BeautyHacker

Our angel, Dr Kwon from Teuim/AT

U mean i cant even put concealor to cover the epi scar?!!!!
I wanna do partial too, coz i wanna remove some skin

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

North_star, I have corresponded with dr. Kwon also and he suggested a incisional method. I am looking for a revision. My first surgery did not come out too well. Will you send me pic and tell me what you think of his work? If I still go with him, I am going in may/june (few months, waiting for the 6 months from my first surgery mark). I am really nervous and also talked to dr. Hoon Song at Girin. I am not sure which one is better. I know for sure I need medial epi, because after first surgery, my mongolian fold at inner corner is worse and I can feel it more than before. Thank you in advance.

There you go~ my eyes at 2 weeks, w/o makeup. Distance between my eyes was large to start off with, but epi did help a little. I also requested for the doctor to just cut a little of my inner corners, as I didn't want to look too different with sharp corners.

There is also still a little asymmetry between the left and right eye too(my right eye was smaller before because it loosened), but I hope they will eventually even out.... *pray*

Forgot to add, did Dr Kwon explain why he thinks you need incisional? For mine he let me choose between incisional/non-incisional.

Apart from the mongolian fold are there anything else you are unsatisfied with from your recent surgery? Seems like it wasnt too long ago, why dont you wait a few more months and see how it turns out?

Can u post a pic with your eyes closed so I can see the scaring?

yes i can, may i hav ur email address to send u over my photo? tks
coz major problem for me is dark circle and it seems kwon is experienced in fg around eye zone. so i think it will b good to stay with him for darkcircle fg, and somehow... as fat is extracted, i wana put some on chin, temple too~ thats why i pick teuim, or do u hav any good recommendation?

Hello guys! I haven't been on this thread for forever because I got caught up with college and things. Anyways, it was great reading all your posts and I wish you the best in your recovery and journey!
I'm going to Korea over the summer and will be visiting Teium (as well as JW and Banobagi) for DES. Before I wanted full incision because I want to remove skin and I wanted ptosis correction, but after doing some reading and research today, I decided to do partial so there would not be as prominent a scar. (I also find that sometimes if the surgery is not done well, the line of the inner corner part of the eyes look very unnatural, lol)
I don't have any fat in my eyelid, just a lot of skin that pushes down my hidden double folds I currently have. Does anyone know if skin can be removed for partial incision? Or just full?
The scarring is my biggest concern because I'm really going for that natural beauty look. (lol, the irony)
Thanks guys!

@north_star Your eyes look really great!! I'm sorry about the scar on your crease though. Do you mind please posting a picture with your eyes closed so I could see? Also, how was Dr. Kwon able to do ptosis with just partial incision?
BTW about scars,
My aunt (or like my mom's friend or somebody) got double eyelids done in 2001 when she was around 35. I believe it was full incision or at least an incision or some sort. Over Christmas break I saw her for the first time in a while and asked her about her thoughts on her eye surgery. She closed her eyes and the scars were very prominent. Like wow. She said it has gotten worse with age since her skin has gotten less plump and just wrinkly I guess. So, I am quit worried for 20 years down the road when I'm 50. Will the scars look very bad then? I feel like most of the posters on the forums say their scars go away after a year, but none has had them long enough to get old and see how the scars might be worse then.
Sorry for the long post, just a thought as I am VERY scared for scars and unnaturalness.

would be helpful to know where your aunt got it done?

Here's a pic of my eyes closed. You can see the small bumps along the line on the left eye (right in photo). But I think some of it could be from my previous eyelid surgery.

The crease line is still slightly red but I realised the scar fading cream recommended by the clinic is working wonders! I am continuing to apply it diligently..

Your eyes came out wonderful. The asymmetry is not noticeable. I had to look hard to see it. But everyone's eyes have some degree of asymmetry. Your eyes look nice. My eyes did not turn out too well. My right eye, he started the crease in the middle of the eye and placed it too high. It makes my mongolian fold at my inner corner worse. It was not that bad before but now it is at a 45 degree slanted and I have to place a tape close to the inner corner to decrease the pulling towards the outer corner of the eye and create a continues crease from the middle to the inner corner of my eye. I think Dr. Kwon would be able to fix this and lower the crease as well. My left eye has a different problem. The eyelid is flipped up so my eyelashes are upturned and the white area of my eyelid (not my eye) under the eyelashes is visible. I have had to put my eyeliner on it to camouflage it. I am not sure if this is something Dr. Kwon can fix or not. :sad:
I need to ask him why incisional method is what he suggests. Thank you for that suggestion. I am so nervous still and worry if my eyes will come out with more problems if I do the revision. How satisfied are you with your eyes now? I was also checking out Dr. Hoon Song at Girin since I have been seeing a lot of wonderful turn outs. But I think he does a lot of medial and lateral epi and when I asked him about my eyes, he suggested non-incisional, medial epi, lateral epi and fat graft. Dr. Kwon only suggested incisional and medial epi. I am confused...:sad: Would you update us on how your eyes turning out?

North_star, is this your first eyelid surgery or were you doing a revision from a precious surgery? What do you mean by doing partial incision to remove fats off eyelids? I thought you had the non-incisional method.

Sorry for the so many question.

Oh I think I know what you mean about your inner corner.. hope your next revision will turn out great! To be honest, I am still rather bothered about my high crease (makes it look very unnatural) and I think the crease at the inner corners are too high, making my eyes look even rounder than before. I am still hoping that with time, the crease will lower and somehow the line along the inner corner will also lower, though I'm not sure whether that is possible. The asymmetry is another problem too, but so far it is not that obvious so I will just keep monitoring.. Apart from these, I do think the surgery went well, swelling came down quite fast, and no other complications.

Oh, and about the partial incision, I think it was just to remove fats off the eyelids, the ptosis correction was done using the normal non-incisional method.

Oryza, how is your eyes now? I see your post from end of August and it looks good for a day 8. I had eyelid surgery before and at day 8, my eyes look so much worse. Red purplish bruise all around my eyes. It didn't turn out very well and am thinking of going to Dr. Kwon. Can you give me an update how your eyes are doing now?