BeautyHacker

Dr Kim at BK Hospital

hey everyone ive created a page on facebook for everyone to discuss about cosmetic surgery abroad..feel free to join and discuss openly there!

for ppl who have or are planning to travel abroad for surgery or anyone whos interesting in this topic!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cosmetic-Plastic-Surgery-Abroad/184533518225583

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I am planning to have my eyes done by Dr Kim at BK next year around Feb.
Anyone going there around the same time too?
Would be great to have some companies to go together!

Please send me a message, I can't p.message anyone~
:biggrin:

Just let me see your before and after pic if you have your eyes done please. Jan and Feb is too cold over there and it's below 0 degree. Also it's the peak season. Lots of tourism going over there for surgery. Make sure your doctor have time for you and not rushing! I'. m planning to go in Oct 2011. Anyone know what agent to buy the best air fare to go Korea?

Whoa, Oct 2011 is still long!

Anyway, the colder the season the faster the recovery ( I think? ) :biggrin:

Has anyone of you consulted Dr Kim through email and got the price for eyes surgery?

He quoted me 1.5k/2k for epic and latheral cantho each! :pout:

Girl, time is flying. See December just started and now it's almost the end. October give me time to save money and do more survey on different places. Dr. Kim price for the eye surgery is around 2-2500K and a revision is around 2500-4000K. I found a place in U.S. done by a Chinese dr that does a double eyelids or a revision surgery for only 3400K. I might go to him instead so I don't have to buy an international airfare. He only does eye surgery only and his before and after pics are very impressive like the one at BK in Korea. I want to go Korea to get my nostrils base reduction at the same time with my eyes. So I'm debuting now. I like to have it done in U.S but that Chinese Dr. only does eyes surgery. It's easy incase of complication .

Ladies, I am sooooooooooooooooooooooo glad I came across this thread. OMG ! I couldnt sleep thinking how many of you out there are confused and uncertain about plastic surgery and BK clinic in particular. I was going to email Sassychic09 personally to answer her question but then it wouldnt be fair for others.... So, I decided to register with Purseblog. Let me just give all of you ladies an advice. Be careful and dont assume that you will get similar result as others just because of those before and after photos or because the clinic is popular with a team of 10-20 physicians. Sassychic09 is right, post surgery care is very important and it seems BK doctors are too busy making money that they do not put patient care a priority. The reason why some clinics in korea do not want you to know each physician specialty is because they want people to know the name of the clinic and not the talents of each surgeon. Sadly these young surgeons are not recognized for their work. Wonder why your consultation is not with who you requested?? Hmmmmm? There is also a reason for that and of course they say they will pick the best surgeon for you. You need to know who is performing your surgery and if you ask them of course they will say "all of our surgeons have many years of experience." I am not badmouthing BK, but am sharing what I know and heard. I am not familiar with OZ but I do know that JK clinic is well known and is a competitor. This clinic is located feets away from BK on the same side of the street.

One more thing, I must warn those who plan on getting their nostril/tip reduced....you will regret down the road for sure if you dont pick the right doctor- NO KIDDING. there are very very few doctors who can perform the reduction without collapse successfully.

Good luck ladies. I hope this helps.

is the quote $3400 for general or local anesthesia? If it is for general then it sounds right

I'm not sure but normally other doctor charge a regular double eyelids surgery in U.S. is around $5500, so the revision is normally cost more than that but only 1 or two doctor does it. You have to find that doctor really hard. Even the popular Dr. Lee in California CANNOT do a revision. He said what done is done. That tell me he's popular in U.S but he's not that experience than those Korean doctors in Korea.

I am interested in getting the double eyelid surgery and epicanthoplasty at BK clinic hopefully around Feb-Mar. I've consulted with them via email and currently waiting for the estimate price. I did a consultation in Vancouver and the price was 4000 just for double eyelids and 5600 with the epicanthoplasty. Overall I just don't trust the procedure enough even though i wouldn't have to travel. Since this surgery is well practiced in Korea there is minimal scarring and problems..I'm hoping! Is it true that BK clinic offers free stay for 7 days because I couldn't find anything like that on their site..the cheapest was $74 a night? Korean is currently the biggest barrier for me right now and I'm worried about getting around since I can't even read the map. It would be great if someone would want to go with me!

I'm still aiming for the fall 2011 sometime in Oct. Still researching around to see where is the best place to go. If you guys go before me, please share me some information on the surgery. Thank alot!

Hi sassyChic09, i'm planning to do end 2011 or begining 2012.. would be cool to do during super cold weather, so i dont have to put cold compress manually! Not sure how much it will cost for a revision, but i definately need a loong time to start saving again. :tdown:Wipe out my saving after multiple consultation at other places.. Who are the dr on ur list?

I just have Dr. Kim at BK to do my revision and nostril reduction. The nose is around 1500 and the revision is around 2500-4000. That's the price range BK gave me for online. We can go together at the end of Sept or beginning of Oct 2011. I'm start saving now too. At BK they let us stay there FREE for 7 days but the price doesn't have a kitchen so we have to go out and eat or someone have to bring the food back. Where are u from? Are u from United States? If so where?

hi HuongBabie
I am from Texas too, I want to go to Korea for NOse job in March, 2011 too
WOuld you like to join me for the trip to Seoul?
please email me at [email protected]
I will give you my phone as well
please contact me
what procedure are you considering? and which doctor?
I have been researching for 10 yrs and have been looking for best plastic surgeons
Please email me