BeautyHacker

Dr Kim at BK Hospital

Dr. Park at OZ clinic speaks english pretty fluently, I'm not sure about the rest of the staff though

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heya,

I would advise that you do as much research online as you can and consult with a minimum of 3 surgeons in person before deciding. Please do not decide on who your surgeon will be solely based on before and after pictures they post online or photoshop work they do to photos you send to them.

It's important that the surgeon you are contracting to do your surgery is the primary surgeon starting, doing, and ending the procedure. When dealing with a large surgery center, you want to make sure you meet with the surgeon who will be doing your procedure (from beginning to end) and you feel comfortable with them. I have heard horror stories about surgeons starting a procedure and then having someone else close the stitches!!! :nogood:

My advice is to refrain from doing more than one procedure at a time. It's making a huge gamble on a surgeon's ability when they haven't yet proven themselves to you. Start small and grow the relationship from there. Maybe you want to seek out the expert in each discipline. Maybe the nose guy isn't the eye expert. And maybe the doctor who does forehead implants can't do mandibles. These surgeries are complex and if botched can do a lot more harm than good. Please choose wisely. If you're doctor is really good, he/she will be in practice long enough for you to get all your procedures done over time. ;) Good luck...:smooch:

i got to know this forum by googling plastic surgery clinic in korea and so far i like it here :smile: maybe i might get addicted to this forum xD thanks everyone for good tips about places~~ now i am kinda not sure about BK tho;; but so far now my list to clinics are BK, VIP, OZ in korea.. any other places? o yea i wanna go to clinics that speak good english too ><

Hi,
I was set on BK Clinic and I made my appointment months ago. I am a Korean American mixed- but my Korean is so limited that I wanted an English speaking doctor. My cousins pleaded with me to see more doctors in Seoul. They are everywhere her. So I did, and I decided on another clinic. Dr. Kim is famous and his hospital is very clean, but when I asked for a second consultation regarding the use of an implant for my nose job, he was pretty miffed. He say there and said nothing. I read that Korean doctors get insulted by questions. He did try to assuage my anxiety, but that was weird because I was not anxious. I told him I was excited. Nonetheless I have decided to go to Dr. Jung at Shimmian. We also visited Grand Surgery but their English was so limited that I did not feel comfortable with the commnication.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
hi i am having a consult next week at BK- im flying all the way from toronto!
i am wondering what statistics were you referring to on cnn about BK?
i also have a consult at banobagi with dr lee. i am leaning towards dr kim from bk so far. have you decided where to go?

really? how come, please share b/c i am having a consult with them next week

hi jamasian
thanks to your blog, i have decided to have a consult at banobagi as well as bk. how are you healing so far? you raved about dr lee for nose, but what about for eyes? i think they set me up for consult with dr J. have you heard of him?

• 2 weeks later...
My wife was traveling for business in Seoul, and I monitor our credit cards... low and behold there was a >$10,000 charge from the BK Clinic. I became very anxious, and called them; it was difficult to make contact with my wife but finally they let me talk to her. She had checked in for a full week to do something called the `30-year-old' and I'm not sure what that means; my wife is >40 years old.

But it seems like the `30-year-old' is some sort of eye-treatment,
a face lift, a `facial fat cupola', and a laser cut to the face.

What are these things? Anyone know?

I'm worried sick... she says she wanted to surprise me, and she did, but not in the way she intended.

Seems like there is a huge amount of risk from infection and also from having multiple procedures. She has very low blood pressure to start with, and that is another risk.

Then there she will be, bruised up and cut up, trying to recover for a week or so. The blogs say BK Clinic is not helpful, and she is 15,000 miles from home! Anyone know how long the healing for a `30-year-old' treatment takes, and what it entails.

When I called my wife she was very unhappy that I'd become aware of her surprise, and she started crying. The nurses cut off the phone call and told me any contact could seriously injure my wife, so, not to contact her for the next week. I kind of feel the anxiety that a cult like the Moonies has got my wife in a plastic surgery hospital in Seoul! Is BK OK or do they hold people and keep charging their credit cards?

Hello Trying2Learn. I was the one who posted the link to this forum on the BKDongyang website. I didn't mean to alarm you and I hope your wife's surgery turns out well. She must have been considering surgery for a long time, to have done it without telling you. Right now, she needs your support more than anything, regardless of how the surgery turns out.

It sounds like the surgeries she is having is mainly to make her look younger. The only one that requires cutting as far as I can tell is the "eye-treatment," which is likely blepharoplasty (to make double eyelids) and the facelift.The other surgeries sound fairly routine and should not have so many problems since they are quite common.

so 1. eye-treament means either blepharoplasty, or treatment of the bags under the eyes
2. face lift http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Face_lift check here to see the procedure
3. facial fat cupola = liposuction?
4. laser cut=lasering the skin to clear blemishes?