BeautyHacker

Seoul PS Consultations Tips

My consultation at Dream took 3 hours. Commuting to the clinic took 30 minutes in traffic. You should definitely plan for this if you don't want to be late for other appointments. Dream was my last stop so I didn't miss any appointments but it was such a pain to wait so long. It wasn't a walk-in appointment either, I had scheduled it beforehand.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi pacsky,
Dream charge for 3d scan right? So which clinic that doesn't charge for 3d scan, can you let me know? Because I heard we have to pay around 100$ for 3d scan. I just want to save money :/
Thank you very much

Ah I see Davincci :smile:
If it scan in cd so we can carry around to other clinic that we are going to consult with later right?

Yes that's what I did. As it's not good to be under radiation so many times, highly recommend to get a CD from your first and use that for other consultations. but i think i've read it somewhere that some clinics didn't even charge for making CD. Forgot which one tho.

Go to TL. they charge only $30 to make it into CD. I just did that ;) Do note that they do not take the X-rays in addition to CT scan though. I did consult EverM too. EverM took panoramic X-ray because they are interested in fine details of your occlusion as well. They are a full-fledged dental clinic after all. They pay more attention to the potential impact of surgery on your occlusion right at the beginning, which is the right thing to do.

Anyway, the radiation you get from a head CT scan is equivalent to being exposed to natural radiation for 200+days based on FDA's guide. The radiation from a panoramic dental x-ray is probably equivalent to natural radiation of just a few days. So it is still fine.
http://www.fda.gov/radiation-emittingproducts/radiationemittingproductsandprocedures/medicalimaging/medicalx-rays/ucm115329.htm

I did read on page 1 of this thread that someone paid $30 and got a blank disc from TL, so be sure to check the disc before you leave. I did that :smile:

Then I went to EverM. Their counter staff were nice but initially didn't know how to load the CD. I insisted that I will not go under another CT scan so they finally figured it out. Most of the CT scan machines produced data that can be read under Ez3D software (which was already included in the disc anyway), so the CT scan is definitely portable across different clinics. In fact, I loaded it up on my computer to take a look as well :P If the consultant doesn't know how to load the CD and request that you do another CT scan, politely decline it and ask them to figure it out. Your body will thank you for that :smile:

I have already visited TL, EverM and Dream. Will be going to SMPS and Banobagi today. My intention is to do zygoma + jaw reduction and brow lift + ptosis correction. I will share my consultation experience soon. Stay tuned! :smile:

Valuable and important info!! Thanks so much for sharing... Very much looking forward to reading your consultation experience- please keep us posted as I'll be there soon making the same rounds as you are!

is it actually that bad? if you live to be 90 then you get natural radiation for 90*365=32850 days. and most people don't die of cancer even after that much radiation
i don't know, it just doesn't seem as bad as if it was 5 years worth of ratiation. i don't want to be worried too much for no reason, i worry about the surgeries enough already. :sad:

Well put it this way, if I can avoid my exposure to radiation, I would.. even if it means paying for it. Think about it this way: You can take a glass of wine or whiskey a day, that's considered healthy and normal. But if you binge drink, you might have liver failure soon. Same thing with radiaiton... high exposure over a short period of time is just not the same as average exposure evenly stretched out over years.

Hi Paxsky,

You are welcome :smile: I've decided to go with EverM. My surgery is slated to happen tomorrow. I will look into posting more during my recovery period. Now I am preparing myself for jaw reduction and getting a bit nervous!!! Long story short, I felt more comfortable with EverM's Dr. Yoon and the fact that he does nothing but jaw/cheek surgery and he is the one and only doctor in that clinic that does it (no possibility of bait and switch!!). I skipped Banobagi as they did not confirm my appointment. Went to SMPS but was sold other procedures and just didn't feel quite right when I was over there. More to come!!

Good luck oronic. I also like Dr Yoon, find him very professional and nice ;)

Keep us posted on how it goes!

i don't know if this is a silly question, but how do i schedule consultations? i will be in seoul in july and want to get consultations+surgery done as soon as possible... do i make appointments now?