done this before?

Curious as to all of your thoughts on this proposed method for bridge augmentation!

Hrm that is really interesting. I have never heard of that method before. But it sounds like a more structured form of the dermis graft. Im very curious now! Is it injected via the nostril or is it administered as it would be a filler? Is it moulded in after it is administered? How finely are the cartilage diced? How structured is the implant material?

sorry for all the questions. I have a keen interest in different methods for procedures i've gone through before.

Hi fruitsjunkie, does everm have a translator? Cos it's stated in their website that we have to engage a translator for ourselves... Perhaps they just brought in a team!?

Hey KCouture, happy to share! From the consultation, it sounds like it would be administered like a filler via injectioj to the bridge directly. The diced cartilage wouod be ear/septal left from what he uses for the tip. It sounds like this is what the recommends for people who are hesitant about silicone. He did say silicone has less risk of migrating ((since it's fixed to the bone), but it sounds like the injected fat/silicone method mayyy be less likely to get infected (due to it being autologous)? He did not mention wrapping it in fascia though...not sure why.

From searching through past posts, it looks like a forumer had this done by him in 2011, but I couldn't find any additional patient data onabsorption, satisfaction rate, etc. Sounds like the result will be more natural than silicone though (ie: only 70% will remain says dr park).

He also said the auto dermis isn't good for my case since the minimum length would be too long (for donated), and he didn't recommend harvesting it from myself due to invasiveness.

For the bridge, he recommended septal cartilage for the columnella strut and harvesting ear for the tip graft.

Have a lot of you guys had ear cartilage harvested before for the tip?

Curious as to how the recovery is for the ear wound and if there are permanent visible scars behind the ear?

Also, those of you who have grafts on the tip...does your tip move at all, or is it 100% hard and fixed?

my silicone nose looks completely natural i have to say so i can't fathom how much more natural this method can make it look. But i imagine this one may feel more natural tho. Hrm i think the reason why fascia is not required (and its better because harvesting fascia was a bit icky when i experienced it. I had these staples to my scalp :S) is because the fat is used to fuse the diced cartilage into place. Have you seen what happens to fat when left out? It turns into this tough sticky sludgey substance.

recovery for ear is super easy breezy. No dramas there at all. Only thing you will notice is, compared to the side of the ear that hasn't been harvested, it has less pressure when you push it backwards. My tip when done by charles lee had barely any flexibility. My tip when done my Dr Park has maybe 50% flexibility? By that i mean i can do a partial piggy nose. Its because Dr Park doesn't actually place the silicone implant too close to the tip zone, but rather a good distance away. Then the projection he creates at the tip along with the augmentation from the bridge creates a minor gap between both points of your nose. Hence you have the height, the projection and the flexibility. That's what he did for my rhino using ultra soft silicone. I'm not sure if you were to use the fat + diced how the flexbility will be for you tho

Hi KCouture! Thanks for sharing, and your info helps a lot! I'm curious - did you keep the ear cartilage graft on the tip when you did the revision with Dr. Park? If so, that's an impressive amount of mobility.

I had been (perhaps incorrectly?) thinking that it was ear cartilage grafting on the tip that causes lack of mobility (and not a poorly placed silicone implant)!

For my bridge, I'm currently deciding between going with Dr. Park's suggested method (diced cartilage mixed with fat and then injected) or going with one of 2 other surgeons that suggested dermal / dermis graft (harvested from self) for my bridge, since I don't need a large lift (<2 mm). It sounds like partial absorption is guaranteed for both, so every surgeon has said he'll try to overcorrect a bit to start.

Did you consider dermis / dermal fat at all for your bridge, or have you heard any pros/cons about it? (Other than the biggest con which is it's more expensive.)

nope. Dr Park said my ear cartilage was unusable after opening me up. I didn't ask why i just said don't harvest from me so he used irradiated cartilage.

Dermal grafts i opted against after i looked into it because it is too invasive for my liking and i believe the structure is not consistent. Im also part asian so because of my skin type, keloids always occur on my body along with hyperpigmentation. The body also scars alot more easily than the face because the skin is different. Also dr mendelson told me the resorption rate is unpredictable with dermal grafts. If u do a search on the forums there's a couple of threads where people who have had dermal grafts state that after months most of their height is gone due to high absorption. So i would scan through the threads to find their posts to help you make your decision.

I personally still prefer silicone as it gives the best aesthetic results. I also wouldn't worry about infection either because the infection rates really depends on what type of silicone u are using. I mean if anyone were to have an infection it would be me because my skin is extremely thin and damaged from the previous surgery where autologous cartilage extruded out of my skin. If i were to have an infection it would be within the first week because that was when my tissue was at its most fragile. Not only was the extruded cartilage remove, i had to have tissue excised to remove the implants too. But yet i healed with no problems.

I'm currently in Korea and I had consultation with dr Park on Friday. Actually I expected him to be a nice and open minded person after reading your thread but I'm disappointed. He's polite, he seems to be a skilled surgeons but he didn't talk much. I didn't have a real exchange with him, I asked questions and he asnwered in a general way. he's a calm person, sometimes he did smile slightly but I couldn't feel comfortable with him. But Daphne, she's an angel! She's cute, gentle, she took care of me during the consultation and offered me a very good deal. The consultant too, she was soooo nice. They didn't give me the "commercial / marketing attitude" that bothers me like other clinics. I felt so comfortable with these two girls that I almost got my operation there, but finally I visited other clinics and feel like dr Park's nose style wasn't my favourite. I'll get the operation tomorrow, I'll surely make a thread about it to help others going to Seoul for revision rhinoplasty like me.