BeautyHacker

Dr Kim at BK Hospital

Because 현아 told me herself. Seriously DJJ, you ask us who told us this info presumably because you're suspicious of it's credibility (like it might just be a rumor we're carrying around). Now if someone told us who would be in a position to actually know, do you think they would appreciate us posting who they were on the internet?

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I asked the question because that kind of information was not possible to get on the Korean websites. Didn't I tell you why I joined this forum before? Because I thought I might get more reliable information on the English websites.

I take 현아 is an actress?

가수

I talked to the guy that works for my company in Korea. He said:

Dr. Park is very famous astethic clinic in Gangnam area. Especially, many actor and actress like 소녀시대, bigbang etc. they had a surgery from him.Nose and eye is his strong field. I did’nt know that he is such famous in idol groups.

He's a ~50 year old Korean guy who knows nothing about plastic surgery so I have to assume he DID find it on those Korean websites.

However, I would only say he would be able to find a rumor, or a fake forum poster, etc...

When I was in Korea, someone at one of the clinics told me in person the same thing without me having brought it up. Probably doesn't meet your high standards of credibility DJJ, but unless the celebrity or management told you personally I don't know any higher confidence you're going to get.

Still no email from you...hmmm....

BTW both of you and kain seem to think my cautiousness is humorous. That's fine. But remember it is my "revision" surgery. I was not careful enough with my first surgery. I wish I had done more of my homework with my first surgery. Then I would not be here. You would understand my feeling only when you realize that you need a revision surgery. I hope neither of you have to go through that.

He was okay. I send him pictures of me and he just tell me what he think online. He didn't give me a consultation on the web. It just a earlier way to talk face to face. Everything not sure until face to face consultation. He said I need to lower the fold, that's it. The cost is $4000 for the revision and $3000 just for the nostril base reduction. The nose is too much. I mean by looking at my pic, he thought I have a nose job and need a revision on it. He told me that he saw a scar on the bottom of my nose nostril. I told him that it's my original nose and he said "wow" bec my bridge is straight and high. But the quote for reduce the nostrils only take about 30 minutes and he doesn't have to used any material to put in my nose, that's just too much. I think he's over charge but again that's the lower in U.S.

For the eye revision he just want to folder the fold only. He said I might not need the epic or lateral. He said he want to do one step at a time and not do too much at one time. But the thing is I don't want to have to come back and do another surgery. I don't think my eyes are complicated then most people. I don't know. It make me think twice on his experience bec he want to correct one main thing first then maybe a second if I wanted.

I think I need a travel friend to go to Korea with me this Oct 9-20 or something. I still want to go to Banobagi so I can do both my eyes and nose together. The thing is Banobagi quote me from $2400-2700 for the revision and from 400-750 the epic or lateral. Nose around $1500. The thing is the quote is not sure until you see the doctor. It may cost more. Like Dr.Kim assistance quote my revision is from $3-$3500 but Dr. Kim quote me $4000. So anyone want to go this Fall to Soeul with me?

Hi babe, are you still planning to go in Oct 2011? What surgery you planning to do? I wanna do double eyelid and cheek implant. What's your email? Or you can email me at xxxx if you wanna discuss about it. hehe. :smile:

Hi everyone,

I have my nose eyes done in last April. I feel a little responsible to share my secret. I have it done as BOM plastic surgery hospital in the same stress with BK Youngdong , but 3 blocks away. It has fully service: dental, nose, breast, eyes but famous for nose and non-surgery ptosis. I don't remember its address, but you can find out from google. Very professional and caring, not like any other clinics in this forum, it is hospital for local people. Advised me do higher bridge, but finally give a natural with slimmer bridge and more defined tip, good for primary case. Very pleased with the final result. Hope it helped advice.

I just got an email from him with better explaining on the quote. For my eye revision he does agree with me that I need to lower down my folds and correct some potsis and recommended me to get epic in the inner corner of the eyes for more big natural eyes. The price was $4,000 + $1,000 for the epic. For my nose, he said I need alar reduction plus tip cartilage. It cost $3,000 with or without correcting the tip. The receptionist said it's the same amount of time doing it so it cost the same. It's funny he thought I have a nose job before bec my bridge is so high.

The problem is with surgery, hotel, and air, the surgery with doctor Kenneth Kim cost only $1200-$1500 more than if I get it done in Soeul. Should I travel far away from home just to save that much? Is it worth it? Should I travel 20 hr rather than 7 hrs?

M

Ah, that is a difficult question........I think the easier the access to the surgeon the better because you can pop in anytime should there be anything cropping up during the post-op period. And there are people not satisfied with their op done in Korea too. I myself would prefer somewhere where they are not churning out patients like a factory. I would choose one with modern clean facilities and a good surgeon who cares. Maybe those of you who have been to one can recommend?

I think for that costly price , we have right to choose the better service than just a quick check up, and no prepaid knowledge for the big surgery. I suggest you guys consider 2 thing s: how you want you look like after surgery, and how much you can come closed to it. Most doctors in Korean do similar , the difference is how good you communicate with your doctors. For example ,the Dr did my surgery he raise fund for poor Africa children , only do max 3 surgery per day ( include small one) . We call it ethic, don't fool urself by advertising and after pics. Go for who you feel you can trust

I'm so confuse bec Korea prices are almost the same as in U.S. The only think that in U.S is more expensive is the hotel cost. In Korea, there is a 10% tax apply to cosmetic. That's the first time I heard. They will give you discount. Probably the max is 10%. But it's like you getting nothing off bec in The States, you don't pay taxes for cosmetic. The thing is will I go 19hrs over 7hrs and save me only 1K. Does it worth it? My thinking is which doctor do I trust more.