BeautyHacker

Our angel, Dr Kwon from Teuim/AT

Hi ZWC,

I am considering going to Seoul in May 2015 for eyelid revision. Will be seeing Dr Kwon and a few other surgeons before deciding. You mentioned Girin. Did you see anyone with good eyelid revision results done by Dr Hoong Song?

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When are you going in May? I'm also going in May! Most likely May 10-20

north_star, I think you should not worry about it being too high. I think it will go down. Wait for 2-3 months. I had full incision and by month 3 it went down to about more than half of what it looks like at week 2. Although your eyes do not look as swollen as mine was. But I remember freaking out about it being too high and did not see how it would get any smaller, but it did. I am really worry about getting the epi due to scarring, but after looking at my eyes, I can see why Dr. Kwon recommends epi a lot. because without the epi, just as what happened to my eyes, the doctor created a higher crease and now my mongolian fold is making an even slantier line at the inner corner of my eye and when I open my eye, the presence of my mongolian fold is more pronounced because now it is going from the inner corner of my eye to an even higher crease at the middle part of my eye. Not sure if that makes any sense?

raEEv3, I am going either May 11 to 25 or May 18 to June 1. i am going to e-mail Dr. Kwon and make sure the clinic will be open and that he is not going on to any vacation also make sure there is not any Korean holiday. In case I need to go back to see him for swelling treatment or any question. My sister is coming with me also. If you are going about the same time, we should hang out. I want to plan my consultation time the day I arrive so if I want to get surgery, I can get it the next day and have more time to heal while on vacation. I have to go back to work as soon as I get back.

Hi zwc, my epi was not done well for one eye, resulting in one tapered one parallel, but its just a small difference, like maybe if kwon cut just 1-2mm more , both would have evened out. There is a little scarring at epi ( the side that was not done well) but not noticeable. Similarly, nobody would have notice it was parallel/tapered if I did not point it out to them. Overall, I have received nothing but compliments for my new eyes. I did not do any other surgery other than the eyes, and everyone compliments on how much more prettier I am, as in overall.

So I am pretty much happy with Teuim.

Kwon did say I can go back for revision if I like. For free. But as with all surgeries, revisions are difficult and best avoided. Hence I am contemplating if the minor difference is worth another surgery anot.

hi jillyqueen, would you be able to share how long did it take for your epi scars and the crease scar to fully heal and become unnoticeable ?

I am not sure how he is with revision. I had contacted him as well but he recommended medial and lateral epi, non-incisional revision and fat graft. I see pictures of some people he did eyelid surgery. Very pretty but I am not very sure of how good he is at doing revision. He is a very nice doctor too. I may go and get consultation from both him and Dr. Kwon and then decide who to choose. I do not want lateral epi because I really do not think I need it. Why fix something that is not broken, right? I just don't want anymore reason to be depressed or sad if it causes any scar.

Oryza, yes...I agree with you. If your eyes look pretty, I would not risk it with a revision. Most people eyes are not symmetrical anyway. I would not risk getting into another revision unless there is a problem. jilliqueen said that her scar is finally gone now. I am not sure when she got her surgery, maybe 4 months ago?

Hi everyone!

I had partial incision + epi+ptosis correction at Teium last year and it's been a little over 10 month. I have to say, the thing I'm most impressed with is that honestly there is not ONE bit of scar (for my epi or eyelids). My epi never really scarred actually, it was only red for a couple of days after the stitches were removed and after that I never noticed anything there anymore. HOWEVER, I'm going to get a revision surgery In May with teium this year (already booked my surgery date) because of the asymmetry in my eyes. I'm happy with my right eye, however the epi in my left eye was not done enough and like a forumer has
previously stated, my Mongolian fold was made more noticeable and the double eyelid line is just uh weird looking. I guess overall I can say that I trust dr. kwon a lot still but this asymmetry everyone has is worrying me a little.

xxx

I'm going May 11 (monday).
Can I ask, if you had to pay a deposit to book your date at Teium?

I'm going for a revision which is free so I didn't have to this time. The first time I didn't have to pay deposit for the consultation appointment but once I confirmed I'm getting my surgery done there after the consultation, I had to pay 10 percent of total price as deposit to secure a surgery date.