BeautyHacker

Our angel, Dr Kwon from Teuim/AT

Day 10- The bruises under my eyes have completely disappeared, but I have continued to ice my eyes as my lids are still a bit swollen when I close my eyes or when I look upwards. I don’t -have- to put concealer on my eyelids or under my eyes anymore as they look natural enough for me to go out and not look like a freak. There is a little red line where the doctor cut my eyes and put stitches in. This weather isn’t the best for my skin because it is pretty cold outside but super hot indoors whenever you go to shop/restaurants, so it can be quite drying. When I wake up in the mornings, it feels almost normal now for me so it’s quite nice. The thing about double eyelid surgery is that you will feel ‘pulling’ in your eyes, even after the stitches are taken out, so this feeling of normalcy is quite a change. In the evenings, I still have to be careful not to rub or tug my eyelids when I wash them, as there is still soreness and a bit of pain if I press on them too hard. I visited Apgujeong the other day and frankly, it was frightening and I am glad that Teuim is not located there. When you walk to ‘plastic surgery street’ there, it is like you have gone to mainland China, with most of the PS clinics there advertising in simplified Chinese as well as Korean. It’s not PS itself that is scary, but the fact that this area almost seems… Factory-like? (I also passed by Grand in Sinsa and Dream in Apgujeong. These two places were MASSIVE SHINY BUILDINGS that looked like apartment buildings!!) Please do your research into your clinics if you plan on going to these places! If you have a Chinese-speaking friend, even better, because they probably have people from Mainland China reviewing these places rather than English-speaking foreigners.

Let’s be real. All PS consultation and what you want can pretty much be done with hand gestures and pictures. All the post-surgery care is going to be pretty constant and you’ll be able to find all of it online. I’m still really glad I went to Teuim though, for now. Sitting in Kkanbu and waiting for my fried chicken right now. Mmm…. Fried chicken. (The doctor said I could eat whatever I wanted after the surgery, although some Chinese-backgrounded folk have said to avoid seafood/fried food/salty/spicy food after the surgery. Let’s be real though. How can you come to Korea as a foreigner and not try their fried chicken??)

Also, a note on concealers- Be sure to bring an extremely creamy under-eye concealer because you will NOT like the feeling of bristles and a brush close to your eye area after your stitches are freshly out. It WILL feel sore. You will also probably be using more concealer than usual because these aren’t dark circles we are talking about. These are legitimately deep red/brown bruises in your inner corners from epi. The first day, I tried using MUFE’s HD cover and it creased four hours in, even with intense hydration underneath. I had to go to Olive and Young (Korean drugstore) to get the Maybelline instant age rewind which was wayyyyyyyyy more expensive than in the US. I like Nars’ creamy concealer, but I’m not sure about whether the coverage will be enough to cover those epi bruises or not. I’ve also heard that Nars creases like crazy if you use too much of it under your eyes. Men: Suck it up and stock up on a good concealer before you come. If you’re too embarrassed to go to Sephora and ask the makeup artists to help you there, bring your best female friend along to colour match you. Having obvious makeup on as a guy (too light or too dark under the eyes/or a crease-y mess) is just as bad as walking out into the streets with obvious epi bruises.

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, i am also considering to do non-incisional. Was your non incisional the DST method/double embedding method?
I also have the same type of lids as you, and what you said is making me re-consider non-incisional method :shucks:

Hi, anyone here knows that does Dr Kwon do upper eyelid retraction revision? Had undergone multiple upper eyelid surgeries on the same eye and it has caused my eye to have a different shape and look overcorrected.

I cant remember what method mine was.. it was too long ago. yeah do think carefully, but a few other factors can affect the success/failure of the non-incisional method e.g. presence of mongolian fold, ptosis etc. Mine loosened partly cos of mongolian fold i believe. Non-incisional do has its pros too.. such as not leaving a visible scar on the eyelid like how incisional ones do, and of cos less invasive. Perhaps non-incisional is a better and more conservative primary surgery you could consider.

I dont know why people would even go to dr kwon.

I have visited him and wanted to leave as fast as possible!

After checking pictures on their computer, my impression about him was confirmed. He is famous marketing and needs all this blog and marketing to be known of. He is not even nice to bégin with and he told me during consultation many procédures I need to do but my eyes look actually ok. I have uneven eyes and after visiting 12 clinics this week, I booked at Oscar clinic. Dr Baik famous for eyes but only for korean. Somehow à group from kakao went there, they used good le translation and did research together and found that place. I knew about it but never checked it out because I had no pictures. All website in korean so cant be bothered. Then I went there for my friend from this forum who helped me à lot with ré searching because we both like vickybabyswl eyes so we search together.

Now, I want to keep that address secret but I was sad not to have know this clinic before and if there are too many foreigners coming they May in crease their price because for now they dont do any marketing at all and we are paying local price. Means 3 times the price that I would pay at teuim for ugly eyes.

Ôscar does face only and filles injection. Body and face.

My friends work in ps business and I have never seen régular works like this before on eyes.

And dr s baik saw my uneven eyes and he was the only one. I m the type of person who is willing to pay more to have skilled dr s like dr Dr kim from april 31 but you will be pleased to hear that you can skilled doctor with normal price.

You go and check it out yourself. I saw révisions cases before and after pix and they look amazing.

As for fc, dr Baik knew I booked it with Dr Lee from Da. Then he gave me free recommendations and he said I ll be ok good hands too even tho dr Baik is also doing fc. Ended up same recommendations as dr lee and he saw what was wrong with my face without 3d ct scan.

You can kakao me if you want me to share about my expérience with Dr kwon. I went there with another super nice girl I met through this forum. She still came with me during consultation even tho she had fc at da and Maybe consultation with Dr kwon waste of time.

swiss07102010

...?? I'd like you to share with all of us what you found so repugnant about Dr. Kwon? As for why you want to keep Dr. Baek a secret, I also don't understand since you seem to be so satisfied with your experience?

I did a tiny bit of googling, and you can easily find out the address of this clinic that lolipop is talking about. It is outside Isu station. Honestly, from the pictures, it looks like he's done a fine job, but it's ridiculous to say that Dr. Kwon creates 'ugly eyes.' How insulting of you, considering that many people in this thread have had work done by him. Are you calling all of our eyes ugly now?

Website below: http://www.oscar-ps.com/html/02_eye/01_eye.asp (korean)
http://www.oscar-ps.com/landing/ch120516/ (Chinese)

Oscar's PS clinic is outside Isu station exit 6. It's ridiculous you're trying to keep things like this a secret when these forums are a space for sharing. Please tell us about your negative experience with Dr. Kwon.

Thumbs up to your comment 👍👍

I had the opposite experience, he said I only needed epi and advised against lateral canthoplasty.