BeautyHacker

My plastic surgery with Dream Medical Group

Hi K,

Great thanks for that advice..I sent pics to Dr.Park just to be sure and they said it was ok for me to remove it yay! I'm tempted to get some skin treatments done now lol..most for fine lines around the eyes and just an overall skin rejuvenation...can you tell me anything about that by chance? Thanks :smile:

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for fine lines i'd look into fraxel and c02 laser and skin rejuvenation the hydro injection. Out of the the three i've only tried fraxel tho. However I only used it for my nose and cheeks where my pores are more noticable. Loved the results and my pores have shrunk noticably. For fine lines I know it works but you may need a series of treatments first before you can notice result.

Dear k couture. Do u mind sharing ur b&a photo with me? My email [email protected] thanks a lot if u don't mind.

Actually just an update. So now its just over 6 months since my revision rhino, which means its pretty much at its final state after all residual swelling has dissipated and what not. I never thought my nose would actually change but it did! My friend pointed out to me that my nose no longer has that ski dip shape which koreans love so much. Those who have been following this thread would have read that I initially asked for a straight nose but ended up with a ski dip nose. This I really didn't mind because it was still really well done and most importantly, Dr Park had fixed my bumpy humped and extruded nose. Anyways as I got over the psycho-analysing my face everyday phase, I didn't realize that over time my nose had become dead straight, which was exactly what I wanted.

So i was trying to figure out how it actually morphed into its current shape. This is my logic. As Dr Park said there will be resorption of the irradiated ear cartilage and auto dermis in my tip and collumela but I would not lose outward projection but rather volume and density in the implants. I believe that after this resorption had taken place, along with residual swelling dissipating, the tip went down very slightly which changed the angles in my nose to now make it straight rather than the ski dip shape it was before. So likewise, I am assuming that for individuals who want the permanent ski dip shape, the method may be to increase the upward projection and size of cartilage implanted into the tip and collumela to take into account resorption.

• 2 weeks later...
Sooooo...I’m kinda annoyed at the moment cause I asked Dr.Park if I could get an alarplasty but he said no…so then I actually asked other surgeons the same thing but they all said no too. They all said it would look unnatural and too narrow for me but I'm just thinking if they narrow it a smalllll amount then it'd look nice. Shouldn't what the patient want matter most? And isn’t it just a matter of reducing the nostrils a bit…as long as I'm happy with the result isn't that all that matters? Everyone has a different idea of what is beautiful.

miss thang if every surgeon is telling you that you do not need it, then you really don't. It is also acknowledged by medical professionals that instead of an alar reduction, they prefer to use tip projection to narrow the nostrils and change the shape from round to oval/triangularish. Alar reduction when unwarranted can limit the potential to maximum tip projection too, hence why I suggest you listen to the surgeons advice. Reason why even tho you may want a procedure, but a surgeon is unwilling to perform it, is due to an issue of ethics. To perform a procedure which is unsuitable for a patient can have consequences which may be interpreted as negligence on the part of the surgeon.

Anyway from your description I think your nose is narrow enough as it is but you are just being too much of a perfectionist lol. I advise you to listen to the surgeons who say no to the alar reduction. If they were after money they would just do it. But their refusal shows concern for your well being.

Hello.
I heard that rhinoplasty bridge silicon can shift in time. Do you do special massages to prevent that some happening?

New to the forums and so glad I found it!

I had my primary back in 2010 and the results were great but I've recently noticed my implant curving and it's causing slight pain every so often. I booked a consultation with Charles Lee in Beverly Hills and he assured me that he was able to take the silicone implant out and use my own cartilage because it's the "best".
After reading about him and other negative reviews so glad I won't be going to him for revision.

What I don't understand is that, why after all these years did it want to shift and start to hurt? I got the "i" shaped silicone implant too so, I'm a bit bummed out.

By the way, how in the world do you get all the money for surgery??? You must have an awesome job because for my primary, I literally worked everyday after classes, haha. And I'm not looking forward to paying more for my revision but, oh well.

K, do you recommend acculift first over the midfacelift or the other way around?
And would working out help to speed up the acculift results?

Thanks for the info.

I almost forgot, I read that you used donor but, from the articles I've dug up most doctors were concerned that the body would reject it over time?

Did Dr. Park chime his views on this? I'm very interested in possibly going the donor route this time around.

any type of implant has the potential to shift, not just silicone. Deviation/shifting of implant can be negated however, through placement technique. The one which Dr park uses is the 2 pocket placement technique. He seals the implant under the periostieum, which is a muscle above the bone. Then he creates a pocket at the top of your bridge as an added hold. When he performed it on me I had two stitches coming out from the top part of my bridge. This was done to "lock in" the top pocket. The stitch was removed after 5 days. With this method you don't need to worry about implant shifting unless god forbid you get into a horrible accident.

Sorry another thing. So if it's on the bone, it will be solid there. It won't grind on to the bone??

Hey K Couture,

I've been through a lot of the threads and this has already been rehashed multiple times, but I wanted your opinion on this particular issue since you're a fair bit more experienced than most of us when it comes to cosmetic surgery.

Ideally, none of us would want to have to undergo a revision. Some say that silicone implants cause thinning of the tissue over time and that it's 'inevitable' that you'll have to get it replaced.

However, if we consider that most of us have thicker skin which is more suited to silicone implants, as well as the fact that we now have the option of ultra-soft silicone, do you think it's possible for the implant to last a lifetime or, at least, a few decades (accidents/deviation/infection aside)?

Edit: Before I forget, could you add me on Kakao? I was hoping to get my hands on that lovely food list of yours + wanted your opinion on my face. My ID is Nilesy. Thanks!

Thanks for the information. Also which hotel did you stay in? The dreams recommended ones were either extremely expensive or just really bad. Most had bad reviews.