BeautyHacker

Dr Kim at BK Hospital

Don't go. BK gave me a very bad nose job. Left me scar.

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi pretty girls here, anyone tried on Dr Kim from ITEM? Is this the same Dr Kim that you guys mentioned here? I saw his profile is ex director from BK.....did a consultation with him when he was in Spore...Btw, his full name is Dr. Kim Jin Sung

i would avoid BK. i have alot of plastic surgery over the past 6 years so as a result of trial and error, I know what procedures to select, how to select your surgeons, and who to avoid. I went for a consultation at BK last month when i was in Seoul. The staff were more concerned at telling me what procedures i should get and convincing me to pay a deposit for my surgery than actually listening to my needs. The doctor was very arrogant and gave me inconsistent answers. That was the head of surgery i spoke to.

The last thing you want is an arrogant surgeon because a) they will perform the surgery as they please according to their standard of beauty without considering what you are after b) they see you more as a paycheck than as a client. I had buccal fat removal performed with a rude arrogant surgeon in Australia. I learnt that my initial assumption that arrogant means good at his craft is completely incorrect. A surgeon should tend to your needs, hear your concerns and perform the surgery accordingly and not in a dismissive manner.

• 2 weeks later...
I had a nose revision and fat injection with Dr. Kim about 2 months now. I wish i never went there for my nose revision. I'm now in a big depression. The result is very bad.I don't dare to go out to see my friends. I had my consultation on Oct. 22 and surgery on 23. It's the biggest mistake i've ever done to my face. I told him that i dont want a short looking nose, therefore i am here today. I asked if i need a nose extention, he said that i don't need it. and my nose came out short and very ugly on my face. and on top of that he made it uneven because he inserted cartilage on one side, so it looks uneven from the front. I would having my old nose on my face if i knew this would happen. They charged me the max price when they qoute me it was between 4500-5500 and they charged me 5500$. He did not show me how i look after the surgery and when i ask they just look at me like im a botherer to them, yet they still didn't show me.

• 1 month later...
What doctor are you seeing in BK?im nervous since hear too many negative comments about BK. I've paid for the deposit .....

Hi! Which hospital do you go? I'm going in March ...I'm soo nervous

Hi! How was your surgery with BK?

• 1 month later...
I want to have eyes and v line done. I heard a lot of side effects for v line: nerve damage, can't eat, difficult chewing, can't control saliva, and numb. Im nervous I don't know if I should do v line or just chin. Any suggestions and doctors. do you know what doctors do on celebrities?

@CCsy the name of the surgeon i saw was Shin Yong Ho

I advise you to try to get the deposit back if not just forfeit it. As you said you are worried because of negative feedback from various people. If that is the case then do not ever go to a surgeon whom you are not confident with. Money is unimportant when it comes to your face.

@nikey12 don't bother looking for a surgeon that works on celebrities. That doesn't mean anything at all. You need to find a surgeon with the best methodology for your situation, and not that of someone else's face.

I just returned today after doing a Fat Graft procedure for my face with Dr Han of BK Dongyang Hospital. I am pleased with the results. This is my 2nd time I am doing a procedure with BK. The first time I did Upper and Lower Blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery) with Dr Kim after seeing the good works BK did for 3 of my colleagues. So far, I am happy with the results. I am fine with Dr Kim even though he do not talk much. But I advise everyone to visit a few clinics and doctors, and choose the one you prefer and feel most comfortable with. Most hospitals and clinics in Seoul can do most procedures. So, go visit a few and decide for yourself, which one suits you best. What is best for one person may not be the same experience for another person. It depends on what are your expectations and personal preferences.

Cline procedure is a major procedure - if you can endure the pain and discomfort for one month. You need to be on liquid diet fora few weeks and swellings is quite a lot. It is a procedure for the brave ones. But of course, the results are worth it.

Sorry, typo error - it's Vl line and not C line procedure.

I'm surprised by how negative all of the feedback about BK is. I had rhinoplasty done there by Dr Hong, 5 days ago and sure I'm still healing so I can't see the results yet. However, so far so good. Initially I found the staff excellent. There was always a fluent (or close to) English speaker present at all times. They took great care of me and my surgery went on without any hitch.

In fact, until today I had no complaints about them at all. Then, this morning I went in for a post-op check up and the nurse who was cleaning my nose, let some of the chemical (or whatever it was) run into my eye. It felt like my eye was on fire. The staff stared at me as I sat there swearing, and then eventually rinsed out my eye which helped a lot. They then told me that it was my fault and i had put the chemical in there. I denied this and said it was the nurse, and this argument went back and forth. In the end, they refused to accept culpability of any kind and did not offer me an apology.

In summary, when nothing was going wrong, they were great. However, if something bad happens they're going to hang you out to dry.

I paid 5,500,000 KRW for a rasp and caudal septum lift. I also opted to stay in the BK Guest House for the following few nights. Be warned if you choose to stay here, that although there a duvee, there are no bedsheets and no toilet paper. Bring everything with you.

i met dr Shin Yong Ho at BK. His awful and arrogant attitude and the unprofessional staff that were pressuring me to make a deposit before i even met the surgeon just turned me off this place

Yes, the Fat Graft fats are harvested from thighs or abdomen. It is cleaned and later injected into the face. The Stem Cell Fat Graft is better, lasts much longer but very expensive. If you like more details or my b4 and after pics , pls email me at [email protected]. I am happy with the results. I am fine with Dr Han who did my procedure, BK Hospital and their friendly staffs who took good care of me. Of course, there may be little things like sometimes no pillow/duvet or toilet paper/towel in guesthouse but I don't mind. To me, most important is the doctor's skills in doing my procedures well. So far, I am fine with BK Hospital, their doctors and staffs. But each persons' expectations / needs and priorities are different. So, people should visit a few hospitals/clinics/doctors and chose the one that they prefer and suits them best. Almost all clinics and doctors in Seoul can do most procedures. Just choose the one you like and are comfortable with, to minimize disappointments and complaints.

Susan58 - Everyone be careful. SUSAN58 IS WORKING FOR BK AND TRYING TO GET THEM MORE BUSINESS. SHE IS GETTING PAID FOR RECOMMENDING BK AND TELLING EVERYONE HOW GREAT THEY ARE BECAUSE BK REPUTATION IS VERY BAD.

Look at my old posts so you can see all my many operations and that I am genuine, when you have been around for as long as I have on here, it's easy to spot the fakes!