BeautyHacker

Dr Kim at BK Hospital

Hi omom,

How is your recovery? I think you are just one week post-op, please be patient. I know how you feel. After a year my eyelids goes down three times compared to one week post op.

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks everyone for the informative posts. I'm looking at (1) forehead augmentation, (2) lengthening of the eyes and potentially (3) breast augmentation - the threads have mainly been in relation to double eye lid surgery. Any advice on the above - which doctors recommended? Is BK any good at these surgeries? many thanks in advance!!

• 2 weeks later...
I'm new to this forum, but I have been a silent reader for a while now. I'm planning to go to korea on july 10th for 10 days to have double eyelid surgery and epi - is anyone going during that time who wants to share a room? I prefer female

Thanks for the site. For some reason her eyes seem not natural to me. The shape is weird. But thank you for the info. I need to go where the doctor can speak English and have a site in English.

Ladies good luck with the trip and the surgery. Please share your information to us if you have a good consultation or not and how everything go. Also please share your doctor and clinic name. Thank so much and good luck in everything!!!

I actually went to BK in Feb of this year and had mandible reduction done. At that time I was still 18 and travelled alone. I had my consultation and surgery on the same day; Feb.22.2011.
I stayed at the guesthouse from Feb.22-27 and the manager there was very nice and hospitable. Regarding all the negativity that's surrounding BK about it's patient care; I deem it completely untrue. First of all, I went to the clinic at 9am on the 22nd and they ushered me to the 7th floor. I met with their english translator Chloe, who was very kind She basically asked me to fill out a chart about my personal info, what surgery I wanted and which doctor (which I left blank). They didn't ask for any sort of ID at all and Chloe told me she assigned me Dr. Hong (not Kim) who specialized in mandible reduction.

She told me that there would be noticable swelling for at least two weeks and that I had to wear a head wrap to hold the shape after surgery. I got really nervous at this and Chloe was calming me down. She then took me to meet Dr. Hong directly and he gave me a very thorough explaination after asking me to examine myself in the mirror. He said my jaw was asymmetrical (which I agreed), that I had excess buccal fat that caused my 'chipmunk' cheeks and my bone contouring was overly large. My chin was also depressed and short. While Dr.Hong was explaining in Korean, Chloe translated everything and she also voiced all my concerns.
Although Dr.Hong did not speak English, he wrote everything in English and even drew diagrams. He explained that a more natural look was needed and that he would cut my bone structure in a more curvacious manner to get that look. This would make it fairly smaller. Overall the price of the surgery was $5000USD but he also said he'd do buccal-fat removal for free and take the excess and do fat grafting on my chin and noseible folds to make me look more rejuvenated.
The 3 procedures of buccal-fat removal and fat grafting should've at least cost an extra $3000+. He told me surgery would take 45mins-1 hr of completion and I would undergo general anthesia. Before the consultation I was about to not do the surgery since I was afraid of the swelling, but I knew if I didn't I would hate myself for it since I came all the way. After the consultation I was taken by Chloe to do blood tests and xrays.

I went in for surgery an hour later and blacked out after 3 seconds of anethsia. When I woke up I was all bandaged, swollen and wheeled to the patient rooms. I slept for a while and had two ice packs covering my face and two around my neck. I actually had a lot more energy than someone who came out of surgery should, I woke up a couple hours later and iced my face the whole night. My lips were swelled up and bruised. The nurses were very caring towards me, every few hours they took me to rinse my mouth and got my water when I needed it. The night nurse was especially kind and she swabbed my mouth. They gave me a LOT of IV's which was probably why I had so much energy to wander back and fourth between the washroom and hallways.
I spent the next day icing until I got to leave. Dr. Hong saw me again before I got discharged and said that my surgery was a success. The manager took me to the pharmacy before heading back to the guesthouse to get antibotics.

According to both Dr.Hong and the manager, comparing to alot of other patients (and those who've I've seen on Banobagi website) my swelling was minimal; I was not balloon-shaped like other patients. Infact, the day after my surgery, I had enough energy to go shopping with another patient-friend I made at thee guesthouse. I stuck very strictly to the rules of no dairy, meds after liquid meals, slept upright to elevate myself and iced non-stop. Swelling worsened a bit on the 2nd day but after that it died down and my lips were back to normal. I only took off my headpiece the night before I was due to leave to wash my hair.

On the 27th I was headed back to Toronto, Canada. My parents didn't know I had surgery; I was able to get away with my swelling since I was covered in a scarf and hoodie. Honestly after a week from Seoul, my major swelling had gone down and my parent's couldn't tell I had done anything to my face. After 3 weeks (from surgery date) I stopped wearing the headpiece alltogether. After 1-2 months my face slimmed down and finally took shape. I couldn't eat much the first two weeks after surgery (barely could open my mouth) and the inside of my gums felt very stiff. Certain parts near my chin felt numb and firm (due to the injected fat).

Looking at my results now, my mother says my faced has slimmed down and lost weight. I am satisfied with the results although I wouldn't have minded if the shape was a little slimmer. I look natural for sure. It's regrettable that fat grafting doesn't last that long since my chin is more or less back to as it was before.

Do I think BK is as horrible as they say? No, definatly not. Is it the best? I don't think so either. I haven't experienced Dr.Kim but my friend who also had the same surgery got it done by him and she wasn't happy with her results. I suspect she wasn't healing properly on her part because she had her surgery two weeks before I did but she was still more swollen than me by the time we left...either way, I don't regret going to BK. I've seen better 'afters', I've also seen worse. Next time I would like to get rhino but I'm thinking of Banobagi since their reviews amaze me. Hope this helped~!

^ I forgot to add a very important point; the whole process was almost PAINLESS. Aside from some momentary dull aching after the surgery, I did not experience any pain or aftereffects whatsoever.

Dr Cho from Bandoeye also charges A FORTUNE for revisions!!!!!!!!!!

Revisional double eyelid is $5,000!!!!!
& Revisional epicanthoplasty is ANOTHER $5,000... I think that's INSANE.

Hi JuicyMe,
10 grands for 2 revision is ridiculous, they are probably revising both at the same time. Did you get a consultation with Swan? I'am looking for double eyelid revision as well, and am going to consult with Teuimp. Would you share your researches and findings. Thanks

Hey hun thanks for the reply!

I really appreciate this! Unfortunately I am scheduled with Dr Kim not Hong. Idk if I should change it. I'm waiting for someone's reply regarding their experience with Dr Kim. I know most of the people said that he doesn't seems to care and just do what he wants. And I don't wanna just keep quiet and let him do what he wants and in the end the results is something not I want. I mean its face, the reason why we do something to our face is to look better not worst.

And your comment actually make me reassured that not all bad comments that people made about the aftercare services they received from BK are true. And since you went there pretty recent, I'm sure their services would be as great when I visit in September. FINGERS CROSSED.

I really want to go back home looking pretty.

Your reply really does helps a lot!!!! :heart::heart::heart::hugs:

Anyway, is it possible if you email me your before and after photos?

xxxx

Hey InnerJoy,

Can I know what surgery did you do at BK? And how's is it now? If possible, can you email me your B&A pictures?

xxx

THANKS HEAPS! :heart:

Nooo im not in korea now. I want to go this winter, but. I may have to wait until summer. I dont know, just so depressed. When are u going? And what do you want done? R u korean? I found many local clinics online while i was researching .. I can send u links sometime if u want to see photos :smile: