BeautyHacker

Our angel, Dr Kwon from Teuim/AT

Ah okay! I think I get what you mean. Good luck for your revision and thanks for your advice! :smile:

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi! Actually imo angelababy has quite dolly eyes! If you look at her eyes, you can see she has practically no epicanthal fold, her lacrimal caruncle (the red part at the inner corner of the eye) is completely exposed. This is not really common in most Asians but common among caucasians. This is why she has such a nice high parallel crease. (Also she has a high nose bridge which helps :P)

To answer your questions:

1. I would say it depends on your eye structure and most importantly how prominent your epicanthal fold is. If you look at bong qiu qiu before she had her DES to get parallel eyelids without epi, you can see her epicanthal folds are not so prominent and much of her lacrimal caruncle was already exposed. That's why she was able to get a stable parallel crease without any tension from her epicanthal folds.

The fact that you say you have tapered eyelids makes me think you might have to get epi though. Especially if your tapered eyelids aren't the type that are hidden. Because tapered eyelids are formed when the epicanthal folds pulls the fold down. If you do DES to get parallel eyelids without epi, you might run the risk of it becoming tapered or like one parallel one tapered.

2. For this I cannot really say. He definitely has the skills to do so and there are some examples on his website where he has. But it's definitely not his style. And past reviews have said he tends to be more conservative.

If you're comfortable with it, you can post up a photo of your eyes and it might be easier to see. Obviously I'm not a doctor so this is just my opinion! The best would be to go for a consult with a doctor who does DES and epi and ask them face to face.

The last few posts in this blog might help you! http://eyelidsurgerymalaysia.blogspot.sg/ The doctor is pretty responsive so you can ask him questions too :smile:

Hope that helps!

Hi there, i would not recommend going to JW for nose surgery. I did it there last year and it was pretty bad. Eyes too. I will soon post a full review about my experience there. Do heed my advise and do my research as revision rhinoplasty is much more complicated and difficult as compared to primary rhinoplasty. And since JW gave me a bad job for primary rhinoplasty, what do you think your result will be like for revision rhinoplasty?

Forgive my typos.. Do heed my advise and do more research*

I went to Teuim about 6 days ago and doctor kwon suggested me to do revision double eyelid, revision ptosis and epicanthoplasty. He gave me that confident vibe and also pretty stern(don't give a ****) vibe confident and (not giving a **** comes very close so I don't know). I noticed that he is very objective on doing lateral canthoplasty as I told him that the tail of my eyes were abit slanted up. He still told me lateral canthoplasty was not needed. And I have also seen some of his before after pictures where some of the patients have the same slanted tail like mine. I really didn't like it.. Anybody can tell me why Dr.Kwon is so objective on doing lateral canthoplasty? Is it because he is not competent for lateral canthoplasty? Or are there any other reasons? By the way he recommended me to do revision double eyelid, revision ptosis and epicanthoplasty.

Hmmm idk the exact reason but it could be:

1. It's not his style? He doesn't want you to do more then you need to.
2. He doesn't think it's necessary for you because if you undergo the rest of the procedures he recommended, the "slantedness" of your eyes will be corrected already.
3. Could be your eyes are already long and doing lateral canthoplasty may make them look strange.
4. The slantedness cannot be corrected with lateral canthoplasty? I'm not too sure about the procedure

Did you happen to ask him why it's not needed? Have you gone to any other consults and what have they recommended? You might wanna try doing that and see what they say.

I didn't exactly ask him "why". But I paused and waited for his response after he said: "I don't think it is needed" He told me the effect of lateral canthoplasty would be very very small, plus it's like artificial lengthening.(He didn't address my concern whereby the tail of the eye is kinda slanted) From the looks of it, maybe it's not his style. And I didn't go to any other clinics to check as I have already decided on Teuim. I'm afraid the result wouldn't be satisfactory now as I am writing about it. Because I did see some of his before after pics with patient's tail of the eyes slanted/Sticked together(the upper eyelid extends more than the lower eyelid)

What a relief!! Have you already had a consultation? Which clinic(s) are you going to? Is partial incision sufficient? I've been worried that I might have to do full incision revision surgery for both eyes...it would be great if I could just get epi and medial correction, too!

Thank you and you're welcome! Good luck on your surgery as well!! And I definitely agree with you on Dr
Kwon being more conservative...I can't see him making Angelababy's eyes on anyone, lol!

i've only spoken with them through email so far, my in person consultation at Teuim is in a month! it will depend on your own eye and the fat in it, i was open to any incision but they suggested partial! When are you planning on going??

I corresponded with them by email too and they recommended "incisional method" revision. Not sure if that means full or partial but I take it to mean full :tdown:. I am definitely going to go around for more opinions. Did you have fat removal and a full incision in your first surgery? Are you planning on consulting with other clinics?

My DES was only 7 weeks ago so apparently I need to wait at least 6 months...but I'm thinking maybe if I just do epi and medial correction, I can get it done sooner? I just need the money, lol. And I actually am so confused about clinics in Korea. There are too many choices! I've heard of a good doctor in the States; I think I want to go see him first.

oh really? well you can only see so much from pictures! the best thing is of course to go in in person and see! i thought i would have to get fat taken out the first time but they said it wasn't necessary. maybe they can do it with partial?
where did you get it done the first time? they might do a revision for free or cheap! i'm looking for other places to consult with but its so hard to choose anything!

oh yeah i think 7 weeks is definitely too short a time for revision! it'll fully settle in a year or so

i researched doctors in the states as well but i think the doctors in Korea know the asian face so well, it's worth it to save up and fly over!

Hi, so an 8 month update. My eyelids have gone down a little but they are still a nice size for me. One thing is that my eyelids used to have a flare on the ends but now they have gone away :sad:. It still looks good though. However, if you struggle with acne or have had bad acne before, I really don't recommend eyelid surgery. My eyes look amazing now but every place I got my teenage acne in came back. I went to the dermatologist and she told me procedures such as this can cause any previous acne to return. I am now going to go on accutane and I'm very upset about my skin but hey at least my eyes look good. Damn after a problem is solved another one comes in :,)

ANYWAYS, here is the 8 month update of partial incision double eyelid surgery with Dr. Kwon https://www.flickr.com/photos/134369681@N05/albums/72157663709314104/with/25834708846/

That's strange -- who would have thought acne could be connected to eyelid surgery? Did you have epicanthoplasty as well?

Sent you a reply by PM :smile: