BeautyHacker

Our angel, Dr Kwon from Teuim/AT

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am new to this forum therefore i can not start my own thread. But i have some concerns..i don't know you have come across with this situation before. i have already set up my plans going to korea in the middle of may to do epi, but i just realize that time i will have my period, i don' t know if i can go through the surgery or get good post-op recovery when i am having a period. i heard that it is easily going to get infected and i am so scared. I already bought my plane ticket and i do not know what to do now.
can anybody help and answer my concerns? thank you!!!!

So it seems as if Dr Kwon was one type of style. Those people who wanted parallel folds aren't too happy because his method is very conservative.
I'm wondering if I should go back to his clinic for a revision because he doesn't seem to be able to do the parallel folds or big eyes that most people want.
I asked him for a slightly parallel and mine is very tapered. The size of my folds are very small now and you can't even see it if I put eyeliner on.
I like that his style is natural but I wanted more of a difference in my eyes.

Mine was tapered from other clinic, I wanted high caucasian like parallel, he understood he was on like caucasian right , then he said he can do all types of eyes, I was convinced then, now not so much.
The right eyes is low parallel that look somewhat tapered from a distance, the left was too tapered I feel esp with my current eyelid height, the transition from parallel to tapered is too sudden making it look odd.. If it's a smoother transition I ll just accept it.. Sigh I paid so much money on him.

Don't think Koreans doc do high fold in General. Was watching this YouTube video by a Singaporean blogger who had hers at JW, her friend wanted the same thing as me, high parallel the surgeon was like why do u wan t high fold, it doesn't look good. I think low fold is better
. It s the aesthetic difference really, perhaps I should go Japan instead, their celebs have eyes I want ...

Pm me if I wan pics, I can't seem to upload them from my mobile. Kakao : SaphireL

Except plenty of (East) Asians are born with naturally parallel folds... Which doesn't necessarily make them 'Caucasian'
Ex: Sui He, Won Bin, Takeshi Kaneshiro, Hu Bing, Yu Kiu, Zhao Wei, among COUNTLESS others

Or they get cosmetic surgery to make them slightly/extremely parallel and it doesn't seem to be an issue and looks great on them too!
Ex: Raymond Lam (HK Actor), Fan Bing Bing, Lee Bing Bing, Huang Xiao Ming, etc...!

It is DEFINITELY an aesthetic thing w/ Dr. Kwon and his mentality b/c there is no way I believe that a surgeon like him is medically incapable of creating that fold. It's merely about stitch placement at the inner corner that affects where the line starts.

I definitely think Dr Kwon has the ability to create all sorts of folds, as I have seen different kinds of folds on his website. In my case, I wanted a very low and thin crease but ended up with one that i feel is too big for me, but which some of you might consider a conservative fold. It is all quite subjective. For example I have heard many people saying he tend to do small and natural creases, but in my opinion, his style look more like dolly eyes to me.

Which led me to wonder how those earlier people who got the right type of crease they want communicated to him.. or did his style just started drifting towards the in-out crease that most of us get nowadays.

I've been wanting to undergo the DES in Korea for quite some time but am a bit hesitant with what clinic/surgeon to go with after hearing many horror stories with factory-like clinics. UNTIL I learned about Dr Kwon at Teuim. I visited his website and did lots of research into other clinics (of course the popular/more commercial clinics.. I don't know anyone local enough to know about other smaller scale clinics) and noticed he specializes with DES. When I stumbled on this thread and this forum, I noticed quite a few people have underwent DES with Dr Kwon and can say positive things.

Having said that, I'm VERY nervous and don't really know what to expect.. I had an online consult with Teuim and a few other clinics and basically most of them have recommended non-incision + epi but I'm a bit skeptical about the longevity of non-incision.. any opinions? Also, what are some things to be prepared to speed up recovery?

I'm pretty set on going this year (hopefully) but was hoping I could hear some of your thoughts/experiences with consults from other clinics and results

Hi everyone,

thank you a lot for all your reviews! I'm considering Dr.Kwon for my eyelid surgery but now I'm a bit concerned because he seems to do very natural folds, even if you tell him to make large crease. :/
I already have natural tapered double eyelids which actually looks a lot like some of the results he does. But I want to have large parallel eyelids and now I'm concerned that after the surgery the difference will be only minimal. I want the crease to be still large and visible even after applying 2-3mm thick eyeliner. For example I like Fan Bingbing's eyes.

Those of you who asked him to do such a large crease but received a too natural and tapered one:
Can I ask you how your eyes looked like before surgery? I heard not all eyes are suitable for creating such a look for example because of skull structure. Maybe that's why he did smaller crease? But in that case he should have told you before the surgery...

Can you recommend any other surgeons or reviews of surgeons who does this kind of large parallel eyelids? Do you have pictures/reviews or know someone who got large parallel eyelids from Dr.Kwon?

I know this is an old post but this person talked about how the doctor left to give injections during the middle of another surgery... is this not alarming to anyone else but me?? Is this normal practice? Why would a doctor just leave in the middle of surgery?

hmmm... i didnt know huang xiao ming had eye surgery but i do know won bin and takeshi kaneshiro did though LOL... won bin right eyes was single before and as for takeshi's he had both done.. i watched his old movies, he was single-eyelid then and that was about 10-15 years ago.. he looked great then and now...

Anyway does anyone know whether Dr Kwon offers free revision ?

@callmehyung.... i told dr kwon i want high "caucasian like' parallel because that seems to be the most comprehensive description..since its not typical for Koreans to be born with high parallel eyelids.. i worried he might not understand what an asian high parallel is....

@kate2015, I know dr kwon can do high folds if you INSIST but its not so much the height of the double eyelid that bothers me it's more the shape of it, it is not the usually parallel eyelid that u see, imagine a parallel eyelid that narrow towards the canthus instead of being open like most, fan bing bing, won bin etc.. that shape doesnt look natural if it is coupled with a high eyelid fold.. might work on a low parallel fold though which is what a lot of the eyelids shown in his website look like... i guess if you decide to go with him ask him whether he could make an open parallel... i was disappointed because I know I specifically ask for the open type and ended up with a tapered-parallel type...

Thanks for your detail experience!! Hope to get more of your updates soon!!

Hi guys. A bit over the two month mark in recovery at the moment. The scars in my eyes are almost completely gone, but I can still see faint, faint red lines where he cut into my lid (partial incisions) and also feel the bumps where he threaded my eyelids. The inner corners of my eyes still get red though, especially when I use any products like tinted moisturizer/concealer on or around that area. Also, if you use any concealer/foundation OVER your actual 'line' that has been created, you will notice after a few hours that product tends to... collect there? Hmm... How to describe this. Basically, when you completely close your eyes, you will see your foundation 'collecting' where the line is, so you see a line of foundation where the line is. Is this normal for people with double eyelids? I have no idea, but I have a feeling that it isn't.

I am okay with the epi area taking longer to recover because the stitches are on the inside I believe. It's fine, because the redness isn't permanent, but it is still annoying.

As for the crease height, I think that it has definitely decreased by about... 30-40% of where it was from the first week of swelling. To be honest, I think it's at where it is supposed to be now. I'm not swollen at all and it looks pretty darn natural. The only thing is, again, is that my eyes are VERY slightly parallel as opposed to what I imagined and asked for (see discussion above with other purseblog members). They definitely aren't completely tapered, but you have to be a few inches away from my face to tell. Iunno. I'm satisfied enough with how it looks that there is no way I would go through the hassle of going all the way to Korea again to get it 'fixed'. I'm fine with the way that my eyes have turned out and when I see myself barefaced in the mornings and evening, I am finally satisfied with the way I look instead of thinking, 'ugh. My eyes are so.... Ugh' and that is just the hugest relief that I have taken away from this surgery.

Mentality is extremely important going into this. If you are looking for purely external validation from others, it might not be the wisest thing to jump the gun and just go to Korea. I honestly thought this would be a natural progression of my life, so it feels... Fated that I would do this? I know what a botched job is, and Dr. Kwon definitely did NOT botch my face. I'll keep updating with time, but would I have chosen a different surgeon in Korea if I could do it all over again?

As a foreigner, unless I had a local Korean friend, probably not. You guys will understand if you visit Apgujeong. That place did not make me feel safe at all. You may be getting a steal there and your results may be amazing. You may get your high, perfectly parallel, Won-Bin ish eyelids, but I felt really uncomfortable there. I honestly did. Dr. Kwon may not be 'worth it' in the end and please only trust Alice with a grain of salt (she is iffy about telling the truth, like who actually did her eyelids), but I went in completely trusting him and I came out.... 85% trusting him? He promised no scars. We shall see, but I am optimistic that in another 2-4 months, I will see close to nothing. He promised parallel lids with someone I gave him human evidence to look at. I'll give him a 50% here.

That's all for now. Ask any questions if you'd like (if I haven't already answered it in a past post. Won't answer redundant questions and waste space/time so I hope you go through posts carefully)