BeautyHacker

My first PS experience with April31

Thanks for your reply and info Doloreslolita! I was wondering if you can share your post-op care with April31? How did they care for you, what was provided, and was it up to your expectation?:smile:

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moreen what brand is that? I don't know about that I think u had better email clinics.. I'm sorry about the rib implant u had removed.

I'll type more about the post op in a bit more. Sorry to keep y'all waiting.

I had an infection scare last week and it has been a long long week. Last Saturday, my bridge felt swollen which was out of the blue and conversely at the same time my tip was actually less swollen. The right side was sharp but left side was swollen on the bridge. I think I took really long to heal, might be my body issues. I was a wreck last week and kakaoed many friends and Brian who works at april31. He has been asking me about my nose almost everyday after the infection scare, every morning he starts work lol, even on weekends. He told me to take pictures from each side to show the nurses. On last Monday, Brian told me to take antibiotics for precautions. I collected 7 days of antibiotics and i have been pestering Brian about my nose as well lol. Lucky for me he was more than patient and detailed when he asked about my nose issues. I had ant bite sensation in my nostrils which Brian and others told me it's completely normal. I got so paranoid that I have been kakaoing many people about it. As you see, post op is not something easy. So pls be prepared when you do surgery. I don't think I am going to do another ps again... The amount of stress and paranoia are just too much. I am the kind of perfectionist so if anything goes a little wrong I get freaked out a bit too much.

Right now, I am deswelled. My nose bridge and tip from the side are deswelled. My front tip is still swollen, and yet to my liking(I have very high standard fyi;p). I'm now exactly four weeks post op. So far yes I'm very happy, just wished the tip would quickly settle in.

Yeah, probably a good idea to not move it for awhile. ;)

By the way, did you find any difficulty in communicating with Dr. Kim through the translator? Did Dr. Kim speak English at all (or is he only able to communicate through the translator and via written but not spoken English)?

Also, not sure if you had initially asked for closed vs open rhinoplasty (I saw that you ended up with open) - what's the reason you went for open in the end? Does Dr. Kim not do closed?

Thanks again for sharing your experiences here - very much appreciated! :smile:

Hello!!! I was surprised when dr kim spoke english. He speaks and understands english but the translator will always be there when u need him. I wasn't concerned with opened or closed. The scar is not obvious. :smile: Perhaps u can ask him about closed methods!

glad u chose april31 for ur nose surgery, this clinic is indeed one of the best for nose work and i hope u will be happy with ur nose surgery. april31 was gonna be my choice for primary nose surgery last year if only i didnt need v-line surgery which was more important for me back then and needed to do all my facial surgery at one clinic (i didnt choose april31 becuz they use T-cut method for v-line and i didnt want a T-cut) i went with another clinic and i thut i liked my results at first, but with all the troubles from thr after care i have recieved with that clinic i now (after one year post surgery and when most of the swelling went down and the actual nose shape appeared) i regret that i did my nose surgery there. wished i waited and did my nose surgery with april31. but we do mistakes and we learn. im saving up for my revision and still trying to research for good nose revision doctors. dr kim from april31 is on the top of my list at the moment.

BTW, does anyone here know the best way to contact April31 and get a reply? I've set up my consultations with most clinics already but have not been able to get in touch with April31 via email or their web form (it's been no reply for weeks). Any tips on correct contact method or info would be much appreciated!

You just go to their website and type into the chatbox. Brian will be the one replying you and it's quite instant if he's free. (Korean office hours i guess)