BeautyHacker

Our angel, Dr Kwon from Teuim/AT

Thanks Hellokitty15,

I was awake for the whole operation. The anesthesia went off as the operation was about to end so the only pain I felt was during what I believe is the stitching part. It was light pain to me, but I did a light "nnggg"out of fear that the string will tear my eyelids apart. lol
Can't tell if I would recommend Dr Kwon yet. Think I will reserve judgement until final results. But I mean, procedure and bedside manner-wise it was all fine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its still swelling dear, definitely will go down, wait for a month or 2 for final result.

• 2 weeks later...
I just spent 2 hours reading this whole thread and Dr Kwon seem to be highly raved about. Now I'm stuck at choosing the surgeon as I wanna do my nose as well but Dr Kwon don't do it. I am planning for to go korea in feb 2016

I was quoted by JW beauty
USD $4300- $4700 for ptosis eyes- double eyelids correction incision method + EPI
Alar reduction+bridge+bulbous tip correction quoted about USD$4500-$5500

Does anyone have any experience with JW beauty or any other clinics to recommend which is cheaper but good?
And also they ask for a deposit for the surgery to secure the dates. Is it really necessary does anyone have experience that after consultation there is a long waiting time for surgery?

Naom, how is your research thus far? Teuim and JW prices seemed pretty much on par Base on the info posted by several on this thread.

Lavender 16,
I'm just worried that there won't be any slots available during the time I'm there. On the other hand I do wanna consult a few more surgeons after all it is my first time and I will be doing both nose and eyes and not to mention it cost a bomb!! My korean friend told me that she went for a DES and only cost about SGD$1500-2000 with EPI. But the clinic do not have English service and I'm worried they won't be able to understand what I want plus there isn't much to research on.

I think Teuim should prob be able to take you... When are you going to Korea? Worse is 1-2 days wait?

I consulted there and decided to go somewhere else. My eyelid surgery costs a lot and I am wiling to pay it cuz I trust that doctor. It was really really hard for me to make the decision to pay so much for my surgery.

Def consult in person. Don't rush!!!

Lavender, I am planning to visit in mid to end Feb. Where did you end up doing your eyes? And how long has it been? Do you mind sharing any before and after photos? :smile:

Naom,

I did ask JW if I decided not to go ahead with their clinic will the deposit be refunded and they said 3 days before the surgery. So I asked for a consultation date 3-4 days before the scheduled surgery. Still waiting for their reply....

@mundaneguy: This is perfectly normal. I had my procedure done in September so now I am almost at 4 months post-op. I experienced the majority of swelling at 3 weeks of surgery however my eyes still looked puffy and the crease was high up until 2.5 months.

It will go down with time. January 7 will be my 4 months mark and I can say the crease/lids have changed completely. It looks super natural now.

Hope this helps, don't stress out!

• 3 weeks later...
sorry for the super late reply!!

overall, i'm quite satisfied with my double lids and ptosis! my friends who knew all said its super natural!

ptosis: i already had big eyes previously but they were like sleepy garfield, so the ptosis helped me to look more alert (and my eyes also got slightly bigger). but my eyes are still 1 big 1 small (not super obvious unless one scrutinizes them), so i felt that didn't help. but it's been only 2 months, i rmb someone (is it jillyqueen?) said hers got more even subsequently.

des: the double lids are also more defined now, compared to previously where i had multiple lids on left eye, and left and right had uneven lids too. my original lids were actually quite high too, so i like this height now, hoping they'll not go down further!

epi: i do notice the scars, although they're very small and no one noticed anything until i mention, but i guess there's nothing i can do now also.

here's a pic of my eyes at 2.5 months! (image will be be auto deleted after 28 days)

tiikoni.com/tis/view/?id=ab83b83

• 2 weeks later...

Yo how is it going, my man?
How are you doing with recovery?

• 2 weeks later...
What is the in-out style parallel fold? Could you provide a picture?