BeautyHacker

Laser treatment to remove hyperpigmentation, has anybody done it?

I know someone did it with success but I also heard stories that it went wrong due to the person being scarring skin type. How do you know whether your skin is suitable for laser-ing off the dark spots or not? I have some under my eyes and I have tried all kinds of lotions and potions and nothing ever worked. TIA!

I do IPL treatments or what is also called Photo facial. Works wonders for my hyperpigmentation. Little pain, zero downtime. Takes about 2 weeks for sun damage to flake off, and 3/4 sessions to see great results. I heard that it could make your skin more susceptible to thinning but I haven't experienced it. I dont over due it. I wear sunscreen everywhere since I did the procedures. I am doing my arms this week for the first time :smile:

i have hyperpigmentation on my body some small patches. I avoid using lasers like the plague because asian skin type scars and pigments so easily on the body. Not so much on the face cos the facial skin is so different. What i have found helped is transaxemic acid (i think that's how u spell it?) Not to mention its actually really good for post op healing if ure having surgery cos it aids in blood circulation. Its a pill btw

I have being doing some research on melasma (I have it on my face) and read about some clinical tests on tranexamic acid. K Couture, have you found it to have made a difference as I was going to ask my doctor about it next visit. Thanks!

Ive tried MSM, IPL, ELOS, Meladerm, but unfortunately, mine is dermal. I even asked about fraxel but they said they wouldn't do it until I went on a course of hypdroquinone, but i've tried it previously and think I had a slight allergic reaction. Heard it 's not good for you anyway. Not sure if it's the pill but I'm not willing to go off that yet. Anyway, tranexamic acid will be the next step for me.

yeh i was told to use a skin bleach to help with my pigmentation. What ended up happening was last year in dec i was in tokyo where its very dry in winter. I took ONE SCRATCH. the area went red. Next morning i woke up an the pigmentation went 3 times worse. I was so upset. Then i bought the clairosonic. Made it even darker. Finally my dermatologist told me my skin is just very prone to these kinds of conditions and gave me tranexamic acid. I also bought the talika light duo and been using it on and off. It seemed to work but i been too lazy to use it on a regular basis to be sure.

Cool! Thanks for your reply. Will it look red or something right after the procedure? Let me know how it goes with your arms!

Thanks for sharing this. I will do some research on transaxemic acid. I have never used a tablet/bill for cosmetic correction. Interesting!

It looks red flush colour for about an hour. But quickly dissipates. I got to work afterwards. Ive never experienced scarring but I am only half asian half white and I think I have more caucasian skin.

Make sure you find a doctor who has experience and top line machines for ipl. I think for asian skin you must keep laser at low setting and cant go too strong.

:smile:

Hi K Couture. May I ask if you live anywhere near Canberra or Sydney and if you would mind sharing who your dermatologist is. I went to my GP yesterday and asked for a prescription of tranexamic acid. She phoned a local dermatologist who said she wouldn't recommend it, so all I ended getting was a low strength Retin A and a whole heap of other suggestions that I've tried already. :nogood: Obviously I will need to go to a derm too, but I don't want to waste my money on someone who is also going to waste my time. If you live near me, maybe I can try and get a referral to her/him.