BeautyHacker

Our angel, Dr Kwon from Teuim/AT

The first 2 pictures are an in-out parallel fold. You can see it's not like a tapered lid/in fold but also not like the last pic which is a true parallel fold

hope this helps

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to Korea on Feb 15 and am hoping to schedule a consult with Dr Kwon. Does anyone know how long it takes from him to get back to you for a consultation appointment? I'm hoping to get a natural tapered double eyelid with no epi.

I'll be in Korea from the 15-29, you can add me on Kakao ID: conniec89

:smile:

• 3 weeks later...
Woops I just about to add you on Kaokao but just realised today is the 29th already so you're probably on your way back home or maybe soon in a few hours. I don't check the forums as much anymore. I did my eyes with Dr Kwon just a week ago, going to take my stitches out in 2 days. I'm guessing you already had your surgery done. Hope it wen't well for you, i still have a lot of deswelling to do and got bruised eye still.

Hi jillyqueen.. i am planning to do DES.. thanks for your post.. How about the shape? you like it? can i got your B/A photo? any line or kakao? quite confuse now since my flight just left few days :sad:

Hi destiny3, how about your surgery with Dr.Kwon? what u did? how about the result? is he recommended? can u share me B/A photo? i am so worry since my flight left few days..and have bad review about teuim :sad:

Hi, surgery was good, painful at the end because it was a long surgery as it was a revision and the anesthesia or whatever was wearing off. So i did revision on eyelids, lowered the crease as previous was way too high, and did epi as well.

I would recommend him, because I've been through a terrible experience in the past and heard so many botched stories as well even in Korea. You really need to do your research before deciding on a doctor which is what I failed to do the first time round over a year ago. I still have swelling but I can show you the pictures right after surgery, or if you can wait i'll show you more recent photos as swelling goes down more.

Have you left for Seoul or not yet? If you are unsure about Teuim just have a consultation with them first and other clinics before making your decision. I liked Dr Kwons presence the first time I talked to him, made me feel comfortable and believe he would do his best. Go with your gut feeling when talking to different doctors and make sure to keep researching. If you have Kaokao you can give me your user and I'll add you, anyone else who wants to ask me anything can do the same as well and I'll add.

destiny, what is you kakao user ID? Do you still have Alice kakao ID? I'm planning to do an eyebag reposition with Dr Kwon but the last time he did it, it didnt work... how's your result so far? are you satisfied ?

Hi, I have kakao account but i haven't created an ID yet lol i know its weird but all the names I wanted was taken so i had no idea what user to use, usually i just add other people instead.

Alice Kakao? Sorry i wouldn't know.

Its been 2 weeks post op now, so far so good. Last week i hated it but swelling gone down more now and proper shape is finally slowly showing. Right eye just more swollen than left so everyday I still apply ice pack on it.

Wow! What a read! Thanks to all those who posted up their reviews and kept sharing updates. It was super informative!

I never planned on doing my surgery in Korea because of my time constraint but when I was doing research on DES, I came across Teuim's website and I was soooo impressed!!

My initial aim was just to get my eyes looking symmetrical because I have one double eyelid and one very obvious single eyelid by only doing DES.

As I do more and more research I find myself falling in love with the inout fold that Dr Kwon seems to do so well! I particularly like eyes like Nana, Clara Lee, Jun Ji Hyun. But I know that to get such eyes, I will have to do epicanthoplasty as my epicanthal folds are pretty prominent.

But I don't know if it's a good idea to get epicanthoplasty as I only can do my surgery in the beginning of June and 3 weeks later I'm going to Gold Coast (and going to lots of theme parks that I'm worried will affect my healing). Also I don't know if epicanthoplasty will change the look of my eyes too much and then they won't fit the rest of my features.

I actually have gone for a consult at beverly wilshire medical centre in JB (the one that Xiaxue went to for her surgery). And it's really much cheaper, about sgd$1900 for incisional DES and if I'm not wrong only an additional $500+ for epicanthoplasty? It's just I haven't found many reviews (in english at least).

Maybe I'll just get DES this time and do epicanthoplasty at Teuim in the future...

Michelle - If you have prominent epicanthal folds, you are definitely going to want to do the epicanthoplasty at the same time as the DES. I didn't, and my DES failed as a result. I truly regret not doing it at the same time! If done by an experienced surgeon, your look should not change too much. I know I was worried about that too but trust me, it is much better than having to live with a failed surgery!! My surgeon said I could just do the DES and I should have never believed him. In hindsight he only suggested this because he does not do epicanthoplasty surgeries. Also, I thought a future rhinoplasty would help the appearance of my epicanthal folds but apparently the effect is just temporary.

Please don't make the same mistake I did!! :Push:

Hi Hikaribelle! Thanks for replying :smile:

So sorry to hear your DES failed!! :sad: Omgosh I can't imagine having to go through the entire process and not have it turn out the way you want! Can I ask why you say it failed though? Is it because of the type of eyelid you chose (parallel for example)?

I guess the reason I feel that DES will be sufficient (for now) is because my left eye already has a double eyelid with a tapered crease and my right eye that doesn't, I have already been using tape for a few years to make it look symmetrical. So I guess I assume it will be fine!

Epicanthoplasty is so tempting though! But I'm just not sure how much I like the style of the doctor at beverly wilshire medical centre. The eyes he gave to Xiaxue look too caucasian for my liking.

Are you planning on doing an eyelid revision?

Yeah, it is pretty devastating! But I know I'm not the only one. That is one of the thoughts that comforts me.

Ok, it seems like your situation is different from mine. I had inner double eyelids and my surgeon was attempting to create new creases 2.5 mm higher (raising my tapered creases). Unfortunately, it failed because epicanthal folds put pressure on the eyelid, making larger tapered creases impossible. There are a few resources out there that explain this well, Dr. Kwon's website being one of them.

Yes, I need to get revision now, or live with triple eyelids for the rest of my life. I've also always had a slight cross-eyed appearance which could have definitely been helped by an epicanthoplasty.

Go with a surgeon who has lots of experience and who feels right for you!

Hi everyone!

I am new to the forum, and I am interested in DES with Dr. Kwon at Teuim. I am heading to Korea at the end of April for about 2 weeks. Initially, my trip to Korea wasn't for PS - just for exploring with BF as I was on the fence about doing DES (and he REALLY doesn't want me to do it). My friend is going to JW to Dr. Suh for rhino on this trip, and we're both debating about doing DES. There is sooo much information on this forum, I have read through most of it but it's still extremely overwhelming.

I am quite happy with my eye shape (I'd consider them big for a Chinese girl), I currently have a tapered crease with double eyelids, I just want my eyelids to be parallel (outfold) instead of tapered, and a bigger crease for makeup.

I looked into the dolly look vs. natural and I'm not trying to look 'dolly' (super big wide eyes), I just want a medium-high parallel crease (think angelababy!)

I was quoted via email for DES w/ ptosis and epi.

My question is:

1) Did you really find that epi was needed in order to decrease the tension and have a nice medium crease that doesn't look 'sausage-like'? (as Dr. Kwon would say on his website, lol!)

I really don't want to do the epi. It sounds too invasive for me.. I am travelling throughout Asia for the next few months.

2) With Dr. Kwons preference of doing tapered-parallel creases w/ in-out fold, do you think Dr. Kwon would be able to give a crease like angelababy's?

Her's is perfect because her eyes are still natural looking, with a higher crease than usual for an Asian and parallel.

Thanks for your help!

you're definitely not alone in that! i got DES without epi 2 years ago and now they are way less prominent than what i like so this time i'm going in mid april to get a revision done. partial incision and i'm adding epi this time!