BeautyHacker

Dr Kim at BK Hospital

Shopping is fantastic! My favorite is Dongdaemun where there are 3 shopping centers (Gd Morning SC, Myglio and 1 more). Many floors of fashion and gd buys! But nite their operation/opening hours, as these are kind of wholesale centers. So some open at 4pm till early morning. There are also stalls outside that sell gd buys.
Myeongdong is also great, but mainly shops like Zara and cosmetic shops like Etude, Face Shop. I luv Garuso Lane, just opposite the road, of the guesthouse - very pretty lane with many pretty small boutiques. But prices are mote expensive her.
Bring empty suitcase, as you will fill it up full surely. Myeongdong accept credit card, but Dongdaemun accept mainly cash. So change more cash.

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Transport wise - MRT is very convenient and efficient. Just buy the store value card at the machine. But need to top up the value after buying, as it's empty when you buy it. Study the MRT and stations map. After a while, it gets easier. Just make sure you stand at the correct side of the platform. Don't sit on the Reserved seats, as they are only for old ppl, (unlike S'pore where u can sit if it's empty). Also, be prepared to climb stairs a lot, as there's hardly any escalators, whc are used by old ppl mainly. All the Koreans use the stairs. So, taking the MRT to/from airport is difficult, as you will need to carry your suitcases up the stairs!

You dont need to bring much clothes. I brought a lot of clothes, but used almost the same clothes everyday. If you going in winter (1st quarter of the year), best to invest in a down jacket, which will keep you really warm, as it's really cold in winter! Must wear gloves and boots (low) to keep warm. Bring almost empty big suitcase, as you will shop and buy a lot of gd bargains

Food wise, if you like Korean food, there are many eateries around the hospital at Sinsa an Myeongdong. At Dongdaemun, there are eateries on the 7th floor, above the many floors of shops. Take the lift up. I ate at Subway nearby and Paris Baguette most days. KFC and Burger King are at Itaewon. Don't shop at Itaewon, as it's a touristy area. But good money changer rate there.

I hope all my information above will be useful to those of you who are planning your to Seoul. Just remember, doctors and their service, the procedures , and experiences may vary with each person's expectations, ideas and pain threshold. Just to let you know that, from my experience -Dr Kim is a person who doesn't talk much and may not be so gentle when examining you. But don't misinterpret this as arrogance or being cocky. Don't take it personally, that is his personality. Many don't understand his character, and take it as arrogance. I am not defending him, but just to highlight a possible misunderstood area. We all can choose any doctor /clinic that suits our needs and are comfortable with.
Ppl like me don't mind if the doctor don't talk much, as long as we know his skills are good. But others may consider doctors who talk more and are more gentle to be more important. Choose the one that suits your important requirements.

Hi susanlntan,

You had surgeries at BK? Can I know what procedures have you did? Can you send me your B/A pictures via email to me? [email protected]

Appreciate it millions!

Hi Susanlntan,
thanks for all your posts....i'm thinking about going for face lift, maybe we can go together....want to know more about your experience with BK...considering face contouring, and lift...

As for BK deposit : yes, once you decided on the procedure you wish to have, to secure the surgery date and guesthouse reservation, BZk will request for a deposit of around 30%.
This deposit is very safe, don't worry. You can make deposit into their OCZC SGD or USD account at our OCBC branch in Spore. They will provide you with their account number. It is better to deposit into their SGD account.
For me, I paid the full amount into BK OCBC bank account, so as to avoid paying the extra 10% tax if I had made any payment in Seoul.
So, don't worry, making the deposit or paying full amount to BK is very ssfe. In fact, it's better bec you don't need to pay the extra 10% tax if you pay in Seoul.
But when you make the deposit/full payment, you must ensure that your plans and itinerary are all confirmed and no changes, as there will be no refunds. And do keep all the bank receipts. After you make deposit/full payment, advise BK ASAP if there are any changes to your flight dates etc.

Regarding the deposit/ full payment to BK as mentioned earlier, please FO confirm all these with BK before making e deposit / payment into their account. Just offering my info n recommendation. Remember : there us strictly NO REFUNDS once deposit/full payment is made. Surgery dates may be changed if unplanned emergencies change your plans but no cancellations if surgery dates.

I am also planning on having cosmetic surgery in korea. I heard you had really great results and was wondering if you could sent some pics to see. Thanxs :smile:

Also what clinic did you visit?