BeautyHacker

Laser treatment to remove hyperpigmentation, has anybody done it?

K Couture, you're such an encyclopaedia on all things beauty related. Hats off to you.
I've tried so many things, wasted so much money on lotions/potions/beauticians in the hope of getting rid of my melasmas(mainly on my cheeks). I got my gp to give me a prescription for tranexamic, he was so surprised that i will use it for pigmentations. How many tablets do you take per day? I can't wait to try this :smile: Right now my pimples and melasmas are the bane of my existence.

Thanks again for sharing your knowledge.

Its actually seems to be used as a very mild painkiller i think as when i went to pick up the meds the pharmacist asked me where my pain originated from and that its only suitable for very mild pain. Its other use is also to prevent blood loss. /shrugs. But in our case, the off label use is for hyperpigmentation. Dr Gregg Godman at the Dermatology Institute of Victoria prescribed them to be in Jan and i been using it since. According to him results only begin to show after usage for at least 2 months. For me i noticed results a little later, like in 4 months but its now the 6 month mark and im still using it. Good luck on your script.

Anyways for your reference, the brand i am using is called Cyklokapron. On the label it says each tablet contains 500mg of tranexamic acid. I use 2 a day one after each meal.

oh and btw for pimples use the blemish treatment from Nu Skin. Its reallly good. U can get it from leederville in Perth (tee hee i used to be from perth).

My hyperpigmentation is pretty well-controlled by regular use of Retin-A and Obagi Blender. I have mild melasma (a few light splotches around my temple and above my jawline).

I can tell from the way that my skin reacts to bug bites and such that I have a tendency to get post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation. I am avoiding lasers on my face for that reason. I am curious to try a TCA peel, however.

Honestly, unless you have a severe care of discoloration, before I got a procedure, I would try out every single topical that is clinically proven to even pigmentation.

I've recently had my freckles lasered off with the machine called Alexandra. It peeled within a week and my skin looked flawless, but after a week, my skin starting showing dark spots where the laser had aimed on my face. I read somewhere that the laser burned my skin. So it's like a burn mark. It's slowly fading away, but you can still see it with a thin layer of foundation.

Thanks heaps K Couture.

Laser is not suitable for Asian skin. It was invented for the mass market fair skinned people. I've used Aura laser on my pigmentations before (performed by dermatologist), my skin looked beautiful for about a month then the pigmentations came back bigger and darker.